Help With Visas

Hello,

I am coming to Thailand in June & am intending on staying up to 2 years. I am not intending to work, just having a very long holiday & would like some more info on visas as having been reading through all the info i am still confused.

I understand that i can get a 2 month visa & an extension for a further 2 months & after that i will have to do the 30 day visa runs. I also understand that if i transfer 3 million Baht into a Thai bank account i will then be able to stay for 90 days at a time without having to do the visa runs. Also i believe i saw somewhere something about a 12 month multiple entry visa. Please can you give me some more info on this. Does it actually exist & if so how much.

Is it true they are cracking down on 30 day visa runs. i.e. saying you can only do this two or three times?

I am not a novice to Thailand, having been there 12 times in the last 3 years & have a Thai girlfriend, but this is the first time i have considered staying for a lon period of time

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Big Rigs

Hello,

I am coming to Thailand in June & am intending on staying up to 2 years. I am not intending to work, just having a very long holiday & would like some more info on visas as having been reading through all the info i am still confused.

I understand that i can get a 2 month visa & an extension for a further 2 months & after that i will have to do the 30 day visa runs. I also understand that if i transfer 3 million Baht into a Thai bank account i will then be able to stay for 90 days at a time without having to do the visa runs. Also i believe i saw somewhere something about a 12 month multiple entry visa. Please can you give me some more info on this. Does it actually exist & if so how much.

Is it true they are cracking down on 30 day visa runs. i.e. saying you can only do this two or three times?

I am not a novice to Thailand, having been there 12 times in the last 3 years & have a Thai girlfriend, but this is the first time i have considered staying for a lon period of time

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Big Rigs

if you want to stay here for a longer period of time you should get a non immigrant visa.

what is you nationality and age?

Sorry if i didn't give enough info. I am 33 years old & from England.

Have you thought about marrying the lady ? That's the easyiest way to go. You can apply for a one year multi entry non-immigrant O class visa at the Thai Consulate at Hull or Birmingham. You could stay in Thailand up to 15 months by crossing borders every 90 days.

Sorry for my naivity, but why has it got to be Birmingham or Hull? Will they not do it at the Thai embassy in London or are they just too difficult. Do they usually give these out easily & how much are they as this does seem like a great option.

Thanks for the help by the way & i haven't known her long enough to even contemplate marrying her, but who knows what will happen if i can get a visa for 15 months!

Cardiff or Hull will give you a multiple entry type "O" visa if you state on your application that you are visiting friends / relatives and you provide a written guarantee from a 3rd party. The 3rd party undertakes that they will pay all expenses which occur should you run out of money etc and are being repatriated.

Just do not bother with the embassy in London.