Java

marquess

Much to my surprise I was unable to enable the IBM Real Time Scoreboard at www.rolandgarros.org I got the message that your browser has not been set up to run Java applets. Now previously when using 98, I had no problem launching this scoreboard.

I have looked through the help section, but to no avail. Can anyone therefore tell how to enable java with internet explorer???

Microsoft has some kind of a quarrel going on with Sun (who develops Java) and since XP came around a lot of XP Pc's don't correctly initiate Java applets...

You only have this problem with a clean install of XP, no problems if you upgraded to XP from 98 ,Me or 2000.

To solve your problem, you have to install the virtual Java engine, downloadable from

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Take the second option (manual download for Windows), save the file to your documents (it's a big one, download might take a while)

When finished, just run the program, it'll install Java, and your XP will run any java applet thrown at it :o

Monty

... no problems if you upgraded to XP from 98...

This scoreboard is really neat! I am running XP - an upgrade from 98SE - and can see the scoreboard with no problems, just like monty said.

Does anyone know if there is going to be something similar for Wimbledon, you know, the REAL tennis tournament? :o

This scoreboard is really neat! I am running XP - an upgrade from 98SE - and can see the scoreboard with no problems, just like monty said.

Does anyone know if there is going to be something similar for Wimbledon, you know, the REAL tennis tournament?

Yes it is available for all the grandslams, as to your comments about the real tournament starting at Wimbledon. If you really enjoy tennis you will see more of it at Roland Garros, than on the fast courts of Wimbledon