Residence Certificate

I need a residence certificate from immigration to renew my driver's license.  Normally this wouldn't be a concern, but here's my situation:

My wife and I are renting a house and she's on the lease but I'm not.  In theory we could change the lease to add my name, but I don't want to bother the landlord if it's not entirely necessary.  For one thing she lives far from here and it would be a headache just dealing with Thai Post/EMS.

However, my wife does own a house in different province than the one we're living in (800 km from present location) and I'm listed on the tabien bahn.  

So basically I have two questions:

1. Will my local immigration office give me a residence certificate for a tabien bahn from another province?  
  2. Will the local Transport Dept. renew my license with a residence certificate that is based on a tabien bahn from another province?

Thanks very much.

????

If you are listed in a yellow tabien bahn, you shouldn't need a certificate of residence from immigration. The tabien bahn will serve as proof of address. I renewed my license a couple of months ago at the DLT in Lamphun, showing my yellow tabien bahn from Bangkok.

There are one or two places (Pattaya comes to mind), where the DLT for unknown reasons won't accept a yellow tabien bahn. Also, the requirements at immigration for issuing a certificate of residence are not the same in all provinces, so it might be a good idea to mention where you are going to renew your license.

Sophon

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will only do the residence certificate for the province where you are living.

They will issue one for the house you wife is renting. There is no requirement for the rental agreement to be in your name.

Thanks for your reply, ubonjoe.

Sometimes I'm not all that bright, so just to clarify:

If only my wife's name is on a rental contract in Phayao, the Phayao immigration office will issue me a residence certificate?

And should I assume that if the Phayao immigration office does issue the residence certificate, then the Phayao Transport Office will accept it?

BTW, I should have mentioned earlier that I'm on a one year, multi-entry non O visa.

Thanks again.  ????

7 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

If only my wife's name is on a rental contract in Phayao, the Phayao immigration office will issue me a residence certificate?

Yes they should if you prove you are married. 

And should I assume that if the Phayao immigration office does issue the residence certificate, then the Phayao Transport Office will accept it?

Yes

BTW, I should have mentioned earlier that I'm on a one year, multi-entry non O visa.

They might want you wife to do TM30 report if it has not been done before.

Some offices might not do the certificate of residency if you are on a 90 day entry from a non-o visa.