Important News from Vientiane Royal Thai Embassy.

50 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Most people have been well and truly stitched, sad day for Thailand tourism, but they have all these clean friendly Chinese coming on free visas and have only very wealthy westerners retiring here,   would hate to put a guess on how many will be leaving.   well done TAT.   no Idea.  

People come people go ....

50 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I wonder if people will be able to withdraw and take back the 800k when they leave Thailand.....So many in the Udon area who are with a lady and family will now have to leave the country,  what the dickens are they playing at ??

You can take back that 800K anytime you like.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Absolute madness, they're killing the country slowly slowly, what a sad state it is compared to only a few years ago...... It's beginning to resemble an old folks home now.......

It's beginning to resemble an old folks home now.......

I guess the beautiful young women in I-bar will be trading in their young studs for old geezers..... 

Edited by fforest1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Vietnam HCM) is an excellent clean and efficient Airport just ensure you get your Visa approval inline before you arrive

Several countries in western Europe also currently get 15 days visa free entry to Vietnam.

16 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

I am not sure i read it that way i thought it said that walk in agents are not to happen but maybe agents can book online

It say's No walk applications OR Applications through agents. I would hazard a guess you will need to create a personal account with an email address to receive the booking. Need to wait until the 28th and there instruction link to go live. 

54 minutes ago, farangx said:

People come people go ....

You can take back that 800K anytime you like.

How may I ask ???   cash to airport   ??   transfer only if you have proof of transfer IN.   what is your idea then  

51 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

I just Did my NON -O multi at HCM Vietnam

Dropped off the documents just before 11:30 AM the day I landed and picked up at 1:30 PM following day 
No Ques there was only 2 of us there dropping off and 4 people picking up ...

It was the easiest and relaxing Visa Run I have ever done..

Flights  can be had for             return                    3500   THB

Vietnam VISA                           USD $25 + $6 =      977     THB       
Taxi Airport to District 1            VND 120,000 =        165     THB

Hotel rooms in District 1           THB 300-500/night

Total                                                                     5100 THB 

Could be done for a lot cheaper 

I have seen flights as low as  RTN           1800 THB

Rooms can be had in a dorm for             $3    USD

Bus from Airport to District 1                  5000 VND

Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Vietnam HCM) is an excellent clean and efficient Airport just ensure you get your Visa approval inline before you arrive

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/

or use an agent online for a small additional fee 
www.vietnamimmigration.org/fee-for-vietnam-visa

Applying for Thai NON -O Multi costs USD $200 = 6000  THB

No Need for Proof of funds 

All the staff at the Consulate spoke English and were genuinely helpful and ensured I had all the paperwork in order and correct supporting documents.

All round an excellent experience.

Sorry to ask,  but non 0 valid for  how long ??

Guest Jerry787

maybe will be good , as anytime need to code up in the queue , finally with the pre booking will be a quick in and quick out, only due the numbers per day guess pre booking will take few weeks head 

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where did you get that info from. I cannot find it on their website,

I did the same and I could not even locate the link to book an appointment or about this information.

Strange if they want to start a new system.

Most a the information is also in Thai even if you click ENGLISH.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Just read on another forum about how some people with a longer visit history are being grilled when stamping out at an airport

Not related to this consulate appt-system - but that happened to me leaving at Poipet years ago. 

The lawless/corrupt entry point personnel are no doubt angry that people are avoiding them by entering where honest IOs follow the law.  The solution, if that continues, is to both leave and return via Honest, Law-Abiding immigration-checkpoints.

27 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Years spent here just wasted I guess. I don't want to live in Cambodia, VN, or Philippines. I will go home thanks.

How was it wasted?  Would you rather have spent that time in your passport-country?  I thank God for every day I haven't spent in mine - Latin America, Cambodia, PI, Malaysia - all of it was better than there.  But then, I put living in the USA just above North Korea, Saudi Arabia, and similar. 

But, if life in your passport-country, in terms of "quality of life / cost" is not bad in your subjective experience, then I suppose it's OK.  Good luck, in any case.  But consider Latin America and the Caribbean, if you haven't yet - a whole other set of experiences.  They may not be your cup of tea, but might at least be interesting.

3 hours ago, Essecola said:

Another screw tightens. After the visa run companies start bombarding Savannakhet with applicants, that consulate will probably be the next one that changes it's policies and makes it hard for people to get a visa

Savannakhet already are much more strict on the requirements for Tourist Visas than Vientiane has ever been.  As far as we know, this is just a queue system.  Vientiane

@SupermarineS6B  @ginjag - This is just an appt-system - thus far, at least.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

God help us all.

So that'll be the death knell of a nice, easy, laid back, comfortable visa run then.

Not if you plan in advance, and make an appointment.  It might even be easier than before.

3 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Makes me wonder how long until Savannahket does this.????

When they need a large outdoor area just to cover the hundreds/day of applicants?  Depending on how this system works (or doesn't), that might happen.  I hope not, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever had a legal long stay visa? 

To be honest I understand some people who want to upsticks and move. It's the uncertainty of the changes that may or may not come about.

Obviously we only hear from those who are aware of Thaivisa and post on their experiences. The many who come and go without a problem or are very well heeled and living here are not really going to be inclined to post.

For myself I'm planning at the moment to change with only two visits or so a year because I ( we ) want a change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Essecola said:

Constant, constant, constant stress about visas. Tired of it. I rather just be at home. In the states. Anything is better than this nonstop visa worry. I dont need a visa to be at home

To be honest, there will be thousands same you, BUT all those 800k   65k a month types, will just sneer and say something like if you not have 65k  a month you should not be here skimping

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

They worked on the online 90 day reporting for years and years just to get it to work some times so I would not hold my breath with this online system...

I could build a functional appt-system in under a week or so for a single consulate.  Ideally, it would send an email confirmation out with a que-number and code that could be scanned by personnel right off the user's phone or printout as they walk up to the gate.  

28 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Most a the information is also in Thai even if you click ENGLISH.

Who knows what they are using for the language-switching.  It's really easy to do, in some frameworks. 

7 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

So this will be to check the history of the applicant on the central database first before the application ?

No indication that is the case, from what we know thus-far - or that a "central DB" is even in operation, other than to immigration-personnel.  This current system appears to be a single site set up to serve a single-consulate (I don't know that for sure).

And, when such a DB is eventually made available to consulates, the Consul might still be the one making the final call on what is acceptable or not.

• Like 1

I need to go Loasto get my Ed-visa. Now booking is not so much the problem, it's the fact that you can't book a bus ticket too far in advance as their computer booking system is so out of date. So most likely I will have an appointment but then no means for me to get to Nong Khai by bus as it is either already full or not available when I need to travel. If they think they are not upgrading themselves and making their service more streamlined, maybe they should also look at being able to process the visa in 1 day rather than 2 as they will know who you are and what visa you are applying for.