Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Recommended agent/estate company to sell house

Marvin70

Hi, Looking for recommendation(s) for a (real) real estate agent/company in order to sell our home. Our property is located in Hang-Dong, near Kard Farang.
There is a 'bush' of agents around the internet/Facebook. Just looking for a decent one. Commissions to pay is very reasonable and worth to make the deal.
Wondering if any members in here does have some recommendation. It's a house/villa valued between 15-18M. Started with a real estate company, but seems nowadays

they are keen to sell low to mid prices to mostly Chinese. (such as condo's/townhouses). Thanks for your help/recommendations in advance.

I second Perfect Homes. Ask for Simon Bradshaw. 

But as you know, no agent can sell at unrealistic prices though all get criticized for not being able to do so! But PH wont mess you about and waste your time, if they think you have an unrealistic expectation, they will tell you- and may not agree to list if so, as they are usually pretty busy in my experience.

But they know the market and are used to working in Hand Dong in upper price ranges.

11 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

I have dealt with perfect homes before and they are very good. Helpful staff who speak good English.

4 hours ago, beau thai said:

But as you know, no agent can sell at unrealistic prices though all get criticized for not being able to do so! But PH wont mess you about and waste your time, if they think you have an unrealistic expectation, they will tell you- and may not agree to list if so, as they are usually pretty busy in my experience.

But they know the market and are used to working in Hand Dong in upper price ranges.

Beau what business exactly have you done with perfect homes. sold property, rented property bought property 

I would FSBO and post in the facebook groups, as well as www.bahtandsold.com...I sold last year by posting for free on www.ddproperty.com...which is very big in SEA.  Homes in that range can sit for years....by the time you price aggressively enough to get action, and allow for huge land office fees...the 3% commission becomes significant.  

When I do use an agent, it will be one with recent sales in the very immediate area, and if they live near, even better.  Many of the moo baans have a resident realtor in the front office...very important for people driving around looking. They might even have a few buyers in the wings, but be careful of them trying to arbitrage.  I have sold 9 homes over the years and did FSBO 4 times.  Escrow companies make it easier in the US, but you just have to be very specific about land office fees, or there will be drama.....and buyers may have their own schemes to get lower fees...Agree to pay the first x amount...maybe 5% of sale price...then write the sales price minus the 5%.....then the buyer will have less incentive to cheat.  But, the land office culture can vary widely..(but not as much as Immigration).

19 hours ago, beau thai said:

you sound like an add for PH more like a friend wouldn't you say

Most of the agents are a waste of space and there are a lot of them. However there is no reason why you should not put your property with all of them as they must just stumble upon a suitable buyer by mistake.

Also put signs outside the house and you may just avoid commission. Put it on Facebook and other social media,let all your friends colleagues know, they can spread the word.

Chances are if your house is second hand it may be difficult to sell and probably below your expectations so be aware of that.

17 hours ago, Thailand said:

Most of the agents are a waste of space and there are a lot of them.

True.  Most have little idea about how to value or market a property, particularly to non-Thais.  Look at the "For Sale" signs they put up - Multi lingual? Decent contact details? Website address (or better still, QR code direct to the property particulars)?

17 hours ago, Thailand said:

there is no reason why you should not put your property with all of them as they must just stumble upon a suitable buyer by mistake.

Listing your property with loads of agents (many of whom will be second rate) simply results in less effort from each, wasted time showing unsuitable prospects around and often a higher commission rate.  Maybe go with more than one if they can demonstrate they are aiming at different potential buyers, for example strong Chinese connections but little local presence or a serious BKK office if you have a high end place to sell.  Sole agency for an agreed period is quite a good way to go, I found in the UK at least.

Decent agents advertise, network and proactively seek out buyers.  They don't just stumble across them by mistake.

19 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

you sound like an add for PH more like a friend wouldn't you say

To clarify, I first met them as agents recommended by a farang years ago. Then we became friends as well, like many of their clients. And many deals later we are still friends which is more than can be said for many agents I have used in my home country.

I have owned agents corporately back home and you will not be amazed that not all were hard working honest and fair!!

The OP asked for recommendations. I have given one. Hardly an Ad!

4 hours ago, beau thai said:

To clarify, I first met them as agents recommended by a farang years ago. Then we became friends as well, like many of their clients. And many deals later we are still friends which is more than can be said for many agents I have used in my home country.

I have owned agents corporately back home and you will not be amazed that not all were hard working honest and fair!!

I'm not disputing any of the facts that you announced about PH. I am saying that you went into minute detail about how they choose to accept of not accept a listing. Far more information then a client would be made privy to. Thats what inspired me to make that remark. The success of that business is networking so it doesn't surprise me that you've made friends with the owner. Face book works on the same principle (how many friends so you have on face book?) I too know a great deal of real estate agents in my home country and find that the majority work hard, are not duplicitous and split their loyalties between the buyer (with the money) and the sellers

2 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

I'm not disputing any of the facts that you announced about PH. I am saying that you went into minute detail about how they choose to accept of not accept a listing. Far more information then a client would be made privy to. Thats what inspired me to make that remark. The success of that business is networking so it doesn't surprise me that you've made friends with the owner. Face book works on the same principle (how many friends so you have on face book?) I too know a great deal of real estate agents in my home country and find that the majority work hard, are not duplicitous and split their loyalties between the buyer (with the money) and the sellers

Hardly minute detail!!

Just common sense observed and confirmed in conversations, and as I said I have been in the business myself

.  Of course you are nit picking, which is not unusual on Thai visa, but not helpful to OP

End of

3 hours ago, beau thai said:

Hardly minute detail!!

Just common sense observed and confirmed in conversations, and as I said I have been in the business myself

.  Of course you are nit picking, which is not unusual on Thai visa, but not helpful to OP

End of

that's not entirely true beau. If the advice that you are giving is biased based on a personal relationship that you admitted to then your advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, moontang said:

I would FSBO and post in the facebook groups, as well as www.bahtandsold.com...I sold last year by posting for free on www.ddproperty.com...which is very big in SEA.  Homes in that range can sit for years....by the time you price aggressively enough to get action, and allow for huge land office fees...the 3% commission becomes significant.  

When I do use an agent, it will be one with recent sales in the very immediate area, and if they live near, even better.  Many of the moo baans have a resident realtor in the front office...very important for people driving around looking. They might even have a few buyers in the wings, but be careful of them trying to arbitrage.  I have sold 9 homes over the years and did FSBO 4 times.  Escrow companies make it easier in the US, but you just have to be very specific about land office fees, or there will be drama.....and buyers may have their own schemes to get lower fees...Agree to pay the first x amount...maybe 5% of sale price...then write the sales price minus the 5%.....then the buyer will have less incentive to cheat.  But, the land office culture can vary widely..(but not as much as Immigration).

excellent useful contribution 

Do it yourself , I have now owned and sold 3 businesses in Thailand  over past 15 or so years

each time I used a dozen of agents and brokers , some claiming to be biggest and best broker networks in SEA

Wity each business, none of them brought a genuine buyer , not a single one.

Each sale was me and buyers I found.

To make matters worse, none of them followed my guidelines and each and every time showed up late.

Thank you all for your input, advice and recommendations. I have tried an agent mentioned in this post, but learned that once it is more than 15 kms from their office (service area) they come with unrealistic low prices or arguments why it should be low, they don't really know or service the area. We will have 3 more agencies visiting in a short period, all from around our area and will post the results. Any further recommendation(s) are still very welcome. Thanks!

Hello Marvin, If you would like an agent you can find them easily on Facebook Real Estate Groups or you can contact them directly to their company website or phone. Perfect Home, Fazwaz and Chiang Mai property are pretty famous. However, I am also an agent if you would like to sell with me please send me a private message. Thank you ????  

On 2/10/2019 at 11:14 PM, cmtg1 said:

that's not entirely true beau. If the advice that you are giving is biased based on a personal relationship that you admitted to then your advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

Really??! Just think about what you wrote, just think for a nano second.

You dont know me, but just assume, to humour me, that I may be at least half way sensible.

So how likely is is that I would become friendly with an agent (or any other business person) who treated me badly or unfairly? And how likely do you think it is that I would keep returning to do more business with them?

These are4 rhetorical questions to  which I do not need an answer. I am very happy to leave readers to draw their own conclusions.

Jeez, One answers a posters query honestly and get into a debate with a pedant who, for his own reasons, would prefer not to believe me.  Not Thaivisa at its best.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, beau thai said:

Often times a real estate company will put an unrealistic LOW price on a piece of real estate and refuse listings at a market prices to make it appear that they can move inventory quickly. I'm not saying this is the case but anybody can sell apples at a penny an apple. It takes a salesperson to sell them at market price when other merchants are selling the same product at the same price. sitting in an office waiting for a client to stumble on your website and show interest is not selling in my opinion. Few agencies actually promote their products and generate interest

2 hours ago, beau thai said:

Really??! Just think about what you wrote, just think for a nano second.

You dont know me, but just assume, to humour me, that I may be at least half way sensible.

So how likely is is that I would become friendly with an agent (or any other business person) who treated me badly or unfairly? And how likely do you think it is that I would keep returning to do more business with them?

These are4 rhetorical questions to  which I do not need an answer. I am very happy to leave readers to draw their own conclusions.

Jeez, One answers a posters query honestly and get into a debate with a pedant who, for his own reasons, would prefer not to believe me.  Not Thaivisa at its best.

I count only two rhetorical questions so much for your credibility

Slightly off topic but does anyone understand how foreigners are allowed to be real estate agents here? There are for example a couple of Russian ladies catering to the Russian community apparently, who between them have dozens and dozens of listings, and have had for years now. I even saw some listings recently by a Nigerian guy with excellent Thai language skills. And then, how are these Russians able to hold title? Most of the Russians in the C.M. community that I am aware of are not with Thai spouses but have Russian families here. None of it makes any sense to me.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:10 PM, Marvin70 said:

Thank you all for your input, advice and recommendations. I have tried an agent mentioned in this post, but learned that once it is more than 15 kms from their office (service area) they come with unrealistic low prices or arguments why it should be low, they don't really know or service the area. We will have 3 more agencies visiting in a short period, all from around our area and will post the results. Any further recommendation(s) are still very welcome. Thanks!

You may well find you are better off dealing with someone very local, but be aware that the prices you see advertised or discussed in the local noodle shop or watering hole are almost always exaggerated (often hugely) to save the seller's face or boost the ego of neighbours who want to feel their property is worth more than it would really fetch.

Don’t you. Because you perceive yourself as a friend, you are doing exactly what they want you to do. That is writing a glowing review which may or may it be accurate. I’m sure that you have a lifelong friend beau and will continue to write glowing 5 star references

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well a slight update so far...
Actually we have/had 3 properties to sell; house, factory and a condo in the city.
The first which sold is our factory; not by a real estate agent, but by a local (who get the commission) who know people.
The second; our condo; not by a real estate agent, but by the the receptionist at the condominium. (who get the commission)

The third and still to sell is our house, but there is some interest for views through real estate agent who we contracted. Not a big player, but the will have about maximum 30 properties in their portfolio. Fingers crossed...
Next week we will put a sign outside the house (not a pvc flag, but a decent acrylic banner) as we believe that locally is proven to sell best. Like the first and second property.
Nowadays property websites and Facebook are 'overloaded'. 
I'll keep updated as we have the last of 3 to sale.

Archived