More hugs and wais as Thai honesty and police helpfulness confirmed

webfact

34 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Not only the Poms-my old friend Antonio worked on farms at Cowra as a PoW-was shipped back to Italy where he was recruited-straight off the boat-to emigrate  back to Australia.He worked on the Snowy scheme-as did-Greeks,Yugoslavs and many DP's (displaced persons) set up his own concrete company and died a most honoured man.His story-amongst many others-is legion.

Sir John Monash-our most honoured General was the son of poor Jewish/Germanic emigrants.

The famed commander of the 2nd Australian Division was Charles  Rosenthal of Danish/Swedish parents.

The land of opportunity.

Thanks good post. 

How did we allow our leaders to create such division preying upon the weak minded. 

Multi cultural Australia is such a better place than it was.  Although there was some diversity when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's it is a very successful MC country now, defies belief some remain blind to it. 

Show me the CCTV footage of these people leaving their bags and envelopes behind and I might believe it. Otherwise, this is Thai government propaganda. 

And the fact that they have to make a spectacle about being honest says everything you need to know about the Thais.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the high profile media event will be a shock to those that believe such stories are merely conspiracies staged to improve the country's image after negative press. 

Of course it's a shock!!! You just UNDERLINED the fact that we live in a society of completely dishonest gits, where a mere speck - a glimmer - of honesty and humanity, is heralded by a 'high profile media event' (as you put it), gets publicity, ink-space and media coverage. And not forgetting that ubiquitous giant plastic banner.

'...Thai honesty and police helpfullness...': LOL! There can, still, be, a few, nice things which can be written about some Thais and even a couple of BiBs, but, please, generalising that is making it laughable and totally incredible exaggeration for anyone having an even quite limited experience in the country! 

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

A good point there.

When I last went back to the UK, I left my wallet at the checkout in Tesco. I realised later, and went back to Tesco.

My wallet was with customer services. I thanked them and also the cashier, but strangely enough there were no police or tourist agencies who felt the need to contact the press for a photo-shoot. Strange.

...And you gave them a few 1,000 bills as reward, did you, or didn't you, erm...?

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

just bought a loaf of bread, placed it on the motobike seat, had to go back to pick up my bag, when returning to the motobike the loaf of bread disappeared ?????police was driving by, raised my hand to stop them to no avail.....

I thought you were going to say that the loaf was still there but the motorbike had gone. Would have been more realistic ????

Archived