Cowed by social media, Bangkok Taco Bell to add beef

snoop1130

Cowed by social media, Bangkok Taco Bell to add beef

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

50568671_1178240445674036_971605788009168896_o-696x464.jpg

Image: Taco Bell Thailand / Facebook

BANGKOK — An American fast food chain that opened in Bangkok without any of its famed “supreme” beef fare will take action after it became a laughing stock on social media.

Writing online, domestic franchise owner Chalermchai “Kueng” Mahagitsiri promised to put meat back on the menu after the firm finds a suitable source. It was a reversal for the company, which had insisted beef was excluded from its first Bangkok store after “extensive market research.”

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/food/2019/01/29/cowed-by-social-media-bangkok-taco-bell-to-add-beef/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-29

• Like 1

When Burger King opened in my city, caught on very quickly that you had to specify beef.

The McDonalds doesn't offer the McMuffin/farang type breakfast menu.  Bummer. ????

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But now the cry need to be.... BRING BACK THE BEANS!!!

BTW, I'm looking, but it doesn't seem like they've said anything about the beef reversal on their Facebook page as yet.

Nobody goes to Taco Bell for a Mexican sit down restaurant food replacement, I I want that I will go to La Monita or maybe Cali-Mex. It's meant to be a fast food Mexican fix place. Without BOTH beans and beef I am better off buying the locally made frozen ones in Villa, adding cheese and sauce myself.  Or, even better, food at Sunrise Tacos.  

This is like serving burger king without the burger.

• Like 2

Just now, RickG16 said:

What? You can get bacon or sausage mcmuffin here, very similar to back home. With hash brown in a meal.

Nope, not at the one in the mall where I live, at least they didn't when I checked, been a while.  Probably for the better though, they are fat pills!  A nice novelty when I visit BKK or Patts. ????

1 minute ago, 55Jay said:

Nope, not at the one in the mall where I live, at least they didn't when I checked, been a while.  Probably for the better though, they are fat pills!  A nice novelty when I visit BKK or Patts. ????

Not good mate.. I'd be tempted to up sticks! 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Nobody goes to Taco Bell for a Mexican sit down restaurant food replacement, I I want that I will go to La Monita or maybe Cali-Mex. It's meant to be a fast food Mexican fix place. Without BOTH beans and beef I am better off buying the locally made frozen ones in Villa, adding cheese and sauce myself.  Or, even better, food at Sunrise Tacos.  

This is like serving burger king without the burger.

Well, the beef part is in the process of being remedied... And now those of us with an interest will work on getting the beans restored as well.

Of course it's a fast food place, even though they've set up their location with inside seating, just like most any U.S. Taco Bell would have.  If I recall, at least during Thai serving hours, they've also got some beer on the menu as well.

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've been watching Taco Thailand's FB page ever since they opened, and watched the steady growth of complaints over the NO beef and beans issues start piling up -- not just from grumpy farangs, but from a lot of Thais as well. This wasn't a one-sided issue, and a quick peruse of their FB page reviews and comments will confirm that.

During the days since they opened, their average customer review rating as calculated by FB kept steadily falling from (on a scale of 1-5) 2.6 early on, then down to 2.3 and now down to 2.2, which is pretty poor, especially for a new and much anticipated business.   So in light of that, late yesterday afternoon, I sent them a direct message on Facebook asking them to please "listen to their customers" who've clearly spoken and reconsider their original poor decision.

And yesterday afternoon, someone at Taco Thailand replied to my message with the following (canned) answer:

Well, so much for that!!!

But now the cry need to be.... BRING BACK THE BEANS!!!

BTW, I'm looking, but it doesn't seem like they've said anything about the beef reversal on their Facebook page as yet.

And actually, the Instagram post the Khaosod article refers to is entirely in TH language and not on a TB TH page, but instead on the personal page of one of the franchise holder Mahagatsiri family members.

Local franchisee i.e. local management made the no beef decision after 'extensive market research".

So clearly not their fault, not a wrong decision, no loss of face etc etc etc.

Tit ????

I’m reminded of the old tv show “Cheers”...

Norm: Yeah, Cliffy had himself the "Ton O' T-Bone". For less than four bucks you get 24 ounces of USDA Choice "bef".
Cliff: Bef? No, you mean beef.
Norm: Beef? Don't be ridiculous, Cliffy. That stuff is "bef". You see it's a Hungry Heifer trademark for a processed, synthetic meat-like substance.
Cliff: Ah, no.
Norm: What do you expect for four bucks? You see me complainin' about the "loobster"?

15 hours ago, mok199 said:

I know I tried an A&W mozza burger and instead of bacon they put a strip of some kind of crispy fish stick on top ..Thailand where close it good enough..

A & W (in SE Asia) used to be owned by a Malaysian muslim outfit. That would explain the absence of bacon (pork)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 55Jay said:

When Burger King opened in my city, caught on very quickly that you had to specify beef.

The McDonalds doesn't offer the McMuffin/farang type breakfast menu.  Bummer. ????

The McDonalds at malls may not  serve breakfast menu because they don't open early enough but the McDonalds that are open 24 hrs do serve the complete breakfast menu including pancakes, McMuffins, coffee, orange juice, ect. I just had the big breakfast in Pattaya McD's yesterday located on Sukumvit.

• Thanks 1

Wanted to try it this afternoon, around 4pm. Queue approximately waiting time half hour mainly consisting of college kids. I'm surely not waiting for that long to eat some fast food.
Going back there probably in two months or so. When they hopefully have beef then... And still in business with that crap management...