The week that was in Thailand news: Don't expect schools to educate your kids - in Thailand or anywhere else!

rooster59

7 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Yeah, but that's only because their former partners in crime turned on them. Funny how those things work out; you invade Poland with your Nazi buddies and all is fine and well until they turn on you next and then you're screaming, "BLOODY MURDER!" and trying to act all virtuous. Regarding the Holocaust; the way we're bombarded with endless documentaries about it one would think that the Jews were the only people to have suffered from the horrors of concentration camps and mass murder during World War Two. So be advised that the Japanese murdered millions of people throughout Asia and inflicted atrocities on Allied prisoners of war that the Germans would never have dreamed of in their worst nightmares. And the Soviets during their first occupation of Poland stuffed tens of thousands of innocent Poles into unheated boxcars and shipped them off to gulags all over the Soviet Union where many thousands of them died from starvation, disease, and the brutal conditions of their confinement. 

"Yeah but...." nothing. None of that changes the fact that the Soviets were considered allies in the later stages of WWII.
The "what abouters" are trying to prove what, exactly?
Here or in any other discussion. This is the "TU QUOQUE" fallacy in formal logic.

18 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

"Yeah but...." nothing. None of that changes the fact that the Soviets were considered allies in the later stages of WWII.

I made absolutely no claim that it did, nor did I try to prove anything. I merely made reference to what are historical facts for educational purposes only. So if you have a problem with that then please be advised that it's really no concern of mine.

54 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

The "what abouters" are trying to prove what, exactly?
Here or in any other discussion. This is the "TU QUOQUE" fallacy in formal logic.

That is a bald faced lie.
You made a deliberate and obvious effort to trivialize the Shoa ( Holoocaust).
 "Regarding the Holocaust; the way we're bombarded with endless documentaries about it one would think that the Jews were the only people to have suffered from the horrors of concentration camps and mass murder during World War Two."
Thinly veiled  Antisemitism for "educational purposes?
Do I need to repeat the lesson on logical fallacies?

11 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

That is a bald faced lie.
You made a deliberate and obvious effort to trivialize the Shoa ( Holoocaust).
 "Regarding the Holocaust; the way we're bombarded with endless documentaries about it one would think that the Jews were the only people to have suffered from the horrors of concentration camps and mass murder during World War Two."
Thinly veiled  Antisemitism for "educational purposes?
Do I need to repeat the lesson on logical fallacies?

No offense intended, but you do need to understand that allegations without evidence will remain allegations and nothing more. Hence, your saber rattling does not impress me in the least. Therefore, I suggest that you at least direct your time and energy on making an honest attempt to refute what I've actually written rather than directing yourself at me personally. After all, if I employed your very same tactics I could easily accuse you of being a Zionist elitist who wants to trivialize the suffering of non-Jews. Also, you might want to remember that it's, Holocaust, not "Holoocaust".

1 hour ago, oslooskar said:

No offense intended, but you do need to understand that allegations without evidence will remain allegations and nothing more. Hence, your saber rattling does not impress me in the least. Therefore, I suggest that you at least direct your time and energy on making an honest attempt to refute what I've actually written rather than directing yourself at me personally. After all, if I employed your very same tactics I could easily accuse you of being a Zionist elitist who wants to trivialize the suffering of non-Jews. Also, you might want to remember that it's, Holocaust, not "Holoocaust".

Quotation marks indicate that this is "...what you have actually written".
No further interaction with persons insufficiently educated to understand such.
Your facetiousness in regards to a typographical error duly noted and given the further attention deserved.????

I introduced my Thai wife to two friends, Lucie and Roger and yes they were instantly Rucie and Loger, now had I introduced them as Rucie and Loger she would have got it right.

Edited by NRGF
Type fault

On 2/2/2019 at 12:34 PM, mok199 said:

That's 6 minutes of my life I wont get back...

Those 6 minutes were anyway a part of the total time spent on this forum + the seconds spent to share it … :coffee1:

On 2/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, rooster59 said:
Thus I had to chuckle when translating the story about "Aunty Pa the Terrible" and the drugging and robbing of the tourist. It was the spelling in Thai of the watch that she stole.

The Brit was apparently relieved of his LOREX. 

I hope he took his complaint to the right place...

1549671142479.jpg

That is a well-written and interesting article. Most likely the ones who said 'I gave up after 30 seconds' or 'wasted 6 minutes' are those who are the result of the lack of a decent education system..... Perhaps if the article was in the form of a graphic novel or a series of pictures that they can scroll through they might find it more palatable.