Saudi Arabia denies requesting extradition of woman in Thailand - embassy

webfact

Saudi Arabia denies requesting extradition of woman in Thailand - embassy

2019-01-08T051150Z_1_LYNXNPEF07077_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-SAUDI.JPG

Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun, a Saudi woman who claims to be fleeing her country and family, is seen in Bangkok, Thailand January 7, 2019 in this still image taken from a video obtained from social media. TWITTER/ @rahaf84427714/via REUTERS

DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's embassy in Thailand has denied reports that Riyadh had requested the extradition of a young Saudi women seeking asylum in Thailand, the embassy said on Twitter.

2019-01-08T051047Z_1_LYNXNPEF07074_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-SAUDI-(1).jpg

Saudi teen Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun walks with Thai immigration authorities at a hotel inside Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand January 7, 2019. Thailand Immigration Police via REUTERS

Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun, 18, who fled from her family and barricaded herself inside a Bangkok airport hotel to prevent Thai authorities expelling her, was allowed to leave the airport after talks with the United Nations refugee agency late on Monday.

She arrived in Bangkok on Saturday from Kuwait, saying she feared her family would kill her if she was forced to go home.

(Reporting by Maher Chmaytelli; Editing by Robert Birsel)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-01-08

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

They've denied killing Khashoggi as well, so I suppose they are consistent.

Since the killing of Khashoggi apart from a few rare pygmies still lost in an African forest and the last Indians of the Amazon no one believes a word of what the officials of Saudi Arabia can say????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, mackayae said:

Saudi Arabia is a member of the UN Human Rights Council.

And they follow the rules to a tee.

In the UN rules addendum. Paragraph 3, 1.a. It clearly states.

All members will be able to kidnap, kill and dismember anyone who disagrees with you.

Can't imagine why the poor kid would be afraid to head home now... haha

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

She is young, attractive and hopefully will find and be attracted to a equally young educated person from a "NORMAL" country who will marry her. I spoke to my wife and she said the 60 years age difference probably would not work well for MY HEALTH

• Haha 1

I don't really know what to believe. There have been so many twists and turns. Both sides have an agenda. Let's hope the full story comes out. Does she have a ticket to Australia and a visa? Does she have money? The story originally was she was denied entry because she had no money to support herself. But she was just in transit to Australia, but she wanted to stay a few days in Thailand. Her passport was either handed over to a Thai official or it was physically forced from her. The story changes again, and again. I don't necessarily trust the Thais, the Saudis, or her. She is going for as much sympathy as possible. Saudi has many despicable laws on the books making all Saudi women eligible for asylum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mackayae said:

Saudi Arabia is a member of the UN Human Rights Council.

really? full memberdhip or just honorary member? Was Hitler also a Jainist? We know he was a vegetarian. So Saudi member of UN Human Rights Council, and Hitler was a Jainist. That's what we believe the world has become a cesspool.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

Apparently this is up for renewal in 2019, I wonder if they will be booted out, they should be.

Subject to US veto. You think Mr Trump would allow his best friends to be "booted" out.

And why should they. They have not done anything inconsistent with former US foreign policy.

The Saudis just copied US operational necessity. Find a critic, shut him up. I am to old to care 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Subject to US veto. You think Mr Trump would allow his best friends to be "booted" out.

And why should they. They have not done anything inconsistent with former US foreign policy.

The Saudis just copied US operational necessity. Find a critic, shut him up. I am to old to care 

"I am too old to care"

Me too-the 'Great Game' has lost its appeal.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"I am too old to care"

Me too-the 'Great Game' has lost its appeal.

It is difficult to reconcile what is happening to the world now. The "great game" of British trade expansion did at

least leave some good remnants behind. Some railways, some educational institutions and maybe some democracy of a sort.

Now we have three bullies in the same pit bull enclosure. US, Russia and China. And all the hangers on to them.

No morals, no decency, no rule of law, make it up as you go. No true diplomacy.

It was once a given rule that war was the last option for common sense and diplomacy. US have made it the first option.

The thing with war is that no one knows the outcome. The US still does not understand that basic concept. The war machine must make money.

I am too old to care, whoever you are, come silence me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiderorchid said:

It is difficult to reconcile what is happening to the world now. The "great game" of British trade expansion did at

least leave some good remnants behind. Some railways, some educational institutions and maybe some democracy of a sort.

Now we have three bullies in the same pit bull enclosure. US, Russia and China. And all the hangers on to them.

No morals, no decency, no rule of law, make it up as you go. No true diplomacy.

It was once a given rule that war was the last option for common sense and diplomacy. US have made it the first option.

The thing with war is that no one knows the outcome. The US still does not understand that basic concept. The war machine must make money.

I am too old to care, whoever you are, come silence me

"Dear Mr Spiderorchid,

Whilst we understand your desire to be silenced (after all,it is very noisy out there) I am afraid that we are kinda busy just now and you will just have to take a number and wait for a while."

Signed,

Captain,

USS Predator.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

nah money oil rules .

And the next will be? We have always been chasing resources, nothing will change, since we always living on the edge of what we have. The goldrush is not over yet,