New Highway Construction East Of Sukumvit Road & Railroad Tracks

Pattaya Dave

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, but I searched a bit for it and couldn't find any reference to it. I live off Soi Khaw Noi, east of Sukumvit Road and have noticed the new road construction along the east side of the north/south running railroad tracks. I was curious if anyone had any interesting information concerning this road such as:

1. Has anyone seen or read anything concerning the intended plan for this road?

2. Where does it begin and end?

3. Is it a two-lane or 4-lane road?

4. When is it supposed to be completed?

5. Was the purpose of the road to alleviate the increased congestion on Sukumvit Road?

6. Will there be any bridges built over Sukumvit Road linking this road and roads west of Sukumvit such as Pattaya South, Central or North?

Depending on the length and quality of this road, it could really be of great benefit in reducing Sukumvit traffic and for those who reside east of Sukumvit Road. I have always felt that a bypass road should be built east of Sukumvit thay bypasses Banglamung, Pattaya and Jomtien. The new highway 7 is a little to far east and other than Highway 36, there are not too many links to it. I would appreciate any information concerning the new road construction since I do live east of Sukumvit and plan to live here for a long time to come.

Thanks,

Pattaya Dave

I believe it's the extension of highway 7 which will branch off near the lake with 1 stretch going along next too the rail line and the other stretch going past VJ Estate/ Manukken Piss bar and coming out onto Sukhumvit at Na Jomtien so to bypass Pattaya completly.

I would think it would be at least 4 lanes wide.

The road running parallel with the railway is completely separate from the extension of highway nr. 7...

It is being build by army engineering teams, and is indeed planned to alleviate Sukhumvit congestion.

No bridges planned, the road will run simply parallel with the railroad.

The road running parallel with the railway is completely separate from the extension of highway nr. 7...

It is being build by army engineering teams, and is indeed planned to alleviate Sukhumvit congestion.

No bridges planned?Another nice idea for another useless road.

Believing all that is said is true. I notice at the end/middle of the construction works, at the Siam Country club road rail crossing, it all just kind of "comes together". I watch with interest to see what will happen at this junction.

What no bridges ?

I appreciate all of the input from the forum members, however I am still a bit confused as to the start and end points of the new road. Will the road merge into Sukhumvit at both ends such as at a newly formed intersection with lights (I hope) or will they end at one of the many Soi's running perpendicular into Sukhumvit?

I agree with many of you, why no bridges? It is getting more and more difficult and dangerous to cross Sukhumvit when entering Sukhumvit Road from any of the Soi's east of Sukhumvit.

Also, do any of you remember seeing or reading concerning the construction of this road when it was still in the planning stages? It seems that any major construction plans that go on in Pattaya is done behind closed door with no input from the public instead of in open hearings as is done in some cases in the west.

Even if there are no bridges built across Sukhumvit Road, I guess the road will have some, if little, benefit, however lets all be honest here, when most of us leave our homes located on the east side of Sukhumvit, our destination is to some location on the west side of Sukhumvit therefore we will still have the same problem trying to cross Sukhumvit. The real downer is that roads such as Pattaya South, Central and North do not continue eastward across Sukhumvit. If they did, this new road would be a godsend.

Thanks,

Pattaya Dave