Video: Crazy driving at U-turn in Phitsanulok

webfact

Video: Crazy driving at U-turn in Phitsanulok

7pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Dash cam footage posted on Facebook showed yet more evidence of crazy Thai driving. 

This time a serious accident was narrowly averted. 

A Honda is shown in the left hand lane and the driver decides to pull across fast moving traffic to make a U-turn.

The driver gets it all wrong and causes an oncoming Toyota to have to veer onto the opposite side of the road. 

The Honda then continues on its merry way. 

Fortunately no one was hurt as the Toyota driver managed to maintain control and avoid a collision. 

The footage was posted on the site of "Too Bai Toei". It happened opposite the PTT gas station in Ban Krang of  the northern Thai province. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-21

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Fortunately no one was hurt as the Toyota driver managed to maintain control and avoid a collision. 

I see similar situations at least 3 times a day for the past 20 years, some of them not ending this well, but the Toyota driver was very lucky as he goes in the upcoming traffic lane.

This could have made it far worse than if he had hit the car blocking him.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

I see similar situations at least 3 times a day for the past 20 years, some of them not ending this well, but the Toyota driver was very lucky as he goes in the upcoming traffic lane.

Yes; he got away with it this time but they always swerve instead of braking straight, as we are taught to do and many times i have seen this lead to disaster for innocent people coming up on the other side.   Of course; when you build U Turns facing each other on 120 klick roads they are an accident waiting to happen !

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You’ve seen similar situations at Least 3 times a day for 20 years.

Now if I’ve told you once I’ve told you a million times, don’t exaggerate. ???? 

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Yes; he got away with it this time but they always swerve instead of braking straight, as we are taught to do and many times i have seen this lead to disaster for innocent people coming up on the other side.   Of course; when you build U Turns facing each other on 120 klick roads they are an accident waiting to happen !

Speed limit is 90 ! But a bump at 90 or 120 is similar. Ask HRH Philip! 

These U Turns are dangerous enough in a world where people are alert, aware and drive carefully with consideration towards others....

In Thailand; a place where many drivers have had no formal training, where they are blissfully unaware of the consequences of their stupidity and where the enforcement of those blatantly ignoring the law, common sense and the most basic of safety is pretty much absent, these U-Turns are all too often deadly... sadly innocents also get killed do the the shear stupidity of others. 

This is an example where the drivers of at least 3 vehicles were extremely lucky not to get hurt by the actions of one idiot. Unfortunately we all know too well that even though the car registration number 'should be visible' (on the original cam footage) and the Honda driver can be traced, nothing will be done because there was no accident... "Nothing happened so what's the problem" is the go to response when things like this are observed... Juvenile, mindless and ultimately deadly in the long term.... 

Archived