EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

webfact

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Correct. We'll be reunited with the EU, Moggy, Boris and Gormless Gove, will sacrifice May before the altar and then battle for her throne amongst themselves. The winner will take all and peace will reign over the land once again.

Just like "Game of Thrones". Sorry, have I spoiled the last episode for you?

Not really. I haven't actually seen the programme & until recently thought it was something played at a childrens party at their Great Grandma's gaff in Westminster????

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, Loiner said:

For most of your sob story, that’s a whole different thread. Please deflect and throw names elsewhere.

No name calling and not deflecting; responding to your comments; which you repeat

Regarding the EU:
If we are not in the EU we do not have to be allocated any of Merkel’s million.

Any such allocation will only be done with the agreement of the member states concerned.

If we are not in the EU we will never be forced to become part of Schengen. We will not be part of the ultimate free movement.

Both the UK and the RoI have cast iron guarantees that we have opted out of Schengen. If we remained in the EU then we could not be forced to join; and neither can the RoI.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

You don't have play the victim and racist card which I find a weak argument and offensive. I will reply properly tomorrow.

I have played neither; except to show that racism did play a part in some people's decision to vote leave; as that video proves. there are plenty of other examples for those who are not to blind to see.

Victim? Only in as much as every single British citizen living in the UK (do you?) is a victim of this ill advised decision; particularly if we leave without a deal.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:22 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Same old rhetoric. People didn't know what they voted for. They are uneducated. It was about immigration. It would seem all justifications for some posters to say you were wrong. Lets have another vote.

I have never said anyone was uneducated; ill informed, yes. Though, of course, this means they were uneducated and ignorant of the real consequences of leaving the EU, for sure; but you are equating this with them being called stupid and of low IQs; which is most certainly not what I am doing.

An American acquaintance of mine has a PhD in physics; but knows nothing of cricket. He is highly educated physics and many other subjects and intelligent; but completely uneducated and ignorant of the rules of cricket. Saying so does not mean I am calling him stupid and of a low IQ.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:22 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

You do play the racist card at every opportunity. It doesn't matter what some people may have or may not have campaigned for. I didn't even care. i voted leave for my reasons. nothing to do with immigration although I had seen the way the UK has gone and not in a good direction IMHO.

No, I mention racism when it is relevant. Of course, it does matter in a civilised society what people campaigned for. A campaign based on lies and hate is not acceptable to British values; even though you seem to think that it is. Both my father and mother served in a war against a government who thought that way; they would be spinning in their graves to hear remarks like that!

Racism, whether aimed at EU nationals or others, may not have played a part in your reasons for voting Leave; but it is obvious from many sources that it was one of, in many cases the, major reasons for many who did vote that way.

Your comments about Thai immigration only show that you are an anti immigration immigrant. Though no doubt you will say that you  not, and will not be on your return, an immigrant because your visa says 'non immigrant!' 

It also shows a complete lack of knowledge (dare I say ignorance?) of what rights immigrants to the UK, especially non EEA nationals, have.

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have played neither; except to show that racism did play a part in some people's decision to vote leave; as that video proves. there are plenty of other examples for those who are not to blind to see.

You have and no one video does not represent 'the people who voted leave'

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Victim? Only in as much as every single British citizen living in the UK (do you?) is a victim of this ill advised decision; particularly if we leave without a deal.

So yes then. Playing the victim. Born and bred in the UK, Served my country and decided to work overseas. Have a British passport that I am proud off.

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Your comments about Thai immigration only show that you are an anti immigration immigrant. Though no doubt you will say that you  not, and will not be on your return, an immigrant because your visa says 'non immigrant!'

You are talking rollocks. I am anti immigration immigrant. No, I respect the rules of the country. Thailand and now China. I am a guest not after any special treatment and don't expect it. Unlike those supporting certain religions I don't claim to get any privileges. I pay my taxes and I can be thrown out of the country at any time. I am not whinging like many immigrants in the UK going on about their religion not being respected or supposedly how difficult their country was.

The rest of your post isn't worth replying too.

Both the UK and the RoI have cast iron guarantees that we have opted out of Schengen. If we remained in the EU then we could not be forced to join; and neither can the RoI.

Oh hello, TVF’s resident sympathiser is back.

Yes, ‘you’ collectively throw your general insults around far too much for A EU thread.
‘Agreement’ to allocation of Merkel’s guests would be made through coercion or other political methods. If we are no longer in the EU they can’t do it.
Cast iron guarantees from the EU May mean something to you, but zilch to me. If we are no longer in the EU we cannot be forced into Schengen.
No matter what the status is right now, it can always be changed. It probably would by by The Lisbon Treaty. I will never trust the EU or it’s europhiles, so would always vote Leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have and no one video does not represent 'the people who voted leave'

I know, which is why I said 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, 7by7 said:

there are plenty of other examples for those who are not to blind to see.

So yes then. Playing the victim. Born and bred in the UK, Served my country and decided to work overseas. Have a British passport that I am proud off.

Like I said, all of us who actually live in the UK will be victims of Brexit; especially a no deal one. Higher unemployment as foreign companies relocate to the EU or increase in vestment there instead of here. Higher food prices if we have to pay WTO tariffs on imported food, being just the most obvious ill effects.

Ill effects you will escape; no matter how proud off (sic) your British passport you are.

You are talking rollocks. I am anti immigration immigrant. No, I respect the rules of the country. Thailand and now China. I am a guest not after any special treatment and don't expect it. Unlike those supporting certain religions I don't claim to get any privileges. I pay my taxes and I can be thrown out of the country at any time. I am not whinging like many immigrants in the UK going on about their religion not being respected or supposedly how difficult their country was.

Straight out of the BNP handbook. Yes, there are immigrants, of all religions and none, in the UK who behave as you describe; just as there are British immigrants in Thailand and elsewhere who do the same. But they are a tiny minority.

The rest of your post isn't worth replying too.

Ditto your ignorant, xenophobic ranting.

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Oh hello, TVF’s resident sympathiser is back.

Resident sympathiser of what? The UK's membership of the EU; I have made no secret that I believe that is what is the best for the UK's future.

But unlike you, I base that belief and my arguments on actual facts; not 'facts' which I have made up!

Yes, ‘you’ collectively throw your general insults around far too much for A EU thread.

General insults? Any examples, because you never give any despite making this claim every time you address me!

Look back over the topic, it was not I who brought non EEA migration and other matters into the topic!

‘Agreement’ to allocation of Merkel’s guests would be made through coercion or other political methods.

Showing you ignorance again; Merkel cannot coerce other members into anything. Only the council of ministers can, and only then with unanimous agreement on such important matters. 

If we are no longer in the EU they can’t do it. 

If I cut my leg off I'll never have an ingrowing toe nail!

If we stay in the EU we will have a say on every decision it makes, and on things as important as this; a veto.

Cast iron guarantees from the EU May mean something to you, but zilch to me. If we are no longer in the EU we cannot be forced into Schengen.

As my reply above.

No matter what the status is right now, it can always be changed. It probably would by by The Lisbon Treaty.

As already said to you many times, only with the unanimous agreement of all member states. I've suggested to you before that you actually look into what the Lisbon Treaty really says rather than relying on extreme Brexiteer hyperbole; but it seems you have chosen to believe the hyperbole instead. 

When you're not simply making things up yourself.

I will never trust the EU or it’s europhiles, so would always vote Leave.

A sentiment based on lies and half truths; some you've copied from others, some you've made up for yourself.

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

But unlike you, I base that belief and my arguments on actual facts; not 'facts' which I have made up!

Come on 49, your 'facts' are little more that elaborately dressed guesswork with the odd big word or chart thrown in ala Gyles Brandreth:

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I know, which is why I said 

Like I said, all of us who actually live in the UK will be victims of Brexit; especially a no deal one. Higher unemployment as foreign companies relocate to the EU or increase in vestment there instead of here. Higher food prices if we have to pay WTO tariffs on imported food, being just the most obvious ill effects.

Ill effects you will escape; no matter how proud off (sic) your British passport you are.

Straight out of the BNP handbook. Yes, there are immigrants, of all religions and none, in the UK who behave as you describe; just as there are British immigrants in Thailand and elsewhere who do the same. But they are a tiny minority.

Ditto your ignorant, xenophobic ranting.

Typical I don't agree with you so your a xenophobe, racist. Also as I don't live in the UK at present then I can't have a say in the politics and running of the country that I served.

Don't bother replying I now know why I use to ignore your replies.

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

Come on 49, your 'facts' are little more that elaborately dressed guesswork with the odd big word or chart thrown in ala Gyles Brandreth:

God, I still miss HIGNFY (one of the few programmes that could make me laugh out loud), and really must get round to sorting out a way to be able to watch those programmes I miss!

Thank you - a much appreciated clip from HIGNFY. ????

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

God, I still miss HIGNFY (one of the few programmes that could make me laugh out loud), and really must get round to sorting out a way to be able to watch those programmes I miss!

Thank you - a much appreciated clip from HIGNFY. ????

Youtube has many, but not all.

A sentiment based on lies and half truths; some you've copied from others, some you've made up for yourself.

Sympathiser for the hordes coming into the Schengen zone, judging by your earlier posts. Or is it just your distain for folk from Barnsley? You brought the video clip and kept on going.

Your ‘facts’ of what the EU will do to the UK in the future, are only your own ideas. Maybe supported by EU or govt propaganda, but not hard facts. Neither of them are trustworthy, so your posts are not credible.

You frequently throw out accusation of racist, xenophobic or other insults. See you post#371 last line, immediately above the one being replied to here. I’m not counting them all for you, go back and do it yourself.

Your posts are not facts, but your opinion. Your sources undoubtedly are used to support your own opinion too, so of no merit. You accuse my mine of being based on lies and half truths, but they are equally as valid as yours. As for my sentiment, that you think I’ve made up, well this is a forum. Your thought policing will not work here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, evadgib said:

No doubt you will be able to give examples of my made up 'facts' in exactly the same way I and others have done for those of Loiner.

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Typical I don't agree with you so your a xenophobe, racist. Also as I don't live in the UK at present then I can't have a say in the politics and running of the country that I served.

Don't bother replying I now know why I use to ignore your replies.

I am calling you a xenophobic racist because you made xenophobic, racist remarks.

There are plenty of people with whom I disagree on the matter of Brexit, such as evadgib and dick dastardly; but I don't call them xenophobic racists because, unlike you, they do not make xenophobic, racist remarks. 

I did not say you could not have a say, but it is true that living in China you will escape most of  the effects of Brexit. Especially the increased food prices and unemployment if, as seems more and more likely, we leave without a deal and end up trading with both the EU and everyone else on WTO terms.

That you served the UK in some capacity in the past does not alter any of that.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

Sympathiser for the hordes coming into the Schengen zone, judging by your earlier posts. Or is it just your distain for folk from Barnsley? You brought the video clip and kept on going.

Do I show sympathy for genuine refugees? Of course i do, what decent human being doesn't?

Do I show sympathy for economic migrants masquerading as refugees? I have already said on many occasions that I do not.

I have no disdain for people from Barnsley; I do not believe the man in that video to be typical of people from Barnsley or anywhere else in the UK.

But he is typical of people who fell for both Vote.Leave's and Leave.eu's lies about immigration if we remained in the EU. Just as you seem to have done.

45 per cent of Vote Leave Facebook ads were on immigration

Since the referendum, some pro-Leave supporters have claimed that immigration played a minor role in the leave campaign and was not a significant influence on the result. The data accompanying the ads suggests that is not what the high command of Vote Leave thought. They pushed the immigration message harder than any other in terms of ads sent online and the messaging could be particularly stark – arrows showing tens of millions of Turks or Albanians coming into the UK, for instance

People’s Stated Reasons for Voting Leave or Remain

What reasons do people give to justify their vote choice for Leave or Remain? And, what are the reasons they think the other side voted as they did? New briefing note CSI Brexit 4: People’s Stated Reasons for Voting Leave or Remain. Summary of the findings:

Several different surveys and opinion polls have asked Britons why they voted the way they did in the EU referendum. The two main reasons people voted Leave were ‘immigration’ and ‘sovereignty’, whereas the main reason people voted Remain was ‘the economy’.

Analysis of data from the Centre for Social Investigation’s longitudinal survey on attitudes to Brexit bolsters these conclusions.

Lies which at least one prominent member of the leave campaign now as good as admits were such; Michael Gove admits leave campaign wrong to fuel Turkey fears.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

Your posts are not facts, but your opinion. Your sources undoubtedly are used to support your own opinion too, so of no merit

Of course, like everyone else, I post my opinion; but unlike you I do not try to convince people that my opinions are facts.

When I post facts to support my opinions I try to provide a source.

That you feel the need to dismiss all facts which counter your opinions as being of no merit only shows that deep down you know how weak your arguments are.

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

Wow hordes again. I suggested they might be Mongolian ones last time, maybe this time they are Goths or Vandals. I think that if you are finding your sleep disturbed by images of these hordes (No doubt armed to the teeth) invading your beloved country, you should sue Nigel Farage. This unspeakably vile conman was the main man responsible for spreading grossly exaggerated misinformation about immigration. I do feel sorry for you and those others who believed him. Unfortunately he is responsible for causing widespread dismay among gullible members of the public. 

41 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Wow hordes again. I suggested they might be Mongolian ones last time, maybe this time they are Goths or Vandals. I think that if you are finding your sleep disturbed by images of these hordes (No doubt armed to the teeth) invading your beloved country, you should sue Nigel Farage. This unspeakably vile conman was the main man responsible for spreading grossly exaggerated misinformation about immigration. I do feel sorry for you and those others who believed him. Unfortunately he is responsible for causing widespread dismay among gullible members of the public. 

pardon me, an aside here

you mention Mongolian hordes

I've been to Mongolia a few times.

Remember one time, in particular, venturing out from Ulan Bator in rugged 4-wheel drive vehicle,

4 hours about. I as government rep was there to assist a company negotiating with the nomads

to establish towers and radio links across their normal fields.

Very comfortable 3-4 days, excellent tents/sleeping quarters.

And what did we talk about in the evening after the work day,

right, Manchester United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Incredible really.

Manchester United is quite a brand name.

Have had a couple of similar experiences,

in the very high Atlas and in the upper Amazon, way north of Manaus.

There ain't no place on earth where Manchester United is not known.

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I am calling you a xenophobic racist because you made xenophobic, racist remarks.

There are plenty of people with whom I disagree on the matter of Brexit, such as evadgib and dick dastardly; but I don't call them xenophobic racists because, unlike you, they do not make xenophobic, racist remarks. 

I did not say you could not have a say, but it is true that living in China you will escape most of  the effects of Brexit. Especially the increased food prices and unemployment if, as seems more and more likely, we leave without a deal and end up trading with both the EU and everyone else on WTO terms.

That you served the UK in some capacity in the past does not alter any of that.

Again you are wrong in every way. You seem to be a snowflake apologist. I still remember you defending a certain religion and throwing around certain names. If someone disagrees with you then the racist, xenophobic card comes out. I am a British citizen and could still vote in the referendum. A patriot.

You should stop reading the Guardian and Independent newspapers. Unemployment is lower than ever. Inflation is one of the best in Europe. Continue with your tinfoil hat theories. I find people who are anti British, seem to hate the country and want to see the country fail, the problem. I believe you are one of these.

Trying to discredit that I have a voice or opinion because I don't live in the UK at the moment, is cheap. Please do not reply as you will not get another response from me.

8 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Again you are wrong in every way. You seem to be a snowflake apologist. I still remember you defending a certain religion and throwing around certain names. If someone disagrees with you then the racist, xenophobic card comes out. I am a British citizen and could still vote in the referendum. A patriot.

You should stop reading the Guardian and Independent newspapers. Unemployment is lower than ever. Inflation is one of the best in Europe. Continue with your tinfoil hat theories. I find people who are anti British, seem to hate the country and want to see the country fail, the problem. I believe you are one of these.

Trying to discredit that I have a voice or opinion because I don't live in the UK at the moment, is cheap. Please do not reply as you will not get another response from me.

Quit this ‘I’m a patriot’ ‘others who are anti British, seem to hate the country’ hogwash.

Give is some balanced reasoned arguments.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Quit this ‘I’m a patriot’ ‘others who are anti British, seem to hate the country’ hogwash.

Give is some balanced reasoned arguments.

Keep of the sauce. I am a patriot and I wont quit or apologies for it. I will stick by my believe that there are some posters on here who want to see the demise of the UK and because of Brexit, are waiting for the UK to have an economic turmoil. I find that alarming and unpatriotic.

I have given many balanced arguments and not just recently jumped on the Brexit bandwagon here. I have been posting on the subject before the referendum, unlike some.

This message was not to you so move on. you are embarrassing yourself.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Keep of the sauce. I am a patriot and I wont quit or apologies for it. I will stick by my believe that there are some posters on here who want to see the demise of the UK and because of Brexit, are waiting for the UK to have an economic turmoil. I find that alarming and unpatriotic.

I have given many balanced arguments and not just recently jumped on the Brexit bandwagon here. I have been posting on the subject before the referendum, unlike some.

This message was not to you so move on. you are embarrassing yourself.

I’ll comment on any discussion that the owners of this forum leave open for comment.

You don’t own the plot on patriotism, that you feel the need to refer to your patriotism while accusing those you do not agree with of ‘hating the country’ is not a reasoned argument, it is wrapping yourself in the flag.

Samuel Johnson has enough to say on that matter.

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I too am a British citizen. I voted in the last referendum and would vote in the next referendum, if there were to be one. Some of your posts have been racist and xenophobic. Even this post hints at your racism ("I still remember you defending a certain religion"). I am a patriot, you are a nationalist. I want what's best for the future of my country. You just want to pander to your island nation, xenophobic views. I too have permanently retired to Thailand, and could make myself feel all warm and cozy by taking a Rule Britannia attitude, as I did in '75 when I voted against joining the EEC. However, I have 2 children, in the UK, and my main concern is for them to live in a country with a bright economic future which is why I voted remain in 2016 and would do the same again.

You should stop listening to the little racist thug, Tommy Robinson and self promoting Nigel Farage, the Enoch Powell of the 21st century. If we leave Europe, particularly with a no deal Brexit, the nation will fail and take many years to recover, if ever. This isn't project fear it's based on sound economic facts, not the factless, head in the sand, it'll be all right on the night, nonsense, pushed by the upper class, right wing, conservative grandees, for whom it will be alright on the night.

You do have a voice and an opinion however, it's easy to discredit as it's nonsensical B.S.

Archived