Visa question

Hi 

I have been in Thailand since 7 December 2018 using Tourist Visa and prior to that i used up 6 trips as Visa exempt entries.  I recently left BKK in Jan 2019 for about 10 days to London and during that time i applied for Re-Entry and extension of 30 days.  I plan to leave BKK in March to London again.  If i plan to re-enter Thailand within March again would that be possible and if so how?  My re-entry into BKK in Jan had no issues at that time without question, i guess that was dependent on the immigration officer

OP, I realize you attempted to give a history...but its not really clear. For example visa exempt could mean 6 months. Could mean a year if all extended by 30 days.

I suggest a complete list of entries. How long, how long between entries. Setv,s history. As above member correctly mentioned the io may refuse entry even if you have a visa. The most difficult place to entry is bkk airports other than rogue border crossing.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

so in 2018 I went to bkk on 6 occasions on Visa Exempt for about 10-20 days per period

Dec 2018 I applied for SETV and in Jan 2019 I left BKK to go to London.  That time i applied for Re-Entry and a further 30 day Extension to SETV.  My time will expire around March 5th.  I then plan to go London for a couple of weeks.  Any chance i be opened for a return to BKK to see my GF

7 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

so in 2018 I went to bkk on 6 occasions on Visa Exempt for about 10-20 days per period

Dec 2018 I applied for SETV and in Jan 2019 I left BKK to go to London.  That time i applied for Re-Entry and a further 30 day Extension to SETV.  My time will expire around March 5th.  I then plan to go London for a couple of weeks.  Any chance i be opened for a return to BKK to see my GF

OK....have better picture now. Sounds like in DEC you obtained a setv. BEFORE leaving Thailand you applied for a reentry permit. Also have extended your setv by 30 day seeing you through till early march. Given you stayed relatively short periods on your visa exempt and didnt extend them and have only had one setv so far I can't see why you would be refused entry with a valid visa (your next one). Given your situation have you considered a METV. Not our business but is there some reason need to return to UK (esp for couple of weeks) Being UK your visa exempt to Vietnam and could easily obtain a setv there. Chilled joint and overnight turn around on the visa. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

so from Vietnam to BKK?  Via DMK?

Yes you could fly Saigon to DM. 

If you had more setv,s and it was bit risky flying into bkk, I would suggest a trip to Vientiane for a setv. No problem to enter there border crossing. 

On 2/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, DLW Thailand said:

Why you keep coming back to Thailand?  will be question in IO's mind. Prepare for that.

Just be honest. Tell them you met a woman here that you happen to care for. You don't have to be specific.