Aussie teacher details horrific conditions inside Thai detention

webfact

7 minutes ago, mshs said:

This is man bites dog news because he expected an Aussie style detention in a 3rd world country?

And expected everyone to believe only his side of the story.

The only thing I would add is that experience can be gained from intensity just as much as it can from time.

Edited by overherebc

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

Utopia and Dystopia.

They don't exist.

Indeed they do exist. Utopia is in the mind of any given person. Dystopia is readily found in many parts of the world. Move to Africa and you'll see plenty of it. Same with Latin America. Don't make such a silly remark unless you have lived everywhere first.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, balo said:

I have a small business in Europe and do some online work from time to time. I pay my taxes in my home country.

Come and arrest me if you want and I'll make sure the world will know.

Rather "ballsie" statement. I hope you have a back door where you live. Someone might be knocking on your door any minute.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Indeed they do exist. Utopia is in the mind of any given person. Dystopia is readily found in many parts of the world. Move to Africa and you'll see plenty of it. Same with Latin America. Don't make such a silly remark unless you have lived everywhere first.

Utopia.

Definition of 

An imaginary community that has desirable qualities for and of all it's citizens.

There's an important word right at the beginning, hint, it's the second word. ????????

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

Utopia.

Definition of 

An imaginary community that has desirable qualities for and of all it's citizens.

There's an important word right at the beginning, hint, it's the second word. ????????

You confuse the meaning. If a person is sitting on their couch eating another bowl of potato chips and are thinking about a place they can live that is stress free, beautiful, fulfilling, etc it doesn't me such a place doesn't exist. Many living in Thailand have "found" their utopia.