How to find Full-Time Domestic Helper (Maid)?

Charlie GV

We moved to a small village about a year ago and it's clear we're in need of a full-time Domestic Helper (Maid). 

The challenge is that we live near Nong Nooch (about 20km South of Pattaya) and have difficulties to find a full-time helper.

We prefer to have the helper stay out, but would consider stay-in also if that's the only way to have a full-time helper here.

Also, the helper needs to be very comfortable with pets, we have 4 dogs and 3 cats (all lovely and not aggressive). We don't have kids or any other people staying with us.

Any advice / tips how we can find such person?

Thanks! 

You are very close to Bang Saray where I suspect there are many women who might be interested in this. That could also include some women with farang husbands. There is a fairly large expat community there and it's a small place, so word of mouth ought to produce something.

But I'm not clear exactly how much time you want this person to spend at your house. Is it (for example) 4-5 hours a day 7 days a week, or 8 hours a day for 4-5 days. Also at what times of day?

As far as I know live-in maids tend to come from other nearby countries or the poorer areas of Thailand.

Archived