Cities with the dirtiest air

HuskerDo

Your link is not clickable , to make it clickable you have to  insert it as a link using the link icon on top of the reply window.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/cities-with-the-dirtiest-air-in-the-world/ss-BBSBB4u?ocid=spartanntp#image=26

I am surprised Beijing is not in the list 

image.png.bbe52daa2231d590f34f9edd0e945a99.png

source: https://www.numbeo.com/pollution/rankings.jsp

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Your link is not clickable , to make it clickable you have to  insert it as a link using the link icon on top of the reply window.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/cities-with-the-dirtiest-air-in-the-world/ss-BBSBB4u?ocid=spartanntp#image=26

image.png.bbe52daa2231d590f34f9edd0e945a99.png

source: https://www.numbeo.com/pollution/rankings.jsp

I agree. Beijing would have been a candidate for sure but it's possible these other cities are just far far worse. If only they took stats during burning season in Thailand. :-)  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am surprised you didn't see Beijing on the list, and surprised you said Beijing isn't on the list but really is on the list, and surprised Beijing is on the list.

don't worry everyone, Beijing is on the list!!  lol.

I'm surprised Saigon isn't on the list.   (this is a joke, someone might get it).  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, puukao said:

I am surprised you didn't see Beijing on the list, and surprised you said Beijing isn't on the list but really is on the list, and surprised Beijing is on the list.

I'm surprised Saigon isn't on the list.   (this is a joke, someone might get it).  

Saigon is on the list. They just forgot to list it. :-)

9 minutes ago, puukao said:

This is a list I posted, the OP list has Ali Sabah Al-Salem, Kuwait as #24 

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

#24 in the OP list is Ali Sabah Al-Salem, Kuwait

You are correct if the list is behind the link rather than the one in post #2. I made the assumption (I know, I know) that you'd posted what was behind the OP's link.

Either way Bangkok doesn't figure on either list, which really goes to show just how unreliable these things really are.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You are correct if the list is behind the link rather than the one in post #2. I made the assumption (I know, I know) that you'd posted what was behind the OP's link.

Either way Bangkok doesn't figure on either list, which really goes to show just how unreliable these things really are.

Maybe kind of like seeing a list of "the best restaurants" in town only to be disappointed after you eat there. I'm not sure where the list originated from but if it's like a restaurant review list it's a personal preference.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Bangkok is #73 in the list based on the link at the end of post #2. Chiang Mai is 3 places higher at #70. But the award for Thailand goes to Pattaya at #34.

Interestingly Rayong doesn't feature anywhere on this list, despite the various pronouncements made on the Eastern Thailand forum by a few prophets of doom and gloom about alleged poor local air quality on account of the Maptaput Industrial Estate. But, there again, maybe it was never included in the survey in the first place??

Edited by OJAS

The smog in Thai cities tends to be seasonal. So some parts of the year the air is way better than the smoggiest cities in the world while other parts of the year the air in Thai cities can be the #1 smoggiest on earth. The AQI can shoot up over 200, 300, or even 400 but averaged over a year it's well under 100. So it's better to consider highs and lows because you don't breath average air.

3 hours ago, ThaiSauce said:

Hard to believe that pattaya is above Mexico city, Jakarta, among others, weird. Also Chiang Mai above Bangkok, I don't get it.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's not based on empirical data, rather, as their website states "Most of our data are based on perceptions (opinions) from visitors of this website."

So it's what visitors or residents feel, not what has been scientifically measured.

Edited by Stocky