Brit who put ganja in his Tom Yum arrested on overstay in Samui

rooster59

Brit who put ganja in his Tom Yum arrested on overstay in Samui

aW1hZ2UvMjAxOS0wMS81NmY1OTUxOTNjYzc0ZTU5MjEzYTc5ZDJiZWE1NTBhNS5qcGc=.jpg

The British man who was pictured grinning after being arrested by Koh Samui police for putting ganja in his Tom Yum is not smiling anymore. 

Gary Coughlan, 58, who has run businesses in Thailand for more than two decades, has been arrested for not renewing his visa. He was on a six day overstay and is now in the custody of the Bo Phut police. 

Coughlan was swooped on by a large contingent of cops on Thursday as he drove to the Aloha Resort Hotel in Maret sub-district of Koh Samui. He was staying there after failing to return to his house and failing to renew his long term visa. 

Cops asked to see his passport and he could not produce it. Checks revealed that he had entered Thailand on a 90 day temporary visa that he had later changed to a long term visa.

But this had expired on the 18th. 

Thai media reported that earlier in January the local court had fined Coughlan 5,000 baht for taking drugs. He had been stopped at a checkpoint and admitted to sprinkling ganga in his Tom Yum to help him sleep.

A urine test had nailed him. 

Thai media also reported that a neighbor had reported him to police on the holiday island just after New Year for fleeing the scene of an accident. The Thai neighbor also claimed that Coughlan had threatened to kill him. 

It is not known what action, if any, was taken in relation to those matters. 

Coughlan is now in the hands of the Bo Phut police after his arrest on overstay. 

Meanwhile Thaivisa reports that Coughlan posted the following (slightly edited) on his Facebook page on January 11th:

"Tom, you best get a blood test you stupid fat kid, you are not my REAL SON understand fatty ???
I have known about this all your life but never told you, unfortunately because you chose to rob me, threaten me and bring complete f**king pieces of sh*t to MY property.
WE ARE MASONS F*CK WITH ANY OF US AND YOU DISAPPEAR".

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-26

Looks like Gary must have had some of his ganja spiked tom yum before he got arrested...all smiles! 

Don't worry, be happy!!! ????

48 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

Looks like Gary must have had some of his ganja spiked tom yum before he got arrested...all smiles! 

Don't worry, be happy!!! ????

The  police second from left is doing all he can to avoid smiling. :laugh:

He was arrested and charged on the 16th.

His (Extension I assume) was due on the 18th.

He gets arrested again on the 24th - for being on overstay. 

He, and the police, must have known his Extension was due 2 days after he was arrested the first time. Who knows why he didn't do it. Probably not hard to figure out.

Meanwhile - as he was arrested (outside of an international airport) while on overstay of less than a year - he will face a 5 year blacklist ban.

Some people really make you shake your head. I wonder what his TV member name is ?

Weird guy , but after 20 years in Thailand I am sure he will find a way back in , if he gets 5 years on the black list. Just change his name and passport first back in the UK. 

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I thought that too but I've never heard it used like this or even someone bragging about it.

In the U.K. it is often referred to as Mason, or Left Handed Brickie, or the Secret Handshake Brigade, but the serious ones never brag about it, especially on social media. This guy is just a total plonker.

a lot of things points too much more than some pot in his Tom Yung Goon.......me thinks he has been hitting the meth pipe a bit.........talking in public about Masons, berating his son as not his   -  to what end??  I see someone that has been in LOS too long making a lot of money  -  Okay, I don't know the real story behind this man, but this is how I see it.   Lived in Pattaya  off and on for too many years and seen too many people go down  the drain after riding the Horse, or the Pony.  Tops of the hill one day and down in the ditch the next.

On 1/26/2019 at 4:13 PM, Chivas said:

Lock him up and throw away the key. Drug user. On an aside why has he painted himself with a wide brush. Looks filthy and dirty

I don't think you, in particular, should be throwing stones.

i've never met anyone who rambled about Masons to be normal, or close-to-normal, and i would always run from that nutcase.  Of course, this guy might have sent that under the influence and certainly there is hope.  right now, 5k fine, overstay.....if that's it, he can rebound if he wants.

maybe smoking pot isn't bad for you, but definitely not for everyone.  probably not for most, especially if an ex-pat in Thailand.  i don't get drinking and smoking to forget problems.....are we that weak of a species?  lol

Archived