Frenchman 1st overstay of 2019

Rimmer

Frenchman 1st overstay of 2019

image.png

A French man became the first overstay arrest of the year when Immigration Police captured him in front of his South Pattaya home.

Guillaume Lucien Shetta Wagner, 29, had started acting nervously when he spotted patrol police Jan. 3. The visa in his passport was found to have expired 200 days ago.

Wagner told police he had overstayed because his friend told him he could stay as long as he liked and then just pay the 20,000-baht fine at the airport when he left.

He was informed that overstaying is a criminal offense and he will now be deported and banned from the kingdom for five years.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2019-01-11

I here rumours of people being kicked out for 1 day over stay is there any facts or news reports to this rumours or twisted gossip

I  know Someone that overstayed accidently by 1 month and they allowed him to pay the fine but gave him a strict warning plus it was his first overstay 

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

Another French man was shot in cold blood more than a month ago by an off duty ego raged out officer in bkk ,as the world saw it all on CCTV...and not a word...

What's that got to do with it but, anyway, what do you mean, "not a word"?  It was all over the press!

4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

A French man became the first overstay arrest of the year when Immigration Police captured him in front of his South Pattaya home.

Captured? Not arrested, apprehended, or detained.

What sort of animal did the journalist think it was?  Did they use a lassoo on the neck, or a rope around one of the rear legs?

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just shows you that BJ is all talk, but little action, he said all overstayers would be flushed out a couple of months ago.

I don't want to judge him by a single one getting through the net. That actually might be positive that more have not been found (or a negative). Over-stayers do not seem to be deterred by the penalties, so we will always have more. 

21 hours ago, BigC said:

I here rumours of people being kicked out for 1 day over stay is there any facts or news reports to this rumours or twisted gossip

I  know Someone that overstayed accidently by 1 month and they allowed him to pay the fine but gave him a strict warning plus it was his first overstay 

Rumors.......not facts, bar room banter  -  how does someone "accidently" overstay by an entire month, can't read??  a couple days, a week, but not a month. Sorry, don't buy it, gotta love the Frenchman's excuse "My friend said I could stay as long as I liked"  Besides this Frenchman overstayed 200 days - he deserves to be deported and banned for 5 years.

Homeland Security: More than 600,000 foreigners overstayed U.S. visas in 2017. More than 600,000 foreign travelers who legally entered the United States in 2017 overstayed their visas and remained in the country by the end of the year, according to Department of Homeland Security data released Tuesday.Aug 7, 2018

Big Joke would be crying in his soup

On 1/11/2019 at 11:12 AM, richard_smith237 said:

BJ missed his own deadlines......

On 1/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, colinneil said:

Just shows you that BJ is all talk, but little action,

he said all overstayers would be flushed out a couple of months ago.

I am very unsure about that. :unsure:

The "all overstayers" only appears in ThaiVisa and a few English language websites.

According to my Thai friend, what is said - in Thai - is more like "all known overstayers" ...

15 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I am very unsure about that. :unsure:

The "all overstayers" only appears in ThaiVisa and a few English language websites.

According to my Thai friend, what is said - in Thai - is more like "all known overstayers" ...

A fair comment, but....in that case immigration are admitting their computer system is useless, as it cannot show over-stayers by checking 'admitted until' date in their records.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:04 PM, mok199 said:

Another French man was shot in cold blood more than a month ago by an off duty ego raged out officer in bkk ,as the world saw it all on CCTV...and not a word...

What do you mean by "not a word" ?

By example what about these threads :

Etc. 

2 minutes ago, wobblyjohn said:
On 1/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, bluesofa said:

A fair comment, but....in that case immigration are admitting their computer system is useless, as it cannot show over-stayers by checking 'admitted until' date in their records.

So Thailand wont be able to air their prowess in building simple a database technology at the Dubai expo then

Who knows.

I suppose there could be the chance that the immigration system could possibly show over-stayers, but a) perhaps it has never occurred to anyone to use it for this option, or b) no one knows how to produce a report listing all the records that meet the criteria.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, Pattaya46 said:

What do you mean by "not a word" ?

By example what about these threads :

Etc. 

I think his point is that we do not know (there "is no word") on what, if anything is happening to the policeman who shot and killed the Frenchman so publicly. Has it been investigated, has he been charged, and if so with what? 

He quite reasonably makes the comparison between the apparent lack of action in this case and the blaze of self adulatory publicity over such a relatively minor case as n immigration overstay.

Archived