Boris Johnson tells UK's May: Ditch the Irish backstop and get support

webfact

27 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Nowhere does it say the UK signed a “nice” trade deal with China. 

We (the UK) are not allowed to sign deals due to the EU Bureaucracy. Until we leave. Another great reason to leave.

But China are open and looking forward to doing deals once we leave the EU.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/brexit-deal-latest-china-britain-top-notch-free-trade-european-union-a8508006.html

https://www.ft.com/content/91d125d6-93c8-11e8-b67b-b8205561c3fe

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Nowhere does it say the UK signed a “nice” trade deal with China. 

BT has become the first international company to secure a licence to sell its services directly to Chinese customers, representing a potential thawing of relations between the UK and China.

BT are in UK which is nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We (the UK) are not allowed to sign deals due to the EU Bureaucracy. Until we leave.

I know. Thus I’m surprised a Brexiteer here celebrating a “nice” trade deal between the UK and China. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

BT has become the first international company to secure a licence to sell its services directly to Chinese customers, representing a potential thawing of relations between the UK and China.

BT are in UK which is nice.

So the UK did not strike a “nice” trade deal with China unlike you claimed before. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I know. Thus I’m surprised a Brexiteer here celebrating a “nice” trade deal between the UK and China. 

So the UK did not strike a “nice” trade deal with China unlike you claimed before. 

Why did the UK allow BT to make the deal then when they operate from London.

EU will collapse they can't agree on anything. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Brexiteers here seems very confident. 

A positive approach. 

If fortuitously it won't be always the way they expect it will be, they can always blame the E. U. for it. 

Edited by luckyluke

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Oh yes! Very open....under conditions!

"Britain may have damaged its chances of securing a post-Brexit free trade deal with China after a Royal Navy warship sailed close to disputed islands in the South China Sea, a major Chinese state-run newspaper has warned."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-brexit-trade-deal-royal-navy-warship-challenge-south-sea-islands-hms-albion-a8527086.html

Welcome to the reality of an "independent" UK! ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samran said:

Another person who thinks China will give you anywhere near the same access and safeguards that you currently get with the EU.

Where did I say that the UK would get same access and safeguards as the EU. You are making things up to suit your own agenda. I await your reply or an apology.:coffee1:

I

6 hours ago, samran said:

I clearly said this above. You either can't read or make things up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Where did I say that the UK would get same access and safeguards as the EU. You are making things up to suit your own agenda. I await your reply or an apology.:coffee1:

I

I clearly said this above. You either can't read or make things up.

Not going to apologize for anything. 

You quoted an article where they referenced ‘top notch’ FTAs which implies something. 

I’ll just leave you in la-la land believing all the hype around ‘free’ trade deals, and you’ll soon find that FTA’s most are in reality sub optimal, 4th rate agreements barely worth the paper they are written on, particularly with countries like China who simply go about giving with one hand through the FTA and taking with another. 

Just now, samran said:

Not going to apologize for anything. 

You quoted an article where they referenced ‘top notch’ FTAs which implies something. 

I’ll just leave you in la-la land believing all the hype around ‘free’ trade deals, and you’ll soon find that FTA’s most are in reality sub optimal, 4th rate agreements barely worth the paper they are written on, particularly with countries like China who simply go about giving with one hand through the FTA and taking with another. 

So your not man enough when you make a mistake. Says a lot. Implying and saying are two completely different things.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So your not man enough when you make a mistake. Says a lot. Implying and saying are two completely different things.

I’m perfectly happy with my testosterone count, but thanks anyway. 

Are you going propose a duel at 12 paces now?

Simply giving you a friendly reminder what you are in for. It ain’t beer and skittles for sure. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Brexiteers here seems very confident. 

A positive approach. 

If fortuitously it won't be always the way they expect it will be, they can always blame the E. U. for it. 

Also don't forget the undemocratic traitorous remainers.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I like Boris, hes like a Boxer Puppy i had years ago. Bounced about and totally untrainable. All ive learned about your Brexit is that only Nigel Do Da or whatever his name is talks true. They want you stay in to milk you only.

Know what you mean about Boris ???? - but he's only using his natural talent at being very 'likable' to further his own interests.

He's extremely untrustworthy IMO, as made even more clear by this thread headline where he's now saying that only the backstop is a problem with the eu/May agreement!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:49 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes bring it on. Better to be independent than slaves don't you think.

Nice try by not quoting the rest of my post. What do you think of the "open" attitude of China threatening UK about future trade negotiations?

3 hours ago, candide said:

Nice try by not quoting the rest of my post. What do you think of the "open" attitude of China threatening UK about future trade negotiations?

I think response you’ll get is fingers in ears screaming ‘la la la la la, blue passports’ ad nauseum. 

Mind you, even if you do get an FTA with the Chinese, like the Australians did, they can still stuff around with you if they don’t like what you are saying.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/pressure-on-turnbull-as-china-puts-a-cork-in-wine-exports-20180605-p4zjns.html

It’s enough to make a Brussels bureaucract seem all soft and cuddly by comparison...

Edited by samran

On 1/31/2019 at 12:27 PM, dick dasterdly said:

Know what you mean about Boris ???? - but he's only using his natural talent at being very 'likable' to further his own interests.

He's extremely untrustworthy IMO, as made even more clear by this thread headline where he's now saying that only the backstop is a problem with the eu/May agreement!

During the period of the 2010 election I answered the door to find Boris standing on the door step, resplendent in blue ribbons and cheerily asking if we were going to vote for him.

Disarmed by his hail-fellow-well-met disposition I regret to report, I lapsed and prevented the dog from biting him.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

During the period of the 2010 election I answered the door to find Boris standing on the door step, resplendent in blue ribbons and cheerily asking if we were going to vote for him.

Disarmed by his hail-fellow-well-met disposition I regret to report, I lapsed and prevented the dog from biting him.

Did he now?

As an MP or prospective MP he ought to understand that voting is secret in UK and not a public act.

• Confused 1

The actual ballot is secret at the box. Plenty of ‘exit polls’ ask how you voted.
It’s well accepted for a candidate to knock on your door and ask “Can we rely on your vote sir? Thank you very much, would you like a lift to the polling station?”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct.

Voting is secret.

Canvassing voting intentions does not infringe the secrecy of a vote that has not taken place.

well

asking people if they are going to vote for bojo is rather impertinent and on the fringe

in my view

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

The actual ballot is secret at the box. Plenty of ‘exit polls’ ask how you voted.
It’s well accepted for a candidate to knock on your door and ask “Can we rely on your vote sir? Thank you very much, would you like a lift to the polling station?”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

beat them to pulp, this is GE cheating

Edited by melvinmelvin