Police threaten trash-burners with 7 years in jail

Rimmer

On 2/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, wgdanson said:

In the village where I live, there is no garbage collection (My Old Man doesn't exist) so we must burn some of it in our back garden. But we do it in a concrete pipe lifted off the ground so air can get under the fire, so it's all done in a short time with not much smoke. No alternative.

Can't you just put it in one of the many blue bins found everywhere around Pattaya?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no reason whatsoever, for every single village in this nation, to not have trash pickup. It is NOT about the money, as many are fond of saying. It is about sloth, indifference, total lack of concern about the environment, and total indifference on the part of this administration, who are incompetent beyond the furthest reaches of one's imagination. The lack of waste disposal, means people are forced to burn their trash, or dump it besides the road, which creates a giant waste dump, out of the countryside. It is an abomination. And there is no excuse for it. For the police to be picking on small farmers, who are burning a small amount of trash, when they should be going after the cane growers, and owners of diesel vehicles, that are not maintained, shows how incompetent and misguided the authorities are. Those are the real culprits. Shut down the cane farms. Confiscate the trucks and pickups that are billowing noxious black clouds of smoke. 

3 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Is this no burning rubbish law for all of Thailand, or just urban areas ?
We have a problem with a neighbour who burns his rubbish in the garden.

Had one neighbour, expat, who did that so I just rigged up a hose and sprayed it.

His wife also just liked to throw stuff over the wall into the Soi so I just threw it back. They moved after 3 months and told everybody we were terrible neighbours.

Archived