For better or worse? Expats think Thailand is going down the pan, poll

webfact

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do think thats just the sort of people that you mix with .

Are you one of these Westerners that came to Thailand for prostitution and now think that all females are avaiable for hire , just because all the girl in bars that you frequent are avialble for a fee ?

ALL girls the world over are available for hire...some are just in position to demand a higher price! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I think that is is GOOD that they are arresting and Deporting major Visa over stayers and Criminals !!! ... I wish my own Home country, Australia could do the same !!! .... But well, Unfortunately the "Nanny Sate" Prevails and well, possibly like here before, ... Vested Interests are making money out of it.

There are quite a few factors that are clearly making Thailand a far less attractive proposition than it was; surely they are also beyond contention. But imo they exist globally.  It just seems that whatever changes are currently made, the average Joe is hit in the pocket, and life becomes progressively less fun.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

Just now, mommysboy said:

There quite a few factors that are clearly making Thailand a far less attractive proposition than it was; surely they are also beyond contention. But imo they exist globally.  It just seems that whatever changes are currently made, the average Joe is hit in the pocket, and life becomes progressively less fun.

Yes right on there Brother !!! and the Rich ...DO Just keep getting Richer !!!! ...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, faraday said:

I think a few people on here don't actually live in Thailand - realised this last January.

They come swaggering on here trying to put everyone right, & just look a bit pathetic.

You realised this last January - yet you have been a member since January 2014.

What took you so long??

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

ALL girls the world over are available for hire...some are just in position to demand a higher price! :thumbsup:

Of course that HAS to be true since you said it right? It's actually far far far from the truth. Just another guy who disrespects women. There are plenty of you on this board as well as Thai haters. 

Why is there so little respect for others here? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I can answer your question. 

Thais must earn respect, and generally they DO NOT treat foreigners with the same respect they offer each other. If you cant acknowledge this, even in the face of pervasive and overwhelming evidence, then I must assume you have an agenda that is purely focused on truth.  

As for women, if you cant acknowledge what thousands of years of history tells us - - that women, from cultures all over the world, have generally sought financial and physical security from men - - then, I would suggest you really think more deeply about it. 

Firstly you couldn't answer my question but thanks for the attempt.

While in general people do need to "earn" respect YOU have to earn it also from the Thais. Your statements show you think they aren't worthy of respect. So Sad.

In regards to women, they have been treated 2nd class most of history that is true thus had to seek (or better worded were forced to seek) financial and physical security from men. Many couldn't vote until a number of decades ago in "civilized" countries. Today in places like Saudi-land they have to ask permission to even leave the house. BUT, things are changing my friend.

I suggest you think more deeply about it and treat all humans like they are equals. I guarantee if you change that aspect of your life and personality it'll go a long way to making your life happier. You might even have Thai friends one day. Thanks!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

Firstly you couldn't answer my question but thanks for the attempt.

While in general people do need to "earn" respect YOU have to earn it also from the Thais. Your statements show you think they aren't worthy of respect. So Sad.

In regards to women, they have been treated 2nd class most of history that is true thus had to seek (or better worded were forced to seek) financial and physical security from men. Many couldn't vote until a number of decades ago in "civilized" countries. Today in places like Saudi-land they have to ask permission to even leave the house. BUT, things are changing my friend.

I suggest you think more deeply about it and treat all humans like they are equals. I guarantee if you change that aspect of your life and personality it'll go a long way to making your life happier. You might even have Thai friends one day. Thanks!! 

Sad. Delusional, the whole post is based on one misunderstanding after another.

Still, we all learn from our mistakes (except Thais who never make any).

I was particularly impressed by this piece of nonsense: "I guarantee if you change that aspect of your life and personality it'll go a long way to making your life happier. You might even have Thai friends one day. Thanks!!"

Truly excellent piece of respect for someone else's views.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Other people might be your equals, but they aren't my equal.

You are right. To be equal you have to be equivalent to another. Maybe they aren't your "equals" in your mind as you may be beneath them with your mindset. Think about it for a while, consider life in it's entirety and be a better and more respectful human being. Everyone is created equally.

7 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Dunno. Maybe because some folk keep calling other folk 'Thai-haters', without any evidence that it's even true. Ahh today is the time of the buzz-word. Why learn anything when you can be politically correct instead and fool some of the people all of the time?

That way people will think you know lots and lots and you never need to work for it. Great idea.

Many people's words show they do indeed hate and disrespect Thais and their culture. One day (maybe already) Big Joke will be monitoring these boards and root out the haters and they will be dismissed from the country. We can only hope.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

You are right. To be equal you have to be equivalent to another. Maybe they aren't your "equals" in your mind as you may be beneath them with your mindset. Think about it for a while, consider life in it's entirety and be a better and more respectful human being. Everyone is created equally.

Oh God. Mahatma Ghandi lives on. Terrific.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Sad. Delusional, the whole post is based on one misunderstanding after another.

Still, we all learn from our mistakes (except Thais who never make any).

I was particularly impressed by this piece of nonsense: "I guarantee if you change that aspect of your life and personality it'll go a long way to making your life happier. You might even have Thai friends one day. Thanks!!"

Truly excellent piece of respect for someone else's views. 

"Truly excellent piece of respect for someone else's views."

Thank you Wit. Much appreciated! 

1 minute ago, HuskerDo said:

Many people's words show they do indeed hate and disrespect Thais and their culture. One day (maybe already) Big Joke will be monitoring these boards and root out the haters and they will be dismissed from the country. We can only hope.  

Oh, so your verdict is based upon interpretation rather than paying attention? How old are you son? 12? 13?

• Like 1

Just now, HuskerDo said:

Great man!!

You need to read more, friend. And try to get out more among real people.

Try to escape the delusions in your mind, they're making you look foolish.

Over and out, I have better things to do than reply to nonsense posts.

1 minute ago, HalfLight said:

You need to read more, friend. And try to get out more among real people.

Try to escape the delusions in your mind, they're making you look foolish.

Over and out, I have better things to do than reply to nonsense posts.

Ok, thanks for your input. Have a great day Wit.

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Of course that HAS to be true since you said it right? It's actually far far far from the truth. Just another guy who disrespects women. There are plenty of you on this board as well as Thai haters. 

Why is there so little respect for others here? 

Sorry the truth upsets your sensitivities. Meant no disrespect, so will rephrase. Everyone has a price...just especially true for females. :vampire:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

You seem to be living in a parallel universe, friend. Some domain where reality is much softer than in the real world..

4 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Oh, so your verdict is based upon interpretation rather than paying attention? How old are you son? 12? 13?

Ahhh, well yes. I'm 12 and also 13 and also 14 because I've reached those ages and beyond.

I pay attention. No issues there sir. :-) 

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Sorry the truth upsets your sensitivities. Meant no disrespect, so will rephrase. Everyone has a price...just especially true for females. :vampire:

True for everyone and everything. Human nature, principles are for sale everywhere and in everyone.

2 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Ahhh, well yes. I'm 12 and also 13 and also 14 because I've reached those ages and beyond.

I pay attention. No issues there sir. ???? 

It seems there might be, but no matter, growing up comes to all. Eventually.