Trump says his meeting with North Korea's Kim will be held in Hanoi

rooster59

Trump says his meeting with North Korea's Kim will be held in Hanoi

800x800 (2).jpg

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump steps off his plane as he arrives at Paya Lebar Air Base in Singapore, ahead of a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, June 10, 2018. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday his meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un later this month will be held in Hanoi.

"My representatives have just left North Korea after a very productive meeting and an agreed upon time and date for the second Summit with Kim Jong Un. It will take place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on February 27 & 28," Trump said on Twitter.

"I look forward to seeing Chairman Kim & advancing the cause of peace!" he said.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-09

17 hours ago, longtom said:

Trump still going for the nobel peace price it seems.

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

it is now almost impossible for a conservative to get a nobel peace prize. Obama on the other hand was awarded it after 7 months in office and then went on to start bombing operations over 5 more countries around the world. I would have to say it really looks like trump should get the prize. I still cant believe he has diffused the Korea situation.

10 hours ago, guest879 said:

I would have to say it really looks like trump should get the prize.

Pretty sure he needs to be nominated first?

10 hours ago, guest879 said:

I still cant believe he has diffused the Korea situation.

You're not alone, no one believes it.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:26 PM, guest879 said:

it is now almost impossible for a conservative to get a nobel peace prize. Obama on the other hand was awarded it after 7 months in office and then went on to start bombing operations over 5 more countries around the world. I would have to say it really looks like trump should get the prize. I still cant believe he has diffused the Korea situation.

"Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize — but he did so at the U.S. government’s prompting, according to a Sunday report in Japan’s Asahi Shimbun. The U.S. had “informally” asked Japan to nominate Trump for the accolade following the president’s landmark summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the newspaper said, citing unnamed sources."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/02/17/japans-leader-nominated-trump-for-nobel-prize-at-washingtons-urging-report/23671406/

41 minutes ago, Opl said:

"Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize — but he did so at the U.S. government’s prompting, according to a Sunday report in Japan’s Asahi Shimbun. The U.S. had “informally” asked Japan to nominate Trump for the accolade following the president’s landmark summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the newspaper said, citing unnamed sources."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/02/17/japans-leader-nominated-trump-for-nobel-prize-at-washingtons-urging-report/23671406/

Huffington post

"citing unnamed sources"

Highly likely to not be true 

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Huffington post

"citing unnamed sources"

Highly likely to not be true 

From where do you come up with this stuff?

"The Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun reported Sunday that Abe had indeed written a five-page letter recommending Trump to the Norwegian Nobel Committee, but had done so only after the US administration had “informally” asked for it following Trump’s summit with Kim in Singapore in June."
https://www.timesofisrael.com/japans-pm-nominates-trump-for-nobel-reportedly-at-washingtons-request/

Archived