Change UK marriage cert to Thai.

I have done the retirement visa for so many years,but i dont fancy keeping 400,000 baht in my account permanantly,so would like to change to marriage,but we got married in the UK over 22 years ago ,what do i have to do regarding getting my marriage cert accepted in Thailand? Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The first step will be having your uK marriage certificate legalized. Info for doing it is here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714089/Legalisation_info_June_2018.pdf

Then you will have to have it translated to Thai and then have the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Then you will be able to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry to prove it was registered.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:
The first step will be having your uK marriage certificate legalized. Info for doing it is here.
 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714089/Legalisation_info_June_2018.pdf
Then you will have to have it translated to Thai and then have the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.
Then you will be able to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry to prove it was registered.

Thanks very much,i will be in the uk soon so will at least get the Milton keynes bit sorted ,after that it will be a nightmare dealing with the Thai Embassy in London if what they were like before is anything to go by lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Thanks very much,i will be in the uk soon so will at least get the Milton keynes bit sorted ,after that it will be a nightmare dealing with the Thai Embassy in London if what they were like before is anything to go by lol

It should not be all that bad. They have accepted them by post. You would have to send a prepaid return envelope with it.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/81905-Legalisation.html

• Like 1

Went through the process in Nov 2017.

Easy to get certified cert from Milton Keynes by post

Easy to get Thai Consulate to certify & return to UK address by post (1 week)

Attended MFA in Feb 2018. Got the certificate translated there (took 3hrs because the guy said he had not done a Scottish Cert before and needed time to format the copy translation layout?? ,,,,,,,, said English Cert 1 hr). MFA sent Cert in post to Thai address. I understand they no longer do a 1 day service and that it takes 3 days if you plan to pick it up.

Local Ampur issued the KP22 within a couple of hours but we needed the village head to come with us,

All easy in our case and hope the information above helps