Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

something wrong here

I walked past this point at 7.35 this morning and there was nothing unusual - nothing. And so no one reported this at 5 AM in the morning.

After my walk I had breakfast and then walked past this point again.

In this 1 hour period the police had done all their business and the bodies were gone.

I stood there looking at the taped off area and saw nothing. No one sitting in chairs as the bodies were removed.

There were more than 60 police coming and going in the next few hours.

I asked the beach chair vendor what happened and he said they were already chasing the killer. Possible mafia he said.

I pointed to the overhead cameras within 3 meters of where it happened and he said no work.

There are several more cameras around this area and so maybe one of them works.

TIT

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people don't beleive me when I say crime is out of control in Pattaya and Jomtien. I have been in Thailand a long time moved to Jomtien to get away from the crime in Pattaya and now Jomtien is almost as bad. I hope the International press pick up on this so people will know of the dangers that face them by coming here for a holiday. Loosing face is no longer an excuse for Thais or anyone else. I only have 35 days left in Thailand thank God. I will have to stay covert in my condo.

P.S Anyone looking for a condo to rent in Jomtien please PM. me.

Cheers Tony :D

I have been in Jomtien area since 1999. Yes it is definitely getting violent and ugly. I have moved away now and had need to come into Pattaya in 2nd Road the other night and 2 bar girls and a mamasan dragged me out of my car as I parked it in front of their beer bar. I was actually going across the road. The threw me around a bit and it seemed like there was 6-7 of them within seconds. Not surprisingly the 1,500 baht in my shirt pocket went missing and THEY called the police accusing me as having damaged one of the girl's motorcycles as I parked my car!

No prizes for guessing what happened next eh?? Yep the next day I was compelled to pay for damage on the opposite side of the motorcycle that it should have been if indeed it was parked where they claimed. Oh yeah, that and no corresponding scratch on my car.

Yeah right... this is out of control and I will always always hate Pattaya, and anything to do with it. Sadly Jomtien is infected also now. I hope the Russians report this widely. I hope they stop coming to Pattaya or Jomtien until the police can start stopping these problems rather than being an integral part of it...

Pattaya is the bumho_le of Thailand. Jomtien is the armpits of Thailand. Pathetic places. Tragic about the girls.

The sad truth is this: until the tourists stop coming to these shiteholes.........nothing will change. :o

Edited by LoveDaBlues

If it involves violence and Russians then it's usually not random at all. I bet there's a lot more to this.

to me it looks like a contract hit from Russian mafia no umbrella vendor is going to shoot some one over a beach chair trust me on that one please bring back the soviet union it was bad but this a worse your not safe any were what I like to know is how they get the guns in unless they are buying them in Thailand

More information in this news report...

SOURCE: Pattaya People News: February 24th 2007

Mindless Murder of Two Russians on Jomtien Beach

On the 24th of February at 6.00am Dongtan Police were called to the scene of a double murder on Jomtien Beach opposite Soi 18.

Police rushed to the scene along with Rescue Volunteers and found two brutally slain Russian lady tourists named Miss Liubov Svirkova aged 25 and Miss Tatiana Tsimfer aged 30, slumped on two beach chairs. They had been mindlessly shot dead by someone using a 9mm gun.

Police found a mobile phone, a bottle of whisky, a pack of cigarettes and a paper bag containing clothes and passports belonging to the women, untouched on table.

Police discovered foot prints in the sand around the beach chairs which may have come from the assailant’s combat boots; they also found four bullet shells.

Security guard of the Ananya Hotel, Jomtien, Khun Somsak Noonoi, told Police that at 3 am he was on duty and noticed the two Russians Ladies leaving the Dragon Beach Resort only 500 meters away from the murder scene on the beach.

The ladies apparently liked to watch the dawn arrive whilst having a drink on the beach.

At 5 am he heard a gun shot and bravely headed towards the area of the blast. Whilst running to the scene he heard three more shots fired.

He spotted a Thai man who was walking calmly from the scene. He simply jumped on his motorbike and drove off quickly towards the Chaiyapruek Police box.

It is unclear at present if the Security Guard managed to write down the license plate number of the bike and a police investigation is quite obviously underway.

Edited by libya 115

My guess is that their Russian pimps stepped on too many Thai toes.

This was just a warning from Thai pimps or the Police on who is boss in that particular stretch of coastline.

You are quite wrong to assume that these two women were prostitutes. The story so far suggests that they were on a two week holiday and staying in a comfortable hotel nearby, just enjoying a drink and bathing in the sea.

It would make me happy to be wrong, but Mafia killings aren't always perpetrated against prostitutes, it could be the Russian pimps girlfriends or even family.  

And btw, Russian prostitutes that come to work in Thailand don't admit to being hookers, they come in under the guise of a tourist.

Two young women drinking a bottle of booze on the beach at 3-6 am.

Doesn't sound like they are scared of anything,

that in itself should tell you something.

Edited by pampal

It would make me happy to be wrong, but Mafia killings aren't always perpetrated against prostitutes, it could be the Russian pimps girlfriends or even family.

And btw, Russian prostitutes that come to work in Thailand don't admit to being hookers, they come in under the guise of a tourist.

I thought you would know that :o

I know of one where a prostitute was killed.This was back in Russia though.She was brutally slain and a video of the killing was sent to her work mates in Macau....don't try and run away from a contract etc..

Ok watch the sunrise - least thats more explainable and if they have been doing it, so a daily pattern has been established. Again I don't think this was a random act - they were targeted. Killer or killers knew they did this on a daily basis, and saw the opportunity.

I thought you would know that :o

I know of one where a prostitute was killed.This was back in Russia though.She was brutally slain and a video of the killing was sent to her work mates in Macau....don't try and run away from a contract etc..

In Los Angeles, the Russian mafia types are always killing and being killed by various mafias that vye for control of LA's vice scene. Prostitutes are killed as well as family members and friends.  All is fair game for the MAFIA.  Be it Russian, Thai, Mexican , Black etc.....

Some people don't beleive me when I say crime is out of control in Pattaya and Jomtien. I have been in Thailand a long time moved to Jomtien to get away from the crime in Pattaya and now Jomtien is almost as bad. I hope the International press pick up on this so people will know of the dangers that face them by coming here for a holiday. Loosing face is no longer an excuse for Thais or anyone else. I only have 35 days left in Thailand thank God. I will have to stay covert in my condo.

P.S Anyone looking for a condo to rent in Jomtien please PM. me.

Cheers Tony :D

I have been in Jomtien area since 1999. Yes it is definitely getting violent and ugly. I have moved away now and had need to come into Pattaya in 2nd Road the other night and 2 bar girls and a mamasan dragged me out of my car as I parked it in front of their beer bar. I was actually going across the road. The threw me around a bit and it seemed like there was 6-7 of them within seconds. Not surprisingly the 1,500 baht in my shirt pocket went missing and THEY called the police accusing me as having damaged one of the girl's motorcycles as I parked my car!

No prizes for guessing what happened next eh?? Yep the next day I was compelled to pay for damage on the opposite side of the motorcycle that it should have been if indeed it was parked where they claimed. Oh yeah, that and no corresponding scratch on my car.

Yeah right... this is out of control and I will always always hate Pattaya, and anything to do with it. Sadly Jomtien is infected also now. I hope the Russians report this widely. I hope they stop coming to Pattaya or Jomtien until the police can start stopping these problems rather than being an integral part of it...

Pattaya is the bumho_le of Thailand. Jomtien is the armpits of Thailand. Pathetic places. Tragic about the girls.

The sad truth is this: until the tourists stop coming to these shiteholes.........nothing will change. :D

Oh dear. :o

Truely sad development this.

Whatever the background of the girls or the situation its clearly terrible that the two were murdered. Whoever the culprit is they are cowardly scum. From what I read the Pattaya area has become very dangerous in the past few years. Shootings seem to be a regular occurance. You only have to look at Pattaya City News website to see whats going on.

Considering tourism is so important to the local economy crime seems to be rising, so I ask what are the police doing about it? I say not a god ###### thing! Whenever, I am in Pattaya the only time I see the police after say 2am is when they are closing down a late night disco. They dont patrol the area, they only react rather than engage in preventative policing, infact I would go so far as to blame the crime spree on the Police's incompetance or unwillingness to do their jobs.

What I wont do is start pathetically labelling the murder victims as whores, as quite a few posters have done.. :o

I certainly wont be visiting Pattaya or Jomtein either.

Watch this space......tragic, RANDOM killing of 2 Russian ladies out to watch the sunrise. Drunk Thai wannabe with 9mm approaches ladies who have seen it all before and don't take him seriously so he shows just how serious he is by unloading said 9mm into said ladies. Wrong place at the wrong time. Tragic, Senseless, Mindless but unfortunately not uncommon in the beautiful beach side resorts of Pattay and Jomtien. Last week a knofing, this week a shooting, next week a bombing?....I'm glad I made my move to the jungle a couple of years ago.....RIP.

More information in this news report...

SOURCE: Pattaya People News: February 24th 2007

Mindless Murder of Two Russians on Jomtien Beach

On the 24th of February at 6.00am Dongtan Police were called to the scene of a double murder on Jomtien Beach opposite Soi 18.

Police rushed to the scene along with Rescue Volunteers and found two brutally slain Russian lady tourists named Miss Liubov Svirkova aged 25 and Miss Tatiana Tsimfer aged 30, slumped on two beach chairs. They had been mindlessly shot dead by someone using a 9mm gun.

Police found a mobile phone, a bottle of whisky, a pack of cigarettes and a paper bag containing clothes and passports belonging to the women, untouched on table.

Police discovered foot prints in the sand around the beach chairs which may have come from the assailant's combat boots; they also found four bullet shells.

Security guard of the Ananya Hotel, Jomtien, Khun Somsak Noonoi, told Police that at 3 am he was on duty and noticed the two Russians Ladies leaving the Dragon Beach Resort only 500 meters away from the murder scene on the beach.

The ladies apparently liked to watch the dawn arrive whilst having a drink on the beach.

At 5 am he heard a gun shot and bravely headed towards the area of the blast. Whilst running to the scene he heard three more shots fired.

He spotted a Thai man who was walking calmly from the scene. He simply jumped on his motorbike and drove off quickly towards the Chaiyapruek Police box.

It is unclear at present if the Security Guard managed to write down the license plate number of the bike and a police investigation is quite obviously underway.

Mmmm, combat boots eh? Sounds like Mr Toxin to me trying to set off some undercurrents. Come on guys, cant you see the strong link..combat boots, Toxin was in army (police?..same thing), pissed off, and wants a comeback.

Thats pure logic to me.

This killing is another good reason not to go to Jomtien/Pattaya. Today I celebrate my 20th year in Thailand and I can honestly say I have been there less than 20 times in that time.

If you want more background and some ugly pictures to clarify some of the questions on this forum look at: http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_24_02_50_2.htm

Things are safer in Bangkok

Badbanker

Two killed young women deserves far more respect than generally shown in this forum. The FACTS states that they were merely tourists on a two-week group-holiday, and they resided in a tourist-hotel only 100m away from the shooting-incident.

My sincere condolence to their family!

Russia - especially in this time of year - is not very warm or cozy, and if you were Russian on a two-week holiday in a tropical country, you also just might want to spend your time on the beach with a friend and some beverage - even at 5 a.m. in the morning. Maybe especially at 5 a.m. in the morning, as you'll almost have the beach for yourself, and it is even quite possible to have a swim at that time.

Many Thais - regardless of status and income - do own a gun! I've surely seen my share of them, and you don't even have to be in Jomtien or Pattaya. Men (locals) who are staying up (in the streets) to 5 a.m. are almost for sure drunk or up to no good, even in my country (Denmark). And if two Russian ladies have been given a drunken beach chair concessionaire a hard time, perhaps laughing at his (to them!) utter ridiculous demands for rent in the middle of the night, he could very easily have been worked up to a level where he'd grab his motorcycle, drive home and get his gun to show those farang b****s... It's my impression, that Russians aren't very popular in the Pattaya area - and if he thought, that those bad-mouthed women, who "helped themselves" with HIS chairs and refused to pay for the privilege, were nothing but unwelcome shameless prostitutes - then he might even had thought that he was both righteous AND could get away with it... The police initially also thought the girls were prostitutes, and it was a mafia-hit. The FACT also is that a beach chair concessionaire didn't show up for work after the incident, and is now wanted for questioning by the local police.

But all above is also just speculations - showing off my own particular prejudice and urge to compare the case-facts presented, to my personal experiences and gut-feel.... Please regard my speculations as such, and I'd be the last to be offended if you just ignore them.

So, here's my opinion: before going around slandering ppl one don't know, it would be prudent to evaluate the facts presented for one in advance. And one might not have look so stupid and shameful, as one must do now.... Keep your prejudicial racist mouth shut if you haven't got anything good to say. Why not "grow up and get a life" before blatantly trying to destroy others?!? This is IMHO the problem of the world; everyone has an opinion about everything, and a strong urge to show it off - no matter what. Where's the humility and decency of for example just saying: what a tragic incident, I hope that the police find out who has done it and why, so that they might better prevent anything similar happening in the future. No, it's far better to stir up even more fear and hatred, with absolutely NO facts or even a thread of evidence to back it up... <sigh>

//Loke

Two killed young women deserves far more respect than generally shown in this forum. The FACTS states that they were merely tourists on a two-week group-holiday, and they resided in a tourist-hotel only 100m away from the shooting-incident.

My sincere condolence to their family!

Russia - especially in this time of year - is not very warm or cozy, and if you were Russian on a two-week holiday in a tropical country, you also just might want to spend your time on the beach with a friend and some beverage - even at 5 a.m. in the morning. Maybe especially at 5 a.m. in the morning, as you'll almost have the beach for yourself, and it is even quite possible to have a swim at that time.

Many Thais - regardless of status and income - do own a gun! I've surely seen my share of them, and you don't even have to be in Jomtien or Pattaya. Men (locals) who are staying up (in the streets) to 5 a.m. are almost for sure drunk or up to no good, even in my country (Denmark). And if two Russian ladies have been given a drunken beach chair concessionaire a hard time, perhaps laughing at his (to them!) utter ridiculous demands for rent in the middle of the night, he could very easily have been worked up to a level where he'd grab his motorcycle, drive home and get his gun to show those farang b****s... It's my impression, that Russians aren't very popular in the Pattaya area - and if he thought, that those bad-mouthed women, who "helped themselves" with HIS chairs and refused to pay for the privilege, were nothing but unwelcome shameless prostitutes - then he might even had thought that he was both righteous AND could get away with it... The police initially also thought the girls were prostitutes, and it was a mafia-hit. The FACT also is that a beach chair concessionaire didn't show up for work after the incident, and is now wanted for questioning by the local police.

But all above is also just speculations - showing off my own particular prejudice and urge to compare the case-facts presented, to my personal experiences and gut-feel.... Please regard my speculations as such, and I'd be the last to be offended if you just ignore them.

So, here's my opinion: before going around slandering ppl one don't know, it would be prudent to evaluate the facts presented for one in advance. And one might not have look so stupid and shameful, as one must do now.... Keep your prejudicial racist mouth shut if you haven't got anything good to say. Why not "grow up and get a life" before blatantly trying to destroy others?!? This is IMHO the problem of the world; everyone has an opinion about everything, and a strong urge to show it off - no matter what. Where's the humility and decency of for example just saying: what a tragic incident, I hope that the police find out who has done it and why, so that they might better prevent anything similar happening in the future. No, it's far better to stir up even more fear and hatred, with absolutely NO facts or even a thread of evidence to back it up... <sigh>

//Loke

Good post. The only thing known for sure at this point is 2 innocent people were murdered.

Pattaya/Jomtien......the crown jewels of Thailand.

At this rate they will have to expand the size of the morgue there.....

This killing is another good reason not to go to Jomtien/Pattaya. Today I celebrate my 20th year in Thailand and I can honestly say I have been there less than 20 times in that time.

If you want more background and some ugly pictures to clarify some of the questions on this forum look at: http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_24_02_50_2.htm

Things are safer in Bangkok

Badbanker

Oddly enough the site is not available through my connexion to True in Bangkok but opens fine with a proxy.

Again I'm surprised at the level of the discussion here, and a little disappointed that the mods don't feel it time to point out the defamatory section of the rules.

Regards

Considering tourism is so important to the local economy crime seems to be rising, so I ask what are the police doing about it? I say not a god ###### thing! Whenever, I am in Pattaya the only time I see the police after say 2am is when they are closing down a late night disco. They dont patrol the area, they only react rather than engage in preventative policing, infact I would go so far as to blame the crime spree on the Police's incompetance or unwillingness to do their jobs.

What the police are doing is getting very rich by protecting their sources of income be it drugs, prostitution, extortion or whatever. Crime is an annoyance in that it detracts from their primary goal which is to keep the dosh rolling in.

There has been a lot of speculation as to the why's and wherefore's of these appalling killings. I can add a couple of facts which may help. Despite the fact the girls were here on 'holiday' the mobile phone found at the scene contained over 100 local telephone numbers. The girl's "holiday' was paid for not by themselves but by a company.

These killings took place at around 4.30 am local time and entire shooting sequence lasted about 9 seconds, the film from the local security cameras unfortunately is obscured by tree branches and only the fleeing rider's legs are visible, no identifying features or number plate.

Speculation time now but it does sound to me as if these weren't regular tourists and maybe some of the conspiracy theorists on TV are not too far wrong.

gmac

Ok watch the sunrise - least thats more explainable and if they have been doing it, so a daily pattern has been established. Again I don't think this was a random act - they were targeted. Killer or killers knew they did this on a daily basis, and saw the opportunity.

I hate to tell you but the last time I watched the sunrise it, rose in the east. The sunset is beautiful watching from the beach. There is no doubt in my mind that there is more to this than we will ever know.

There has been a lot of speculation as to the why's and wherefore's of these appalling killings. I can add a couple of facts which may help. Despite the fact the girls were here on 'holiday' the mobile phone found at the scene contained over 100 local telephone numbers. The girl's "holiday' was paid for not by themselves but by a company.

These killings took place at around 4.30 am local time and entire shooting sequence lasted about 9 seconds, the film from the local security cameras unfortunately is obscured by tree branches and only the fleeing rider's legs are visible, no identifying features or number plate.

Speculation time now but it does sound to me as if these weren't regular tourists and maybe some of the conspiracy theorists on TV are not too far wrong.

gmac

The plot thickens.... :o

Loke, you wrote this...

And if two Russian ladies have been given a drunken beach chair concessionaire a hard time, perhaps laughing at his (to them!) utter ridiculous demands for rent in the middle of the night, he could very easily have been worked up to a level where he'd grab his motorcycle, drive home and get his gun to show those farang b****s...

Followed by this...

So, here's my opinion: Before going around slandering ppl one don't know, it would be prudent to evaluate the facts presented for one in advance. And one might not have look so stupid and shameful, as one must do now.... Keep your prejudicial racist mouth shut if you haven't got anything good to say.

Question: Why didn't you follow the advice you gave in the second paragraph when you wrote the first paragraph??

Here, let's stop kicking a dead horse. Maybe it was an Islamic insurgent from the south involved in a plot to decrease Thailand's tourism revenue.

Maybe it was a Thai involved in a racist organization similar to the KKK and found an easy target.

Maybe they shot themselves and the Thai stole their gun so he could sell it later or rob a gold shop.

But seriously, nothing but tragedy for those girls and their families. Waste of life.

gmac

The plot thickens.... :o

It,s just been on Thai T.V. channel 9............... 19.35

The pictures were very graffic and filmed the unfortunate victims in their deck chairs and all that relates to such a horrendous act.

It looked like they had been relaxing with a few beers. ????????

They also said they HAD the evidence from the C.V. camera and this would lead to identifying the killer / killers ?????????

This flies in the face regarding the C.V. ,s not working. T.I.T.

No motive ect. was expressed by the way.

A very sad event in every way and again why and what doesn,t make it an O.K.situation or justify it.

I.M.H.O.

marshbags :D