Prayut's upcountry tour to go ahead

snoop1130

Prayut's upcountry tour to go ahead

By Nattapat Promkaew 
The Nation

ce0c0f73864d7d5fc237bf04c882b53c.jpeg

File photo : Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha//Vorawit Pumpuang

Despite being called on by some political parties to refrain from making an upcountry tour ahead of the national poll, the premier will visit Saraburi province next week.

During the one-day visit on January 28, General Prayut Chan-o-cha will witness the handing over of state-owned Sor Por Kor land to people in need.

Some political parties have suggested Prayut should cancel his upcoming trip as they regard the visits as campaigning for himself and the parties that support him. 

Prayut, who led a coup d’etat about five years ago, has kept mum on his political future and whether he would remain in politics.

The Palang Pracharat Party has publicly announced its support for Prayut to be the next prime minister. 

Four ministers in the Prayut government, who have been executive members of the party, declined to resign from their positions, drawing strong criticism from the public and other parties.

On January 28, Prayut’s first stop is scheduled to be Pu Kae Botany Garden which is the first of its kind in the country in Chalerm Prakiat district. The garden is under the government’s Pracharat forest park project that will be used for education and recreation purposes.

Ten farmers will receive the Sor Por Kor lands.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30362937

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-25

4 hours ago, humbug said:

the so called 'Aryan' cultures with their languages, religions and subservient cultures have been the huge influence over this land for 2000 years. I say this, if anyone was able to read the more honest accounts of the years leading up to the 1979 Iranian revolution the parallels are uncanny. Arogant elite system with a hugely corrupt/business oriented millitary and beauracracy protected by the self-entitled middle class, looking down on the glass ceiling where the 10's of millions of subservient just live their lives in perpetual servitude. It can take years from now to build anger from a passive mood but seeming as we are not far off another huge financial crisis then those trigger points in the human psyche will just snowball onto the streets.

Fingers crossed then... it's a touch overdue already.

12 hours ago, JAG said:

Oh, it will all end in tears Eligius. Undoubtably not as quickly as you (and many wish) but it will. As well as, probably, a midnight dash to the airport. For those that don't make it to the airport, it could be very messy... 

Seems like an awful lot of people here want to see violence, it just won't happen. I can still remember the people talking about the violence that would happen when the king died. Guess what they were wrong.

As for Payut campaigning, its wrong of course but the only people it angers is those who are trying to get first in line at the feeding through themselves. The ordinary people don't seem to mind. They just don't care. 

Maybe if they had a honest government that worked for them in power and it got taken away instead of a bunch of crooks then there would be anger. I think most Thais see politics for what it is.. rich elite on both sides jockeying to steal money from the government.  The foreigners seem to view it as good vs evil (i cant blame them I once thought the same but now see its all evil)

1 hour ago, robblok said:

(i cant blame them I once thought the same but now see its all evil)

A fairly youthful view. Its isn't evil if you are benefitting. The conflict between good and evil can easily be shown to be a relative argument and it applies at all kinds of levels. Nothing is all evil and nothing is all good, but they can both appear to be either if you look at them with tunnel vision or from a partisan viewpoint. Like cheating at golf.

Ah the joys of growing up - all those discoveries to be made anew for the first time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

A fairly youthful view. Its isn't evil if you are benefitting. The conflict between good and evil can easily be shown to be a relative argument and it applies at all kinds of levels. Nothing is all evil and nothing is all good, but they can both appear to be either if you look at them with tunnel vision or from a partisan viewpoint. Like cheating at golf.

Ah the joys of growing up - all those discoveries to be made anew for the first time.

Of course its evil morally speaking, you have to look at things from a non bias view. If someone is corrupt and breaking the law its evil for the country even if you benefit. If you base evil on benefits then Hitler was not evil because some people benefited. However if you look at it from afar we know better. 

Nothing to do with growing up, just with living in Thailand for a longer time. Before when I thought the junta was good was because of how corrupt the Shins were (i just happen to arrive in Thailand during the reign of the Shins and saw their lying, corruption, arrogance and all other law breaking things, not being used to such a thing I though the junta would clean it up i soon saw they were just more of the same)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course its evil morally speaking, you have to look at things from a non bias view. If someone is corrupt and breaking the law its evil for the country even if you benefit. If you base evil on benefits then Hitler was not evil because some people benefited. However if you look at it from afar we know better. 

Nothing to do with growing up, just with living in Thailand for a longer time. Before when I thought the junta was good was because of how corrupt the Shins were (i just happen to arrive in Thailand during the reign of the Shins and saw their lying, corruption, arrogance and all other law breaking things, not being used to such a thing I though the junta would clean it up i soon saw they were just more of the same)

No, you're wrong but I can't be bothered to explain why, I shouldn't need to, and it has nothing to do with the time spent living in Thailand, it has everything to do with personal worth and development - in my estimation.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

No, you're wrong but I can't be bothered to explain why, I shouldn't need to, and it has nothing to do with the time spent living in Thailand, it has everything to do with personal worth and development - in my estimation.

You mean you think know and try to look smart while your anything but. Have fun.

37 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Yes mate, keep it vague & mysterious, that way nobody will unnerstan' & fink you be smart.

????

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

You mean you think know and try to look smart while your anything but. Have fun.

No, I mean I've actually bothered to learn about the problem of evil, and you appear not to have done.

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes mate, keep it vague & mysterious, that way nobody will unnerstan' & fink you be smart.

????

Nothing to do with keeping anything vague and mysterious, or with appearing smart, it's a complex subject that needs to be learned and it isn't my job to teach it.

Rob is a (imho) strange character with (imho) dubious values and he evidently doesn't know wherof he speaks. I do. Should I not try to help him? Perhaps not bothering would be better...

And I'm not your mate.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

No, I mean I've actually studied it (at Uni), and while I may not know all about it, I certainly moved past pre-pubescent insights a while back.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems like an awful lot of people here want to see violence, it just won't happen. I can still remember the people talking about the violence that would happen when the king died. Guess what they were wrong.

I emphatically don't want to see violence. but I think it is becoming more and more likely. I've said before, there will be a catalyst which will cause a reaction. What it will be, I don't know. It wasn't the coup, the prosecution of Yingluck, nor last years events. Probably because the first two were carried out or managed without having to resort to violence, although the threat was in the background. Last years sad event was never, I believed, likely to lead to violence, the grandstanding by the junta was largely ignored by the population, who had their own way of mourning, although the somewhat bizarre finale is, I suspect, an unauspicious foretaste of what may develop. However, sooner or later violence will be used, if not by the current regime then by those waiting in the wings, who will, I am sure, most emphatically will not allow democratic rule to be (re)established. That violence could well be the catalyst.

Once again, I don't want to see violence. I fear it is inevitable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Everything he does, everything he doesn't do. Everything he says, everything he doesn't say. I think the problem is with the guy's face. He doesn't have an honest face, people always think he's on the make - and I agree with them.

From a westerner's viewpoint, the bling's gotta go. the gold-rimmed glasses gotta go, the smarmy smile, the insincere look. It's not all his fault but much of it is, the guy's just a chancer and people read that in his facial and body language, before even considering his patronising and demeaning manner (typified by throwing banana skins at people).

From an outisider's view, I would say that the Friday night homiles have been disastrous for him in his quest to appear to be all 'Honest John' and trustworthy, he just comes across as being better suited for selling 2nd-hand cars than being an honest politician. Shake hands with him, then count your fingers, he generates that kind of reaction.

In the above picture for example, what he is trying to convey is a sincere smile, what he actually conveys is a leer, the facial language is all wrong for anyone with an IQ higher than a rock. The guy to his right has the right idea 'Oh God, a camera. Now he's going to smile. Time to go back home, we're buggered here already'.

That, HalfLight, has to go in the posts of the week draw. I thought that I was a reasonably close observer of Prayuth but some of your metaphors and opinions are priceless. Bloody brilliant.

• Thanks 1