Bangrak Begpacker

Nyezhov

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassed you ? Why is he your son or something,

if he's doing no harm to anyone,just pass bye,and think

"there but for the grace of God.............."

You know nothing about him or his story,so don"t judge.

regards Worgeordie

21 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

No but as a fellow farang I am entitled to be embarrassed by some dude with expensive backpacks begging on the streets. And thats what I did, snapped the pic, shook my head and moved on.....

Just now, Nyezhov said:

No but as a fellow farang I am entitled to be embarrassed by some dude with expensive backpacks begging on the streets. And thats what I did, snapped the pic, shook my head and moved on.....

Why did you have to snap a pic of him? For what purpose?

IMO that is a horrible thing to do to a young man down on his luck.

Real cheap move.

KP.

4 minutes ago, KhunProletariat said:

IMO that is a horrible thing to do to a young man down on his luck.

How do you know he is down on his luck?

Its called street photography. There were no toothless hookers today.

It's High Season - we have a rash of them in Chiang Mai as well near the Gate. I saw a few trying to sell beads there on Saturday. Seems funny when I use to Volunteer a long while back I would have to have a Work Permit and have IO's show up to my school checking me out. Seems Begpacking around the world is 'off the Thai Only work list' ...

3 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

It's High Season - we have a rash of them in Chiang Mai as well near the Gate. I saw a few trying to sell beads there on Saturday. Seems funny when I use to Volunteer a long while back I would have to have a Work Permit and have IO's show up to my school checking me out. Seems Begpacking around the world is 'off the Thai Only work list' ...

There was a hot Russian chick in the same place selling some drawings. She was filthy and if I wasnt already on an expedition, I would have invited her home for a shower.

Now of course, I wouldnt even think of it as I am on girl restriction till Feb 18

46 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Bet he was a lot younger than you having a bit of youthful stuff eh..????

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

There was a hot Russian chick in the same place selling some drawings. She was filthy and if I wasnt already on an expedition, I would have invited her home for a shower.

Now of course, I wouldnt even think of it as I am on girl restriction till Feb 18

Hospital results arrive....?   ????

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes, keep up the good work on the food side of things and your blood work will be fine - soon you will be able to nurture some nimble 'Russian Food' and all will be well within the world ????

Yet really, this time of year we get a rush of them in Chiang Mai. You are correct, most look filthy and need to get the lice out of there dreadlocks and at least, wash the elephant pants they wear once a week.

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

at least, wash the elephant pants they wear once a week.

is is acceptable for a guy to wear elephant pants if he wears them only inside his house? or Muay Thai shorts?

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Right on, Worgeordie.

You may be surprised that a young seemingly able-bodied person from a Western country chooses to beg on the streets of Bangkok rather than go to his country's embassy and get flown home. But embarassed?

Down on his luck ? Maybe ?

I guess he has a choice as to whether he stays here or leaves. Some of the locals do not have that choice and any contributions would be better served by helping them ( Organised beggers apart). Just my opinion.

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Farang entitlement? You've lost the plot pal.

How exactly does actions or decisions by some other person who you don't know, about THEIR OWN life reflect on you ? 

Are you one of those uppity farangs, who consider themselves so much superior to everyone else and how Thailand is lucky to have you gracing the streets of Bangkok?

34 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

But embarassed?

Well lets see, there is some farang bum sleeping as he bags whilst I, a busy farang, walk by. 

Whatever a farang does here reflects on all of us. 

3 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Are you one of those uppity farangs, who consider themselves so much superior to everyone else and how Thailand is lucky to have you gracing the streets of Bangkok?

No Im just one of those dudes who is ashamed when someone of my tribe acts like a dick. That extends ot my fellow Americans, farangs in general, etc.

And when home, and I am standing in the store and see some older dude acting like a whinger over a coupon and berating some poor schnook cashier, I feel embarassed too. 

Maybe because I beleive that folks should act properly. But hey, Im older, manners and form and propriety mean something

Points for honesty, if warranted, but begging is begging.

As a clergyman, I would honor a monk properly attired, but he is not.

At some point, one must decide if you are a Man as yourself, or merely a member of some Group, whether it be called Farang or something else. 

Other people can call you Farang.  The deciding point is when you identify as Farang; then you accept all of the negative connotations.  I believe Thai people understand this while foreigners do not.

Masculinity is about being strong and also sensitive.  If you are not aware of your surroundings, you might only be a brute.  This can be changed only by you.

When one travels abroad, one may leave one's tribe and become a nomad.  Who are you, anyways?

18 minutes ago, WyrldTraveler said:

At some point, one must decide if you are a Man as yourself, or merely a member of some Group, whether it be called Farang or something else. 

Other people can call you Farang.  The deciding point is when you identify as Farang; then you accept all of the negative connotations.  I believe Thai people understand this while foreigners do not.

Masculinity is about being strong and also sensitive.  If you are not aware of your surroundings, you might only be a brute.  This can be changed only by you.

When one travels abroad, one may leave one's tribe and become a nomad.  Who are you, anyways?

im sorry can you put that in English?

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No Im just one of those dudes who is ashamed when someone of my tribe acts like a dick. That extends ot my fellow Americans, farangs in general, etc.

And when home, and I am standing in the store and see some older dude acting like a whinger over a coupon and berating some poor schnook cashier, I feel embarassed too. 

Maybe because I beleive that folks should act properly. But hey, Im older, manners and form and propriety mean something

I'm with ya on this one. Maybe it is something from a long lost age, but I was always taught that when we are overseas we're all representing our country and should act appropriately.

No idea where this slob was from, but I'm with you on the general point

36 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's hard to read, but if my aging eyes are reading his cardboard sign correctly, he's lost his passport and needs money to go home.

Maybe figure out the passport first!

Well damn, unless he is from the Sanjak of Novii Pazaar, there are things called Embassys and Consulates in the area. Or the BIB would be happy to send him home ????

4 hours ago, WyrldTraveler said:

Indeed. I trust you are aware there are Asians ( I won't name the nationality ) who dress and pose as monks to obtain funds from gullible people?

Archived