How to show 40k coming to Thailand every month for a year if you just arrived back with your Wife after a year and a half in France?f

I will arrive in Thailand in September with my Wife.

I'll try to get the visa exemption stamp of 30 days.

+ 2 months extension based on marriage.

During this time, can I transfer my stay into a non-immigrant based on marriage from Bangkok Immigration?

BUT:

I don't have 400k

How to prove my incomes if I arrive in Thailand with an exemption of visa, while at the same time I apply for a non-immigrant visa?

I will have only 2 months with money coming into my Thai bank since I just arrived with my Wife after a few years in France?

I can show only 1 or 2 months to switch to a nonimmigrant.

I can show 3 or maybe 4 months for the 1-year extension ??

Thank you

Edited by alexlm

8 hours ago, allane said:

Do you have pension, or other, income in France ? To my knowledge, the French Embassy will still do income letters, and Thai Immigration still accepts those.

French embassy, like American embassy before, just makes a sworn statement , they don't  check anything 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:46 AM, allane said:

Do you have pension, or other, income in France ? To my knowledge, the French Embassy will still do income letters, and Thai Immigration still accepts those.

You are right. But it is an affidavit. It looks like Immigration knows it too.

I was turned down in Jomtien Immigration.

The Woman in a small office in the back left, she is the boss and manager for marriage extension I guess.

She turned me down because I wrote I get 63,000 THB a month.

She didn't believe. She said I am too young speaking Thai to my Wife. She asked for 400k. But I didn't have it. Now as well. ^^

I had to travel 3 times, total 300km to always be told that something is missing. Every time I came back with the right papers, they would stay to come back later due to document requirement?

Finally, Sri Racha Immigration accepted my letter. Lucky me.

But I will be living in Pattaya and now I am afraid. How will I do? Since the IO does not accept my French Embassy letter.

Edited by alexlm

On 1/8/2019 at 3:47 AM, MalandLee said:

I have never heard about this option - if you care to elaborate it would be much appreciated.

What aren't you understanding? 

What option? I don't understand.

You can get a 30 days stamp without a visa.

When you are on day 26, you go to Immigration with proof that you are married with a Thai (long list of documents).
And they will easily give you a 2 months extension based on marriage with a Thai.

to give u 17 months without headache mon amie (my friend) you go with your wife to savannaketh laos to obtain a non-o multiple then no proof of 400 k needed, when that is finished you apply for the 60 days to visit yr thai misus. thus 17 months to transfer to los and save up.

wbr

roobaa01

2 hours ago, alexlm said:

She turned me down because I wrote I get 63,000 THB a month.

She didn't believe. She said I am too young speaking Thai to my Wife. She asked for 400k. But I didn't have it. Now as well. ^^

That is the Non-O Stamp person, yes?  They want to be paid-off via an agent (reported to take 16K Baht money direct to do the job in the past, but may be more cautious now).  They told me income was not permitted at all, when I tried - though I had a Thai Bank Book showing foreign-xfer backup-proof to accompany my embassy-letter (USA affadavit).

This is why it would be best to arrive with a Non-O Visa, if applying in that office - or go get one in Laos, or live in Bangkok until you complete getting one there. 

The Family-Extension desk in Jomtien is different - not friendly either, but didn't make a fuss over my income-statement.  Their trick, to get you to an agent for tea-money, is to demand a bunch of docs from your landlord (which the landlord may not be willing to supply).  If you own your own condo, this obstacle can be avoided.  Otherwise, you will need:

Landlord's ID (signed by landlord)

Landlord's House Book (signed by landlord)

Rental Contract

Your Residence House Book (signed by landlord)

Your Residence Chanote (purchase doc, signed by landlord)

These could be used for fraudulent purposes, which is why the landlord will likely object to supplying all of them.

The French embassy-letter for income should still be accepted.  If they ask for backup-proof, a couple months of xfers plus anything you have showing where the money came from should be OK

Rather, than  providing an option of how to "play" or "beat" the system, I strongly suggest that you consider the Thai immigration requirements as helping you. If you cannot meet the financial requirements, stay in France. as you do not have the financial means to support yourself and your "wife".

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:19 AM, geriatrickid said:

Rather, than  providing an option of how to "play" or "beat" the system, I strongly suggest that you consider the Thai immigration requirements as helping you. If you cannot meet the financial requirements, stay in France. as you do not have the financial means to support yourself and your "wife".

It is the opposite.

I have been living in Thailand because it is cheaper.

Try to live in France with 500€. You just can't.

Why should I support my Wife? She is old enough to care for herself.

We will be back in Thailand.

You are not answering the question at all.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, geriatrickid said:

He asked how to prove his income - not "play" anything.  It is Thai Immigration who fraudulently denied his past application for a Non-O - same person who fraudulently denied mine, and many others reported here. 

The vast majority of "gaming" involves some IOs who play the system for payoffs - trying to force us us walk the crooked-agent path.  The vast majority of us apply honestly, but some are selected to be shafted-around until we give up or pay them off.

15 hours ago, alexlm said:

I have been living in Thailand because it is cheaper.

Of course - one of the primary reasons why it is an attractive retirement destination. 

But summarizing my suggestions above - all do-able:

• Get Non-O Visa in France (single or multiple-entry)
  • Get Non-O stamp in the Bangkok office, using your embassy's income-letter
  • Get Non-O Visa in Laos (single or multiple-entry (Savannakhet for multiple))

Note that the Multiple-Entry Visa option (France or Savannakhet, Laos) gives you 90-day permitted-stays for each entry for a year - so nearly 15 months of use. 

All Non-O entries (or any entry) can be extended 60-days more to visit your wife, but if in Jomtien, what I wrote above about "landlord docs" does not change, so make sure your landlord gives you All on that list before you pay deposit / move-in.