Student Furor Over Chula Prof’s Alleged Homophobic Comments

webfact

Student Furor Over Chula Prof’s Alleged Homophobic Comments

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

20545218_1392382567504637_59996271602004

Photo: Undergraduate Student Council of Faculty of Education / Facebook

BANGKOK — Outrage spread Monday at one of the nation’s top universities over a veteran professor’s conduct and comments toward transgender women.

Students have demanded that the university look into repeated homophobic comments about transgender women, known as khatoey, made by an assistant professor in the education department they allege also barred a student from his class.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/01/21/student-furor-over-chula-profs-alleged-homophobic-comments/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-21

The problem is the dinosaurs of the teaching profession hold the reins of power.

It's got nothing to do with ability, the longer you have served the better you are !!!

The younger generation in the teaching profession have to cow-down to elders like some king of subordinate, almost like a right of passage, I have many young teacher friends who wish they had never entered the profession. Life of a transgender teacher must be daily hell !!

there is still a prevalent culture of seniority and hierarchy in the Faculty of Education.

Would somebody kindly explain to these privileged youngsters that seniority and heirachy are natural bi-products of a free-market capitalist society.

And while they are about it, that equality of opportunity is no guarantee, in a healthily competitive society, of equality of outcome.

Higher education in the West  has become the preserve of the "progressive" left, busy filling children's heads with neo-Marxist nonsense.  With my daughter in her first year at uni, please don't tell me the same thing is happening here.

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

there is still a prevalent culture of seniority and hierarchy in the Faculty of Education.

Would somebody kindly explain to these privileged youngsters that seniority and heirachy are natural bi-products of a free-market capitalist society.

And while they are about it, that equality of opportunity is no guarantee, in a healthily competitive society, of equality of outcome.

Higher education in the West  has become the preserve of the "progressive" left, busy filling children's heads with neo-Marxist nonsense.  With my daughter in her first year at uni, please don't tell me the same thing is happening here.

Here it is fascist nonsense. 

Archived