More Television Stations

catnip

Hello, currently I am in Bangkok, happy at my little apartment with the exception that my tv only gets some Thai channels, DW, Austailian tv, French tv, and BBC. I am not getting CNN. I have not paid for any cable or satelite package and wanted to know if there are any that have a lot more channels and choices in english. I love DW and all the rest, but I just want some American news and programming. Please help!!! thank you catnip

Hello, currently I am in Bangkok, happy at my little apartment with the exception that my tv only gets some Thai channels, DW, Austailian tv, French tv, and BBC. I am not getting CNN. I have not paid for any cable or satelite package and wanted to know if there are any that have a lot more channels and choices in english. I love DW and all the rest, but I just want some American news and programming. Please help!!! thank you catnip

I noticed that too but I got FoxNews and BBC.

Usually your apartment building will have 4 or 5 cable boxes in the lobby area that they control to pick the channels for everyone in the building. If you want them to change to CNN just go ask.

Frequently I'll be watching a movie or something and then the 'master controler of the cable' changes the channel to some football game and I'm screwed.

It works both ways though - your requests screw other watchers.

Hello, currently I am in Bangkok, happy at my little apartment with the exception that my tv only gets some Thai channels, DW, Austailian tv, French tv, and BBC. I am not getting CNN...... Please help!!! thank you catnip

If is really important to you, you can possibly get a cable satellite and then get wire dropped to your apt. You would need to get your condo Juristic person's permission, an okay from True/UBC or whomever to insure you have correct directional orientation to the satellite signal (southern direction I think).

Could be expensive (about $400 installation cost when I tried a few years ago) but alas the Juris. Person office at my condo would not okay it so UBC couldn't do it.

In addition, you would be paying monthly cable fees each month of up to 2100 baht for the platinum pkg including cnn, bbc and all others available in that package.

I cannot honestly imagine why anyone would want Chicken Noodle News..... apart from a semiliterate half wit that is... and don't let's get started on Fox News..... You have the BBC, DW and (obviously) the internet. Ever tried newsdirectories.com?? find what other countries have to offer.

Edited by tolsti

I cannot honestly imagine why anyone would want Chicken Noodle News..... You have the BBC

Maybe because the BBC is a Boring, Boring Channel... :o

Thank you for all your quick responses. I'll check in the lobby about the cable boxes. catnip

I cannot honestly imagine why anyone would want Chicken Noodle News..... apart from a semiliterate half wit that is... and don't let's get started on Fox News..... You have the BBC, DW and (obviously) the internet. Ever tried newsdirectories.com?? find what other countries have to offer.

This post kind of puts you in the semi-literate, halfwit crowd; wouldn't you think?