Which Way To Apply ?

I wonder if someone can help me please.

i am looking to apply for a visa to stay in thailand and after having read the countless entries on different types of visas...i am still unsure as to how to apply.

Here is my situation..

I will marry my Thai fiancee in October in Isaan.She lives there with her daughter and i reside in London.

She owns her own house,runs a small minimart and looks after her daughter and mother.She doesn't earn much but together we manage.

I work in London as a researcher and operate basically from a computer and telephone line.This means that i can work anywhere as long as there is a phone.

I earn about £2K per month,own no property and have been travelling back and forth to see them on a tourist visa for the last three years.

I am aware that there are Work visas,O visas and Dependant Visas and i just wanted to know what is the best way for me to apply in the future.

I can obviously support them,have no criminal record and since i am self employed can provide proof of income.

Please can someone advise me

IMHO The simplest route for you is to get a multi-entry non-o visa on the grounds of 'visiting friends and family', get it from the consulate in Hull. This visa will give you 90 days on each entry, with good timing you can remain in the kingdom for up to 15 months just doing a border crossing every 90 days.

Once you've married your lady you are then entitled to extend this visa for one year at a time by showing a joint income of 40,000 Baht per month (can be offshore).

If you work over the net and don't charge any local companies you can simply remain under the radar and not need a work permit (it's a somewhat grey area, I'm sure Sunbelt will give you the full lowdown).

Thank you for your reply.

Are the border runs straightforward enough ? no possible problems or nasty surprises ?

Also, when i get married and attempt to extend for one year do i have to provide tax receipts and / or bank statements showing my income.How thorough is this ?

I am self employed yet really work for one company and am paid by cheque each week.

I earn more like 134,000 baht each month.Is a statement showing regular entries enough ?

You will have to satisfy your Embassy and Immigration that you do indeed have a normal family income above 40k per month. There is no standard set method for income from outside Thailand, as there are so many possibilities, but if you have met Embassy requirements any paperwork that supports that letter amount would most likely be accepted by Immigration.