Intermixed question on renewal and residency

Hi,

Last time I went to the DLT to renew my driving licence, it was denied, because my Work Permit only states the location of the school, but not where I actually live.

So, I went to Immigration at CW and they said we cannot give you a proof of residency, because your non-B visa is new, and it did not have a 90 days stamp

yet. Now, three months later, I have the 90 day stamp of course. So would the Immigration people give me a proof of residence, if I provided them with my house rental contract?

This leads me to my last question? How much does a proof of residency cost? I have heard horror stories of 10,500 baht. 

TX,

Peter

If you have done a 90 day report you should be able to get certificate of residency at Chaeng Wattana.

If you use the same address that you used when you applied for the extension you will not need any additional proof it.

They charge a 200 baht fee that includes them sending it to you by EMS in about 3 weeks.

13 hours ago, Peter Knox said:

This leads me to my last question? How much does a proof of residency cost? I have heard horror stories of 10,500 baht. 

Got to one of those large Motorbike/Car licensing and registration shop. They can do it for 500/800 baht fee. You can also get one from your embassy, I hear. 

Edited by onera1961