Grieving mum of British backpacker found dead in Bangkok hotel pays tribute to 'lovely' son

webfact

Grieving mum of Consett backpacker found dead in Thailand hotel pays tribute to 'lovely' son

Luke Ramage, from Consett, was found dead in red light district hotel in Bangkok, Thailand

Luke Ramage.jpg

Luke Ramage was found dead in at red light district hotel in Bangkok, Thailand

The circumstances around Consett backpacker Luke Ramage's death in a red light district hotel in Thailand remain unknown.

Now - speaking for the first time since his death - grieving mum Kathleen Rowell has paid tribute to her "lovely" son as the family fundraise to bring him home.

Dad-of-two Luke arrived in Bangkok for a six-week holiday to Thailand and Cambodia dubbed "the boys on tour" on December 13. But within a matter of days, he was found dead in the city's Bavana Hotel at the age of just 31.

Staff nurse Kathleen has bravely opened up on the agony of her loss, and believes the pain of her son's death still feels as raw almost a month on.

Full story: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/luke-ramage-consett-bangkok-thailand-15639514

-- Chronicle Live 2019-01-08

Always a loving husband and father go to SE Asia to have a little naughty fun with the peasants of SE Asia and imbibe in some local agriculture for a month and a half, but no cash to get his corpse home?   Thank gad for go fund me pages; now no one every has to be responsible again.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Remember the days when we just bought travel insurance to cover things like body repatriations in the event the worst happened? Now it seems that begging via a Gofundme page has usurped the need for travel insurance when it comes to accidents, injuries, deaths abroad. 

You spot on 

Nobody seems to have a insurance this day's 

I personally don't pay people for be careless about no insurance 

To people without insurance just think if you hurt someone and you don't have insurance or money to pay this people can get big problems do you not care about them???? 

Ofcores you not care about yourself first after you have a accident 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JimmyDee said:

Travel insurance company rejecte more claims that they pay.  Everyone knows that. If someone doesn't approve of gofund,  it's their opinion to ignore it. Negative comments serve no purpose other than to hurt the people who loved this unfortunate  and tragic individual.  

Well said, the poor guy may have been the victim of foul play, maybe given an overdose of something to put him to sleep .

I know many over the years I have met that have been drugged and robbed.

Hope this is not the case and condolences to the family.

Very tragic.

8 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

A cremation in Thailand would be a lot cheaper and simpler than flying a body back to the UK. In fact it could even be cheaper than a burial in the UK. 

Why all this talk of a GoFundMe campaign. 

Would you trust an autopsy in BKK?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 11:28 PM, Geordie59 said:

A cremation in Thailand would be a lot cheaper and simpler than flying a body back to the UK. In fact it could even be cheaper than a burial in the UK. 

Why all this talk of a GoFundMe campaign. 

I do not want to live in the UK, while i am alive and kicking.

I certainly dont want to be returned to the UK , the price of funerals there. RIP

Edited by elliss