Uk People Some Help Please

msho

Hello everyone I'm new to the site and hope to join in as much as I can while I plan a trip Bangkok hopefully in about a years time. I've done several hours research already but was hoping some people from the UK could help me out a little. I've researched flight prices but they seem to fluctuate considerably and what I politely want to ask is what typical prices have you paid and what sort of prices should I expect to pay for the cheapest return flight from Heathrow to Bangkok.? Like I've said, I have done a fair amount of research already but it would be handy and very convenient to ask any UK travellers who have already done the trip and can give me some sort of idication as to what's the cheapest I can hope to pay. kind regards msho (sincere apologies if this has been asked before)

Hello everyone I'm new to the site and hope to join in as much as I can while I plan a trip Bangkok hopefully in about a years time. I've done several hours research already but was hoping some people from the UK could help me out a little. I've researched flight prices but they seem to fluctuate considerably and what I politely want to ask is what typical prices have you paid and what sort of prices should I expect to pay for the cheapest return flight from Heathrow to Bangkok.? Like I've said, I have done a fair amount of research already but it would be handy and very convenient to ask any UK travellers who have already done the trip and can give me some sort of idication as to what's the cheapest I can hope to pay. kind regards msho (sincere apologies if this has been asked before)

try ebookers, expedia or lastminute. Target price for advanced booking 400 quid.

Prices vary depending on time of year, avoid UK school holidays and other public holidays. Just keep looking and trying different dates. Quite often the airlines dont release the specials too many months in advance and you can actually get some good deals if you leave it up to a few weeks before you go then on the other hand you may not. If you are prepared to burn some midnight oil on the internet then you should be lucky.

In past years airlines start to drop their prices around August 15th as long as you dont want to return before mid Sept.

As already said prices can range from £350 to £700 depending on whether you want to fly direct or have 12 hours changeovers in such places as Dhaka or Columbo.

Try

ebookers

Airline Network

or

West East Travel for direct flights

i always use my nearest branch of Trailfinders (www.trailfinders.com)

- flight prices are obviously driven by time of year

- flying non-stop is always gonna be more expensive than connecting flights, but do you really want to make a 12hr flight a 15+hr

- in my experience EVA are the cheapest non-stop airline

- i fly EVA elite class (new name for the old evergreen premium eco class)

- anywhere between 475-750 for these seats depending on time of year

all the best

When I lived in the UK I always used WestEast Travel

They even have direct flights for less than 400GBP on their site now

http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/strPage.asp?idlink=27

I use WestEast...direct on Thai between £450 and £550 "ish" depending on time of year. Obviously, school holidays, Christmas and "Songkran" (Thai New Year) are more expensive.

Remember, the travel tax is now in the region of £120 :D

I always suggest getting a direct flight, if you don't, check the connecting flights times, sometimes it can be as much as a 9 hour wait ... :o

Or maybe you want to spend a few days in Dubai... :D

Enjoy your trip :D

RAZZ

Major Thanks everyone.

I've done about 4 to 5 hours research last night and there are many options. An awkward part of the whole trip for me is getting to London (Heathrow) that involves a very long coach journey from where I live in the UK. What I'm thinking now is flying from my local airport, about an hour away, to Amsterdam via Easy Jet, which is really cheap. I am very familiar with Schiphol airport in Amsterdam and know the city very well too and might springboard off to Bangkok directly from there and possibly stay the night in A'dam.

But saying that, a stop-over in another country I've not been to yet sounds intriguing to break up such a long flight. The longest I've ever been on a flight is only 4 hours from the UK and I had enough by then...LOL

Thanks for all the info and links, which I will start checking out as I go along.

kind thanks, it's been a great help

msho

But saying that, a stop-over in another country I've not been to yet sounds intriguing to break up such a long flight. The longest I've ever been on a flight is only 4 hours from the UK and I had enough by then...LOL

China Airlines, EVA Air and KLM fly direct AMS - BKK

You dont say where you are but a number of airlines fly out of Manchester such as Emirates via Dubai or Singapore Airlines via Singapore to BKK. Price of flights out of Manchester are very little different to LHR prices

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Major Thanks everyone.

I've done about 4 to 5 hours research last night and there are many options. An awkward part of the whole trip for me is getting to London (Heathrow) that involves a very long coach journey from where I live in the UK. What I'm thinking now is flying from my local airport, about an hour away, to Amsterdam via Easy Jet, which is really cheap. I am very familiar with Schiphol airport in Amsterdam and know the city very well too and might springboard off to Bangkok directly from there and possibly stay the night in A'dam.

Thanks for all the info and links, which I will start checking out as I go along.

kind thanks, it's been a great help

msho

you could check to see if KLM fly from your local airport - they do "one-stop" flight to BKK - stopping in Schipol (spelling)

if you fancy an interesting stop - abu dhabi / dubai was fascinating - i stayed for a week before flying on to BKK

Used ebookers the last six times......efficient and etickets available for most airlines. I usually book within 4 weeks of my journey.

If you intend to travel around Xmas or the new year period it is always best to book well in advance as the prices escalate nearer to the festive season.

Many of the prices you see advertised on various sites do not include taxes and the final price can be subtantially more than what is at first quoted.

Thanks for the further info everyone.

I'm still doing lots and lots of research and it's all getting to be a fun hobby as I keep coming across many other interesting things relating to Bangkok as I go along. The flight time duration does scare me a little, it is a long haul sitting in one seat for so long, but I'm sure it will be worth it once there.

BTW, my nearest airport in the UK is Bristol. The research I've done so far they don't fly direct to BKK but do a several hour stop in Amsterdam which is fine. I know Amsterdam very well and can easily kill a few hours in a coffeeshop or two.

Thanks for the further info everyone.

I'm still doing lots and lots of research and it's all getting to be a fun hobby as I keep coming across many other interesting things relating to Bangkok as I go along. The flight time duration does scare me a little, it is a long haul sitting in one seat for so long, but I'm sure it will be worth it once there.

BTW, my nearest airport in the UK is Bristol. The research I've done so far they don't fly direct to BKK but do a several hour stop in Amsterdam which is fine. I know Amsterdam very well and can easily kill a few hours in a coffeeshop or two.

Its not that long on a coach from Bristol to Heathrow and its pretty direct is it not - through Reading. t might be quicker than getting to and checking in at an airport early etc

The flight time is OK as long as you have a decent entertainment system - this used to piss me off about Thai in economy but I used them as I am Gold Card and often got upgrades.

You will be so excited though the flight time will not bother you - I was out 4 o 5 times a year until I re-located back to the region.

I would not stop-over though as i was always in a hurry to get there

Enjoy and as you are saying it is fun planning the trip.

Edited by Prakanong

• 2 weeks later...

My advice:

Join the Thai frequent flyer programme online, Royal Orchid Plus. When you get your frequent flyer card, book your ticket.

Quote your frequent flyer number and "pre-book" your seat at the back of the plane, eg any of the 3 last rows, there are only two seats. The seats at the back have more legroom, and rows of two. IMHO they are the best "bookable" seats, as the ones by emergency exits can't be "pre-booked" due to safety concerns.

Eg.

http://www.seatexpert.com/_TG_7442.html

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thai_Airw...47-400_7442.php

If you're worried about the length of time, get a night flight, a few hours sleep makes all the difference. Plus, there are no personal-tvs in Economy on Thai, and the films are pretty bad anyway :o

Get the coach to Heathrow.

Catch your flight on Thai.

Arrive and enjoy your time in LOS :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL