"Dark skinned foreigners in league with the police" illegally selling tours to Phuket tourists

webfact

"Dark skinned foreigners in league with the police" illegally selling tours to Phuket tourists

screenshot_8565.jpg

video screenshot

A video report on Facebook claimed that dark skinned foreigners were stealing business from Thai tour agents in Phuket. 

One man who looked like a person of Indian descent and another perhaps an African were said to be riding motorcycles around the province touting for business. 

They get customers who are foreign tourists outside legitimate shops. The tourists believe they are part of the legal establishments so buy their tours and tickets. 

It has been going on for ten years, it was claimed, with many people involved. 

A legitimate tour agent who gave evidence to a reporter claimed that there was clear evidence that police were behind the illegal operation. 

She said that reports of such behavior were not investigated.

The report suggested that both the tourist police and regular cops might be involved. It was also suggested that the military might be involved in some way behind the scenes. 

Such behavior should lead to heavy fines and possibly jail terms, reported "Seub Jaak Khao" on Facebook. 

But it had been going on for a long time with legitimate operators suffering a loss of business. 

It was not clearly articulated if only foreigners were involved in selling the illegal packages or if Thais were involved up front in the trade too. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-29

The Indian looking guy in the pic is regularly seen around Kata/Karon trying to flog tours to tourists, saw him near the government carpark in Kata yesterday with a couple.

I really hope the FB report opens a big can of worms.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The report suggested that both the tourist police and regular cops might be involved. It was also suggested that the military might be involved in some way behind the scenes. 

Don't worry about them, they will receive a warm welcome when they start their inactive posts.

6 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

This its Timeshare sellers, they all have work permit and B-visa. And not only dark skinned you have many whit skinned from Europe, Australia+++.

No, they're selling tours and anyway how would you know if they all have permits and visas?

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

No, they're selling tours and anyway how would you know if they all have permits and visas?

I suspect you are right, although the OPCs (outside people chasers) of the property touts do organise "tours" of various properties?? 

2 hours ago, nasa123 said:

This its Timeshare sellers, they all have work permit and B-visa. And not only dark skinned you have many whit skinned from Europe, Australia+++.

Correct. The shorter guy I know to be a time share OPC (Outside Personal Contact). He has been working the Karon front for many years. 

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I suspect you are right, although the OPCs (outside people chasers) of the property touts do organise "tours" of various properties?? 

I know they do, but the Indian guy (in the 1st picture) I've over heard trying to flog tours a few times

We had many illegal time share sellers in Pattaya some years ago , but the areas was cleaned up , together with the jet ski scams.  

So I think Phuket are still struggling with illegal sellers.  The big money is there, rich tourists who are easy victims the scam.  

4 hours ago, beechbum said:

I know a lot of the Indian and all from Europe, many of they have been working here for 6 years + +. And they don't sell tours when they get customers on the street, they will be driven whit a tuk tuk to a hotel on Patong Beach road fore business. And if you want to sitt in this hotel a half day and lisse they give you a free tripp to pi pi if you want that's it.

1 hour ago, balo said:

We had many illegal time share sellers in Pattaya some years ago , but the areas was cleaned up , together with the jet ski scams.  

So I think Phuket are still struggling with illegal sellers.  The big money is there, rich tourists who are easy victims the scam.  

Have the Jet Ski Scams finally been cleaned up in Phuket? That's amazing and I am very pleased to hear.

11 hours ago, nasa123 said:

I know a lot of the Indian and all from Europe, many of they have been working here for 6 years + +. And they don't sell tours when they get customers on the street, they will be driven whit a tuk tuk to a hotel on Patong Beach road fore business. And if you want to sitt in this hotel a half day and lisse they give you a free tripp to pi pi if you want that's it.

I know about the TS parasites, they've been around for a lot than longer than 6 yrs unfortunately, the guy in the 1st pic is who i'm referring to and i know for a fact he's trying to sell tours.

You still haven't answered the question , you stated in your 1st post that they all have permits and b-visas, how do you know that to be true?

2 hours ago, beechbum said:

I know about the TS parasites, they've been around for a lot than longer than 6 yrs unfortunately, the guy in the 1st pic is who i'm referring to and i know for a fact he's trying to sell tours.

You still haven't answered the question , you stated in your 1st post that they all have permits and b-visas, how do you know that to be true?

Of course I know, many of my friends from Europe and people of my closest family are working whit this. They all also pay taxes that most Thais don't do. Drive actually 3 people down to the tax office in Chalong Friday so they had written on the tax paper for 2018, and they actually get money back all 3. My wife to she get tax money back every year, not big money but she do every thing 100%.

6 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Of course I know, many of my friends from Europe and people of my closest family are working whit this. They all also pay taxes that most Thais don't do. Drive actually 3 people down to the tax office in Chalong Friday so they had written on the tax paper for 2018, and they actually get money back all 3. My wife to she get tax money back every year, not big money but she do every thing 100%.

Well that's good to know your wife and the 2 others you know doing it are doing so correctly (obviously not annoying tourists and expat on the streets), but I've been here long enough to know the vast majority of the TS parasites aren't.

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

Well that's good to know your wife and the 2 others you know doing it are doing so correctly (obviously not annoying tourists and expat on the streets), but I've been here long enough to know the vast majority of the TS parasites aren't.

Maybe time for you to go home to your fantastic country.

4 hours ago, beechbum said:

Why, whats Australia got to do with the conversation?

Agree with you, nothing.

And yes, the timeshare sales should be banned, this is all a big scam.

But no, these guys are not selling tours, they're timeshare scum.

Archived