Is it mandatory to have return ticket for ed visa to enter thailand

9 minutes ago, Wazzzzzz said:

Thank you for replying so airline also doesn't need return ticket for boarding ?

You have a visa. The airline will be fine. Also immigration also. The onward flight is necessary for wishing to enter visa exempt. Last week I few in to los from Saigon. The airline person issuing boarding pass flicking through my pp. I asked her if she was looking for my visa to Thailand. She replied yes, without one we cannot issue boarding pass. AirAsia btw

@Wazzzzzz Be sure and have 20K Baht worth of Cash or Travelers Checks to show - any exchangeable-currency is OK - but not plastic or "bank statement on your phone," etc.

Also, have your school paperwork in your carry-on luggage - ready to show immigration if asked.  You should have the ph# of a school official who can be called to verify your enrollment, if needed.

Unless you have a longer-stay history in Thailand, you are unlikely to be asked for these, but better to be ready than not.

9 hours ago, JackThompson said:

@Wazzzzzz Be sure and have 20K Baht worth of Cash or Travelers Checks to show - any exchangeable-currency is OK - but not plastic or "bank statement on your phone," etc.

Also, have your school paperwork in your carry-on luggage - ready to show immigration if asked.  You should have the ph# of a school official who can be called to verify your enrollment, if needed.

Unless you have a longer-stay history in Thailand, you are unlikely to be asked for these, but better to be ready than not.

So you saying I shall be sure about return ticket ?or only other things which you mention in same post

7 hours ago, Wazzzzzz said:

So you saying I shall be sure about return ticket ?or only other things which you mention in same post

A return or onward ticket is not required if you have a valid visa for entry. 

Since it is apparently your first entry using a non-ed visa you should have no problem.

Most of the reported problems on entry were for those on a multiple entry non-ed visa or a re-entry permit for an extension after being out of the country for a significant period of time.

• Like 1