SURVEY: Will the new financial requirements force you to leave?

SURVEY: Will the new financial requirements force you to leave?  

618 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, PaulDee said:

That beach photo might encourage me to leave,

but the new immigration requirements will not.

I maintain the ฿800,000 balance year round. It's

easier and helps keep life simple--the way it's

supposed to be in LOS

You speak of 800000 bahts on a fixed account ?; I  have one like this and I wonder if it works for the new requirements ; for me, it would logically work because money is before, after extension and always more than 400000 bahts all year around 

39 minutes ago, gamini said:

If you are a permanent resident, you don't have to deposit any money in the bank or get a visa

Sorry, actually what I meant was residing as a full time retiree in Thailand. 

Edited by logres212
  • Like 1

Perhaps the new requirements will make people re-assess, rather than leave lock stock. A couple of posters have pointed out that they will be adapting. I'm sure many expats will also be reconsidering.

For some, it could also be advantageous (from a health/pension/reality check perspective) to be living back home with free healthcare and so forth for some part of the year and change visas accordingly.

Unfortunately the 'golden years' of wherever you were from and no matter how long you wanted to stay are over.

It's not the noughties anymore unfortunately and we just have to get used to that.

Thailand and it's lifestyle for expats has proved it's worth over the years, we pretty much know what we are getting. A few tweaks here and there won't affect the majority as the survey is showing.

After all, how many countries in the world are there where one can just rock up with 800K Baht and live there perpetually. I suspect there are non which can match what the kingdom has to offer....

If the requirements persist, which I expect them to; those that are unfortunately experiencing issues have the option to return home and really look at how they can 'beat the system', not ideal I know, but there are options, many of which are being posted currently as this scenario unravels.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Rather hard to answer when the rules seem to change weekly.....

I had been thinking of changing to the monthly income method (from 800K), but when those rules changed and I read about all the difficulties in proving transfers are from abroad etc

I did not see anything that stated you have to PROVE the transfers were from abroad.  That is pure speculation by forum members.  It only states having monthly income transfers of 65k a month.  Period.

• Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

When will the Thai government realise its not what you have in the bank its how much you spend here. 

I get it that they want money in the bank to show but Ive met people who have that but spend less than 20k a month.. They should let anyone come ad long as they have say 25k a month which is higher than the average Thai.

Also this new idea about keeping 800k in the babk 6 months a year will just make the crooked police and visa agents richer. They are going to ask now I expect 70k a year for the no money in the bank service.

When will Thai visa stop advertising this service?

I for one would not use it as if caught expect to spend a few years in prison!

If you spend less than 20k pm you're no one for Thailand to lose sleep over. I spend about 25k pm as BASIC monthly expenditure. Im busy working, wife works. We go out to eat a few times a month.

We bank all the money, our option but do have it available. Keep building nest egg for 62 and beyond.

For a single guy to spend such little money. The lifestyle must be so wan. Thailand doesn't need this lot. They just exist.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2