Virginia governor denies being in racist yearbook photo

rooster59

Hard to believe that Democrat leaders want Northam to resign immediately over a stupid prank 40 years ago. Maybe there's something more.

Anyway, he shows no sign of resigning any time soon.  In fact he continues to be kept comfortable while the discussion ensues.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, Kelsall said:

The Dem leaders want Northam to resign before Trump's SOTU.  With Northam still in office, he and the Dem leaders are fair game for Trump, not only on the racism issue, but on the more sinister issue as well.  Expect Trump to mention both at the SOTU.  Right now Pelosi, Biden, Clinton and gang are scrambling for damage control.  It's not going to be pretty.

Trump just mentioned the sinister issue.  1003 PM EST.  SOTU.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

So you admit that the big MSM players are all guilty of fake news... probably some truth to this but it appears CNN is the worst.

Erm.

I admit nothing of the sort.

CNN assigning an incorrect party to a politician is a mistake.

Though you may be right with FOX ‘News’.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Erm.

I admit nothing of the sort.

CNN assigning an incorrect party to a politician is a mistake.

Though you may be right with FOX ‘News’.

so your comments are all subjective... that's what i suspected lol

22 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

So you admit that the big MSM players are all guilty of fake news... probably some truth to this but it appears CNN is the worst.

Assigning the wrong party to a politician is the kind of thing that is easily disproven so is therefore likely to be a mistake. But distorting photos is something you have to intentionally do,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Trump just mentioned the sinister issue.  1003 PM EST.  SOTU.

From the SOTU transcript:  "There could be no greater contrast to the beautiful image of a mother holding her infant child than the chilling displays our Nation saw in recent days. Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the Governor of Virginia where he basically stated he would execute a baby after birth."

• Haha 1

About the governor, I don't care about his yearbook photo, or if it was him under the pointy white hood. So what? I'm not a fan by any means, but there is zero evidence of him actually doing anything racist or being anything but a decent person.  The eighties were definitely a different time...

As for the abortion laws, they are genuinely scary.  "If the mother's health is threatened" is a very ambiguous and easily twisted phrase.  Does mental health count? What is the definition of "threatened"? Pregnancy on its own IS a threat to the health of the mother.   These days, it's possible for babies to survive at as young as 23-24 weeks gestation, so why the push to kill them at or after being born?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

About the governor, I don't care about his yearbook photo, or if it was him under the pointy white hood. So what? I'm not a fan by any means, but there is zero evidence of him actually doing anything racist or being anything but a decent person.  The eighties were definitely a different time...

As for the abortion laws, they are genuinely scary.  "If the mother's health is threatened" is a very ambiguous and easily twisted phrase.  Does mental health count? What is the definition of "threatened"? Pregnancy on its own IS a threat to the health of the mother.   These days, it's possible for babies to survive at as young as 23-24 weeks gestation, so why the push to kill them at or after being born?

It's the KKK outfit AND the blackface.

I take it you're not black.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Assigning the wrong party to a politician is the kind of thing that is easily disproven so is therefore likely to be a mistake. But distorting photos is something you have to intentionally do,

Come on all of this is inexcusable whether Fox or CNN.   

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Come back and give your lecture on pregnancy after you yourself have been pregnant.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm assuming you're a Brit and don't get it. Blackface AND the KKK. Even back then. Just as bad as it is now. That's nuclear level racism and the man was well into adulthood. It doesn't matter if he wore either of the costumes. He clearly approved it to be published with his yearbook section. Also he clearly knew about it and decided to just hope it never surfaced while pursuing a political career. That doesn't show the character of a good leader. I realize the current U.S. president has the lowest character of any president ever, but the idea now is turn in a direction where character matters again for high level office holders. 

Yes, I am a Brit and we had a Royal who dressed up in a Nazi uniform!! Beat that! Racism is just as prevalent here as it is over the pond but he would get less shit if he had killed someone. I realise Racism is a serious issue and he should rightly be condemned for it but can anyone one of us really say we haven't done something in our life that we are ashamed of? We're all quick to be sanctimonious whilst being Hypocritical when judging others.