Why can't I find Box Fans in Asia?

TonyClifton

Actually they are not at all common here - I have not seen any outside of a temple during my many years here.  Box fans are good for air change where temperature lowers in the evening - here temperature does not vary that much so fans are used to lightly blow on us by most people without air conditioning.

6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Is it the Leo ... Lazada have them...

Could you post a link?  I've lived here for over 20 years and have never been able to find any.

They are available on ebay but most are 120vac as this is a common fan used in the US. Most windows in US houses are casement windows  with wide window sills and they are great for opening a window and placing them in front of it close to the screen to suck in cool air at night.  I've actually made my own here using "glass wall" fans available from Lucky Mitsu and hanging them on the security bars in front of an open window, but they are only 12'fans so I ganged more than one in my creation.

Just now, CharlieH said:

No.

That isn't a box fan.  I gave you a picture of what it looks like.  It's not round.  The entire fan is square.  The back is square and flat as is the front.

Just now, TonyClifton said:

No.

That isn't a box fan.  I gave you a picture of what it looks like.  It's not round.  The entire fan is square.  The back is square and flat as is the front.

What you mean is, that's not what you are looking for, not that its not a box fan.

s-l300.jpg

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What you mean is, that's not what you are looking for, not that its not a box fan.

Look above.  A box fan is square.  Flat on both sides.  Big enough to fit a window.  th?id=OIP.KTt8FpA1y42YXnPc9VtopQHaHa&pid

It's not a square box with a round fan.  It looks like the one above.

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Perhaps you'd like to write to inform the store their description is wrong.

Good luck with your search.

I've been going back and forth with the Civil Aviation office about getting Siam Commercial to replace the red light on top of their building.  Every night I watch heavy jets get very close with the top 8 floors obscured.  

They thank me profusely and then did nothing.

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

My son has two, quality manufacture, nice looking, about 10 inches across / up, the specs are mid way between what's on Lazada site now and the photo attached to the OP, and they are powered by small solar cells, great for a picnic or whatever to fan a baby etc etc.

Son bought them maybe 3 to 4 years back from Lazada, his friends tried to buy more but they disappeared off the Lazada site. Maybe on Alibaba?

Just now, TonyClifton said:

You get the sugar dust cookie award! It's not exactly but close enough.  

What did you search for?

Often the case with Lazada and others here is that their translation into English mixed with the description means it pays to search on other variations of the term needed, so I tried cube instead of box. ????

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Often the case with Lazada and others here is that their translation into English mixed with the description means it pays to search on other variations of the term needed, so I tried cube instead of box. ????

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-fans/?q=cube+floor+fan&from=input

There are a few others.  I narrowed the search a bit.

Thank you.  

Now I will buy that, and attach the largest HEPA filter I can find to the rear of it.  Cheap HEPA with huge airflow.

Archived