Help Please, Freaking Out

Hope someone can offer me sound avice, I am freaking out a bit here.

Firstly, I am a 40 year old Australian Citizen, married to a Thai girl, and I have lived in Thailand for almost three years -on a Thai marriage visa.

During the course of my latest visa we seperated and I know live with my Thai girlfriend, supporting her and her 2yr. old boy (who also happens to have been fathered by an Australian.)

My ex hates my guts, as it were, and I can not utilize her cooperation to get a new visa this year.

I wish to remain in Thailand and have a new family that depends on me and whom I love very much. The little boy (who calls me dad and for all intents and purposes is my son) adores me and has brought so much joy into my life. It is our intention to marry once I get a divorce.

I had a mate who was going to go into business with me and assist me with a work permit visa however, he seems to be dragging the chain to the point were it is freaking me out as my current visa expires on 6th June. Now I need to assertain what my options are to try and remain in this country. I currentl

y work in the region for an Australian company who would be willing to help me out to a point but cannot set up a representative office here or assist me with a work permit.

What are my options, hope you can assist, look forward to your reply(s)

I was in a similar situation a while back.

Do you have any thai kids by your first marraige.?

If you have, then take he/she along with you and get them to say that they live with you full time. This will get you a yearly visa extension.

Failing that I think you may be back to a 3 month visa until you can get divorced and married again.

I have been told that after a Thai divorce you are not permitted to remarry for 9 months. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks for your reply.

There are no kids.

What type of vias is the three month visa you refer to, a tourist visa?

Do I just get one at the airport on the way in or do I need to apply at an out of country consulate or embassy?

Would there be any hassles given my previous vias arrangements?

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your reply.

There are no kids.

What type of vias is the three month visa you refer to, a tourist visa?

Do I just get one at the airport on the way in or do I need to apply at an out of country consulate or embassy?

Would there be any hassles given my previous vias arrangements?

Thanks again for your help.

you will most likely have to leave thailand to get another visa . you won't be hassled by anyone concerning your previous visa/extension.

I have been told that after a Thai divorce you are not permitted to remarry for 9 months. Can anyone confirm this ?

i have not heard of a period of time required for waiting, only that your embassy needs to provide documentation you are "single".

I was in a similar situation a while back.

Do you have any thai kids by your first marraige.?

If you have, then take he/she along with you and get them to say that they live with you full time. This will get you a yearly visa extension.

Failing that I think you may be back to a 3 month visa until you can get divorced and married again.

There's no 9 month wait to remarry at Thai law. If both people agree, and there are no money arguments, or custody difficulties with children, you both need to go to the Amphur office with adequate ID and marriage papers. It is about the same as the original marriage. All over fast, then the divorce party. :o

i have not heard of a period of time required for waiting, only that your embassy needs to provide documentation you are "single".

There is a waiting period, but it is waived if you can convince the registrar that you are not pregnant.

There's no 9 month wait to remarry at Thai law. If both people agree, and there are no money arguments, or custody difficulties with children, you both need to go to the Amphur office with adequate ID and marriage papers. It is about the same as the original marriage. All over fast, then the divorce party. :o

Thanks, Doc

Just the ex-wife lying to me.......... AGAIN

There's no 9 month wait to remarry at Thai law. If both people agree, and there are no money arguments, or custody difficulties with children, you both  need to go to the Amphur office with adequate ID and marriage papers. It is about the same as the original marriage. All over fast, then the divorce party.  :o

Thanks, Doc

Just the ex-wife lying to me.......... AGAIN

Is that really AGAIN or might it be STILL :D You can always tell when your Ex is lying. Watch her mouth, and if it is moving, she's lying.