Ultrasonic Teeth Cleaning - Pattaya

Thomas J

I last had my 6 month dental check up done in Houston and the dentist had switched over to an Ultrasonic Scaler instead of the old scraping with tools.  It was wonderful.  Much more comfortable and it did a much better job of removing the plaque and tartar.  Does anyone know of a dentist here in Pattaya that uses an Ultrasonic Cleaner/Scaler? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 7:54 PM, Thomas J said:

I last had my 6 month dental check up done in Houston and the dentist had switched over to an Ultrasonic Scaler instead of the old scraping with tools.  It was wonderful.  Much more comfortable and it did a much better job of removing the plaque and tartar.  Does anyone know of a dentist here in Pattaya that uses an Ultrasonic Cleaner/Scaler?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ultrasonic+tooth+descaler&_sacat=0

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

He is not asking about a toothbrush - AFAIK most dentists use such scalers since they became available a decade or so ago, but will revert to manual for final clean as they can feel the surface better. 

Even longer than that in the UK.

Not found a dentist in Pattaya that uses one. Probably born out by the lack of replies to this thread. I use Khun Warin on Pattaya Klang, probably the most recommended dentist in Pattaya. No ultrasonic scaler.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Even longer than that in the UK.

Not found a dentist in Pattaya that uses one. Probably born out by the lack of replies to this thread. I use Khun Warin on Pattaya Klang, probably the most recommended dentist in Pattaya. No ultrasonic scaler.

http://www.pidcdental.com/  Found One.  Very good experience.  $800 to $1,000 baht for a cleaning. 

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

azada has personal untrasonic scalers for around 300 baht

Those are essentially tooth brushes.  Takes a professional unit that only dentist can operate to truly scale teeth during cleaning. Thanks I found a dentist. 

Surely these ultrasonic scaling devices used by dentists go back 20 years or more? My dentist in Europe was definitely using them then. All dentists I have used in the last 20 years combine the ultrasonic tools with the scraping tools, as neither technique is perfect for all types of plaque deposit.

14 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Surely these ultrasonic scaling devices used by dentists go back 20 years or more? My dentist in Europe was definitely using them then. All dentists I have used in the last 20 years combine the ultrasonic tools with the scraping tools, as neither technique is perfect for all types of plaque deposit.

Well in the USA they are just starting.  Also here in Pattaya I found only one dentist that was using ultrasonic tools for cleaning. 

Archived