January 14, 20197 yr Hi! Am just a tourist here, passing through -- been here for a few weeks. While in Pai over the weekend, I had an allergic reaction to something I ate and was afraid of a serious reaction, so went to the ER at the tiny hospital in Pai. They gave me a some intravenous antihistamine and steroid and I was good to go - but I was a bit worried about the cleanliness of the needles etc. I'm 90% sure I heard the nurse open up a new pack of needles, but they didn't seem to follow a lot standard procedures. Do I have any cause to be worried about HIV/other infectious diseases, or am I just being an overly cautious American tourist?
January 14, 20197 yr No need to worry, no second hand stuff ever used to my knowledge. Don't let any paranoia get the better of you. You'll be fine......
January 14, 20197 yr Popular Post OP what a load of nonsense you posted. Every government hospital users new needles every time, nurse takes them out of the sterile package, uses it, bins it. Your post is just scaremongering nothing else, why you trying to scare people?
January 15, 20197 yr No issue at all re needles and syringes. They are disposable and not reused. Reusable needles and syringes, which do require sterilization, have not been used in hospitals here for decades. Relax. Must say when I saw the title I thought it was about general cleanliness....which indeed is rather deficient in many govt hospitals here due to overcrowding (patients plus relatives, the latter often camped out full time in the hospital), lack of a/c and window screens and little budget for cleaning staff.
Create an account or sign in to comment