Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

Sunbathing on the beach at 5am come on, I know some of you are still up at 5am in Pattaya, it is still 2 hours until you see sunshine. Arguement with beach chair vendor and wait around until 5am for them to come up and shoot you, again irrational.

A set up 2 meet 2 hookers at 5 am in more likely and a paid assasination is almost a certainty. I hope the police can solve this one.

I hope so too, it is about time that Pattaya was policed properly, too many shootings too much drugs, too many rip off women/men.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This smacks of a hit, not random crime. Bit surprised at the targets though.

And if not, the perp had better wish they weren't property of the mafia. Those guys are ruthless.

I'm pretty sure any russian mafia "revenge" killings of Thais will be cracked down on hard. Remember those two russian thugs who robbed the bank and shot a thai security guard? Well one of them got the death penalty for that.

Some people don't beleive me when I say crime is out of control in Pattaya and Jomtien. I have been in Thailand a long time moved to Jomtien to get away from the crime in Pattaya and now Jomtien is almost as bad. I hope the International press pick up on this so people will know of the dangers that face them by coming here for a holiday. Loosing face is no longer an excuse for Thais or anyone else. I only have 35 days left in Thailand thank God. I will have to stay covert in my condo.

P.S Anyone looking for a condo to rent in Jomtien please PM. me.

Cheers Tony :o

Sorry but whatever the supposed circumstances, two young people are dead. It saddens me to see so few expressions of sorrow about that fact and so many unsubstantiated allegations about the victims.

For what little it's worth I do send my condolences to their families & friends.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Two Russian women killed at Jomthien beach

PATTAYA: -- Two Russian women, both tourists, have been shot dead in the Eastern seaboard resort of Jomthien, adjacent to Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police said.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25 were killed when an unidentified gunman fired four shots from a 9 mm pistol, police said. Their bodies were found lying on the beach while their personal effects were left untouched.

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the victims drinking alcohol and swimming earlier.

Initially, police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence. Police are searching for the operator to investigate.

--TNA 2007-02-24

The conclusion that a chair concessionnaire was a lilely perpetrator seems odd to me. Certainly possible but likely is odd. They are not hard to find and there is little that goes unnoticed on that particular stretch of beach.

Lets take a step back, and instead of starting a slamming lets start by feeling a bit of the pain for the parents and family.

Hmm... Russians..Girls...young.. beach.. shot dead

My thinking... Professional Ladies and much more to be known - could it be a cover up?

Let me think...

New Years Eve... bombings in Bangkok...all Pattaya had was a car explosion "due to faulty LPG installation"..!!! Surely not a cover up!

:D:o:D

First thing I though, this must be connected to the russian mafia... well, I guess was wrong.

I keep telling tourists I meet here in Hua Hin, that they should never have a loud verbal fallout with a Thai in public, because that's about the only thing that really makes them go mental... and to make a point I usually end my lecture with: "...and they will have no problem killing you, if you tick them off enough!

Well, if there is anything true about "...police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence..." and considering that just about EVERY beach chair in Jomtien is for rent, and the fact that only a hotel security saw some guy run away from the beach, it probably was the guy renting the chairs.

That's scary though... Thai people who work in the tourist industry should (and usually do) have a think skin towards "stupid unfriendly tourist" at least that's the impression I got. If I just think about all the girls that have to put up with their dumb ass short time boy friends, I am amazed how they can deal being with some for more than 5 minutes.

They should really air some sort of "Thai way of life / how to not get killed by a Thai" video on the airplanes that makes people understand that the land of smiles is ONLY the land of smiles if YOU smile...

I'm not trying to defend the shooter, whoever it is, that person needs to be put away for good. If it was the guy renting the chairs, and this hole thing was a renting dispute (which I believe, at the moment) then I like to

imagine the following happened:

The girls sit down on the chairs.

The guy wants to collect the rent.

The girls think he has no right to do so.

They get in an argument.

The guy gets out his gun, and shoots them.

Outcome could be

He has to pay a little fine for having the gun

He gets off the murder charges, it was clearly self defense.

:o

Well, we will see.. TiT

Edited by jbhh

Probably pimp killing.
sure they were just tourists?

That was my first thought too

If it involves violence and Russians then it's usually not random at all. I bet there's a lot more to this.

================================================================

Yeap; Wintermute; I believe you are correct; of course there's more to this story that what we've heard sofar. I've lived and worked in Pattaya for almost 15 years now and I can tell you that there have been some pretty incredible encounters involving Russian citizens here.

As a rule; it is mostly kept "between Russians" and I would be surprised if this will not turn-out to fall into that same catagory.

Likely scenario could be: two Russian hookers (and there are litterally hundreds of them here !?) no longer desoire to pay-off their Russian pimps; these guys are not the pick-nick type and will go through extreme lengths to "save face" with regards to the rest of their "flock" . . . . tatsteless business, no kidding !

VERY classy guys ..... first thing you do is cast doubt on the 2 victims!

Yeap and it took less than 10 posts for Thai visa posters to start pht'sized on a 10-line piece of news.

From two tourists murder on the beach, the story is now that two prostitutes, heavily drunk started a fight with a local thai, challenging his manhod, and threatening him to call their big brother who it is well known as the lcoal dealers of Mercedes in Jomtiem, while being a good friend of the local Police Col, the same that was previously involved in this boat story, you know the german guy, if not britt, who used to held party on his yacht, well anyway the two drunken B***ch ask for it and I won't take my 4 years old back to this beach again, which was already packed with dirty backpacker probably looking for some way to finnace their next visa run to cambodia to avoid paying tax ! And If I am wrong it must be the islamists from the south because thailand is becoming a playing ground for fundamentalists who only think about curtailing our right to go the beach!

Pathethic...

[sandy]

Edited by s.pylos

MOSCOW. Feb 24 (Interfax) -

Two Russian female tourists have been found dead in Thailand, head of Russia's consulate in Pattaya Vladimir Pronin told Interfax by phone on Saturday.

"The bodies of two Russian women with gunshot wounds were found on one of the Pattaya beaches early on Saturday morning," he said.

"The circumstances surrounding the incident are rather strange," he added.

Russian consulate officials have left for the scene. The Russian Foreign Ministry has been informed of the murder.

The province's head is supervising the investigation, Pronin said.

Bangkok Post.com

Two Russian female tourists were shot and killed in a popular tourist beach resort about 100 kilometres south-east of Bangkok early Saturday, police said.

The 30- and 25-year-old women were shot by an unidentified gunman on a beach in Jomtien which is just south of the popular tourist resort town Pattaya at around 5 a.m.

Witnesses said they heard gun shots, then saw a Thai man flee the area on a motorcycle. The two women, who were staying in a nearby resort, were found dead next to beach chairs on the beach, police said.

Police found an empty coca-cola can, an almost empty alcoholic beverage, female shoes and a mobile phone at the scene.

Police initially suspected that the women, who checked in at the Dragon Beach Resort Hotel last Friday and planned to check out early March, were involved in sex trade and were killed because of some conflict of interest in the business.

Pattaya and Jomtien to its south are popular beach towns that have seen an increased number of Russian tourists in recent years.

They were due to check out of the Hotel yes and maybe had a return ticket.

If you were going to overstay in Thailand and work in the sex trade would you buy only a one way ticket to enter Thailand.

Beach chair vendors I am sure do not have the money to order the immediate murder of a couple of tourist over 200 baht for a couple of sun beds !!!!!!!

Sound fishy to me

If it involves violence and Russians then it's usually not random at all. I bet there's a lot more to this.

Yeap; Wintermute; I believe you are correct; of course there's more to this story that what we've heard sofar. I've lived and worked in Pattaya for almost 15 years now and I can tell you that there have been some pretty incredible encounters involving Russian citizens here.

As a rule; it is mostly kept "between Russians" and I would be surprised if this will not turn-out to fall into that same catagory.

Likely scenario could be: two Russian hookers (and there are litterally hundreds of them here !?) no longer desoire to pay-off their Russian pimps; these guys are not the pick-nick type and will go through extreme lengths to "save face" with regards to the rest of their "flock" . . . . tatsteless business, no kidding !

You realy have to love Thaivisa.com, within 13 posts the two female victims of an outragously violent act are presumed to be sex workers based only on there nationality.

Go figure.

These two poor women were gunned down on a public beach - and they don't deserve the hysterical nonsense that has been dumped on them until there are any concrete facts to assert that they were anything but innocent tourists.

Even if they weren't, they didn't deserve to die like this.

All this tell me is that we are fast reaching a stage where any farang is fair game, and the low life who carry out these killings couldn't give a shit about what effect this might have on Pattaya's tourist industry.

In the current climate of officially encouraged xenophobia, the killer is probably quite proud of himself.

May the two unfortunate women Rest In Peace.

The Nation

"Police said they were shot and killed on beach chairs on the Jomtien Beach at about 5 am. A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle. He checked the beach and found the two Russian women lying dead on the beach chairs."

What brave chaps these Thais are when they have a gun against two women sun bathing in deck chairs or when there are 12 of them kicking a drunk farang on the ground. No wonder their military is so pathetic - beaten by Laos in 1988, nealy beaten by Burma a couple of times and too cowardly to send reinforcements to help patrols under fire in the South.

Are you for real ?

Edited by ausiekid

Whatever you may think of Russiona tourists - I am sure they are no worse - and probably better - than many from western Europe, including some of the drunken, ignorant, loud mouthed slobs from England who come to Pattaya for sex and mayhem..

Sorry for being off topic, but I'm sick of this generalisation of English people. I have been in Thailand for a while, and have come across drunken, ignorant, loud mouthed slobs from America, Australia, Israel, France. Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, and yes even Russia.

I for one am from England, I am NOT a drunken ignorant loud mouthed slob, and take exception to this. Its not a chip on a shoulder, its a simple shock reaction to people being so blatantly racist.

And to get back on topic, may they rest in peace, no matter what the circumstance of their killing.

Cheers

Phil

Well said.

WHAT? Did you just call my pint a puff?

Anybody ever notice how women tourists are disproportionatly the victims of violence in Thailand. It wouldn't be because the men are awful to their own women and prefer cowardly attacks on visitor women would it?

I've never come across a more spineless group that prey on the week. Ever.

Sunbathing on the beach at 5am come on, I know some of you are still up at 5am in Pattaya, it is still 2 hours until you see sunshine. Arguement with beach chair vendor and wait around until 5am for them to come up and shoot you, again irrational.

A set up 2 meet 2 hookers at 5 am in more likely and a paid assasination is almost a certainty. I hope the police can solve this one.

Maybe a misprint for 5 pm. The deck chairs are not out that early in the morning.

This was no misprint, to quote from one of the reports:

.....Pattaya, Chon Buri - Two Russian women were shot dead on Jomtien Beach in this seaside resort town early Saturday morning.

As observed by another TV poster, who sunbathes at that hour of the morning?

I'd go with that. :D

Is the business with the chair vendor just a frightening attempt to find a scape-goat in a hurry, and make sure that he is found guilty, all in the interests of the 'Greater Cause', whether, of course, he is guilty or not?

H.

Edited by henlin

The conclusion that a chair concessionnaire was a lilely perpetrator seems odd to me. Certainly possible but likely is odd. They are not hard to find and there is little that goes unnoticed on that particular stretch of beach.

My thoughts exactly probable two hookers in a fight with there pimp. There are lots of russian women in Jomtien, hope its all blown over in April thats when I go Again

Some people don't beleive me when I say crime is out of control in Pattaya and Jomtien. I have been in Thailand a long time moved to Jomtien to get away from the crime in Pattaya and now Jomtien is almost as bad. I hope the International press pick up on this so people will know of the dangers that face them by coming here for a holiday. Loosing face is no longer an excuse for Thais or anyone else. I only have 35 days left in Thailand thank God. I will have to stay covert in my condo.

P.S Anyone looking for a condo to rent in Jomtien please PM. me.

Cheers Tony :o

I have been in Jomtien area since 1999. Yes it is definitely getting violent and ugly. I have moved away now and had need to come into Pattaya in 2nd Road the other night and 2 bar girls and a mamasan dragged me out of my car as I parked it in front of their beer bar. I was actually going across the road. The threw me around a bit and it seemed like there was 6-7 of them within seconds. Not surprisingly the 1,500 baht in my shirt pocket went missing and THEY called the police accusing me as having damaged one of the girl's motorcycles as I parked my car!

No prizes for guessing what happened next eh?? Yep the next day I was compelled to pay for damage on the opposite side of the motorcycle that it should have been if indeed it was parked where they claimed. Oh yeah, that and no corresponding scratch on my car.

Yeah right... this is out of control and I will always always hate Pattaya, and anything to do with it. Sadly Jomtien is infected also now. I hope the Russians report this widely. I hope they stop coming to Pattaya or Jomtien until the police can start stopping these problems rather than being an integral part of it...

What brave chaps these Thais are when they have a gun against two women sun bathing in deck chairs or when there are 12 of them kicking a drunk farang on the ground. No wonder their military is so pathetic - beaten by Laos in 1988, nealy beaten by Burma a couple of times and too cowardly to send reinforcements to help patrols under fire in the South.

Just amazing. A couple of Russian women are killed. Details are sketchy and facts are essentially nonexistent.

Therefore a rational conclusion is that all Thai men are cowards and their military doesn't stack up to that of the valiant farang countries who have recently subdued the Falklands and Grenada and are doing one heck of a job killing unarmed men,women and children in Iraq.

Yes, sir boys and girls, makes sense to me.

Maybe messages should only be posted before the bars open.

against two women sun bathing in deck chairs...

Yes, sun bathing at 5:00 a.m. Nothing suspicious there.