67 arrested in road racing crackdown in Bangkok

rooster59

67 arrested in road racing crackdown in Bangkok

By The Nation

562000000927001.JPEG

Bangkok police arrested 67 motorcyclists on Friday night after they were found riding illegally modified motorcycles for road racing.

In the weekly crackdown on road racing, police set up checkpoints on major roads in the jurisdiction of Metropolitan Police Division 4 and made the arrests.

The results of the weekly operation was announced by Metropolitan Police Division 4 commander Pol Maj Gen Thirapong Wongratpithak and Traffic Police Division commander Pol Maj Gen Nithithorn Jintakanon at a press conference held at 1am on Saturday at the Seacon Square shopping mall on Srinakharin Road.

Nithithorn said 81 motorcycles were seized and 27 riders under 18 and 40 adults were arrested.

Nithithorn added that police also checked 21 motorcycle spare parts shops on Friday and seized 33 exhaust pipes that were designed to make louder noises than the legal limit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362972

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-25

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Good, now confiscate the bikes and crush them. And please do these 'crackdowns' in the whole country.

And please do the same with all cars with drivers who don't follow the laws.

I.e. crush all the cars of all the people who use their mobile phone while driving.

It seems the police is always happy to show how much they do if they go for easy targets like teenage motorcycle racers. The illegal teenage car drivers, with rich parents who buy them the cars, are often ignored.

I am not sure what is worse: The police who look for easy targets and ignore all the other people who ignore the laws, or people who insist the police crush the bikes but at the same time they would never demand the police do the same with (expensive) cars.

Double standards, not just in the police.

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

or people who insist the police crush the bikes but at the same time they would never demand the police do the same with (expensive) cars.

Who are those people? Never seen anyone posting those demands. The thing is these idiots on bikes with modified exhaust systems (they actually belive the the bike will go faster, lol) are a nuisance and disturbs a lot of people. I'm actually surprised that nobody have taken any serious actions against this misbehaviour.

I think a more sensible idea would be to impound the bike for a month first time and extend it by a further month every subsequent offence.

I just had a flashback of half a century to my youth, Mini with rear silencer removed and a length of copper pipe substituted, wheels reversed on the hubs, SU intake tube, must be chromed, and find a cobbled road in the wet to do handbrake turns.

I defy anyone to say they have never done stupid acts, luckily we survived to tell the tale.

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

I think a more sensible idea would be to impound the bike for a month first time and extend it by a further month every subsequent offence.

I just had a flashback of half a century to my youth, Mini with rear silencer removed and a length of copper pipe substituted, wheels reversed on the hubs, SU intake tube, must be chromed, and find a cobbled road in the wet to do handbrake turns.

I defy anyone to say they have never done stupid acts, luckily we survived to tell the tale.

I like your comment and I agree many of us did something to our cars and bike to make them faster - or at least louder. It seems at some stage in life that is what we do ????

Personally I still ride a bike, now with a standard exhaust, and I see so many bad drivers in cars to concentrate more on their phones than on the street. These are the drivers which come to my mind who complain about racers because they don't follow the laws...

Archived