90 day reporting while in another province.

My 90 day report is due next month but I’m currently ‘on tour in Thailand’.

Do I have to go all the way back to my ‘base’ province where my registered address is or can I report at any immigration office I happen to be near during my trip?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
Clarification of sentence

I wouldn't bother personally, just pay the fine next time around. It will be a lot less hassle than changing your address and then changing it back again when you return.

I forgot to do a 90 day report once, I only remembered about a month later so I left it until the next time I would need to go.

2000 Baht fine for a late report.

Hi

this happened to me probably 4 years ago. I was at pattaya and it was my 90 days time.

i went to sri racha immigration. they told me i must go back to my registered city and theres no way they can do it here. I told them me and my company came here for an important seminar and its almost impossible for me to go back there... They think for a 5 min and decided to give me a new 90 days report with a note on it: this person was here for a business reason and he reported us. In thai of course. He explained me why he put that note: because they will get really angry and confuse when they see another city  report. So he really helped me. I do believe i was on his very good day tbh.

You could try something like this. Dress your shirt and tie.. Tell them your school or company is here for a meeting and ask them to please help you... 

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, scotsman said:

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php    I am also going to be outside my Provence when my next 90 days is due and it says here that you can report in any immigration office but I will probably do it online if I can.  So is this web site info correct?   

The website is out of date. They changed it a little over 4 years ago. You have to do it at the office where you are registered unless you formally change you address to another office. The did it to consolidate all the reporting to your home office.

17 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

online is the way to go ; https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

If it works.  Having not been out of the country since 2009, it does not work for me. 
GIGO Programming: garbage in -> garbage out

31 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Anyone can do the report for you, it doesn't have to be made in person. 

Do you have a friend that can do it for you? 

The friend would need to have his passport. My driver has no problem reporting for me, but he takes my passport with him. Not sure if they would accept a photocopy of the passport ID page and the previous barcoded 90 day report.

3 minutes ago, Marius Brok said:

If one is reporting by E-mail to which office have to send a stamped addressed envelope?

You cannot report by email. It can be done online or by mailing in the TM47 form and some copies to your office with a self addressed and stamped envelope.

If you will be leaving Thailand before, say doing an extension, don't worry about it.  The airport immigration never check (in my experience) for the 90 day reports.  Otherwise, you are "supposed" to file change of address with the local immigration.  No big deal but now they want 3 copies of everything and send you off to the local copy place.