Forum upgrade in progress! ×

British cabinet ministers believe PM May preparing to resign: The Sun

webfact

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

More likely she has a bloody backside. For the last 2 years, she's been taking it up the jacksy from the EU and her own party grandees. A trouper who has taken one many for the team.

May was never PM material but nobody was going to get a positive Brexit as was promised by the leave campaigners at the time.  That is why nobody else stepped up and still won't step up today.  They all saw it for what it was,  "Project not a hope in hell".

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

And she will only ever be remembered as a loser, a non dealer, a lackey to Europe.

Nope, lackey to her party grandees. They just wind her up and point her at Barnier, Tusk, et al.

7 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The Know-Nothing Nobodies are largely on the Hard Brexit side.

You never listened to James Bond movie themes.

No Body Does It Better.

No bodies are what Nixon called the "silent majority".

Except we are pissed off at the silence.

We want what the majority wants and we will not be silenced by smart arse comments

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

With a very difficult job to do, with a lot of opposition from her own party, most of whom have offered nothing but non-constructive criticism, she has stuck with it and proved to be easily the best of a poor bunch.  I believe she will get an acceptable deal from the EU, of course at the eleventh hour.  The country will thank her but she should not expect any thanks from the non-loyal members of her own party.  Even so, I would not be at all surprised to see her lead the Tories into the next election and win, with Corbyn totally discredited over his stance on Brexit and his untimely and utterly selfish calls for a General Election.

"I believe she will get an acceptable deal from the EU, of course at the eleventh hour."

This is what I am hoping for. That she's playing it just right, and that the EU will actually make concessions at the eleventh hour under pressure from Merkel and co. 

I'm hoping this portrayal of a woman who can't negotiate for toffee is all a ruse, and that she'll come through with a decent deal for the UK having fooled us all into thinking she doesn't have what it takes. Then she can resign with her head held high, and take up knitting. 

What would really p me off is if after 2.5 years of fumbling and conceding, she caves in to the EU / remain MPs, and then resigns! 

3 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

If that's the case, please let it not be Johnson or Rees- Mogg who succeeds her.

You've 2 out of the 3 candidates, throw in Gormless Gove and you've got the full set. One thing's for certain, they'll be Eton and Oxford educated.

29 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There never was a "her way". The only way was the EU way or the highway. Do you think that she had any real input into the deal she put to parliament?

BS. Her way was the direct result of her own bloody red lines. Without those there were a host of options.

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

With a very difficult job to do, with a lot of opposition from her own party, most of whom have offered nothing but non-constructive criticism, she has stuck with it and proved to be easily the best of a poor bunch.  I believe she will get an acceptable deal from the EU, of course at the eleventh hour.  The country will thank her but she should not expect any thanks from the non-loyal members of her own party.  Even so, I would not be at all surprised to see her lead the Tories into the next election and win, with Corbyn totally discredited over his stance on Brexit and his untimely and utterly selfish calls for a General Election.

But she has already said that she will not lead the Tory's at the next election.

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

"I believe she will get an acceptable deal from the EU, of course at the eleventh hour."

This is what I am hoping for. That she's playing it just right, and that the EU will actually make concessions at the eleventh hour under pressure from Merkel and co. 

I'm hoping this portrayal of a woman who can't negotiate for toffee is all a ruse, and that she'll come through with a decent deal for the UK having fooled us all into thinking she doesn't have what it takes. Then she can resign with her head held high, and take up knitting. 

What would really p me off is if after 2.5 years of fumbling and conceding, she caves in to the EU / remain MPs, and then resigns! 

She has got a deal and that is the one she has tried to get passed by parliament.  The deal is rubbish and let's everyone down.  Hence it was massively rejected by parliament. But it is still the deal she is desperately pushing. If you think that is "playing it just right" then I afraid you are not on the same page as the rest of us.

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:
12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I assume you have a poll to back this up - where Yougov asked 1000 Know-Nothing Nobodies which way they would vote? 

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/#

That poll shows that 19% responded don't know. That could represent a huge swing either way.  I suspect the silent ones are shy Leavers who don't want to upset the screaming abusive Remain element out there. 

Secondly, the poll is funded by the Evening Standard - George 'Remainiac' Osborne's baby. What a surprise! 

Lastly only 1017 people were asked the question. Hardly representative. 

Oh and p.s. the poll did not differentiate between Know-Nothing Nobodies and ordinary people, as SheungWan had suggested. 

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Sorry to be repetitive, but just so it's clear for this post too:

That poll shows that 19% responded don't know. That could represent a huge swing either way.  I suspect the silent ones are shy Leavers who don't want to upset the screaming abusive Remain element out there. 

Secondly, the poll is funded by the Evening Standard - George 'Remainiac' Osborne's baby. What a surprise! 

43 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There never was a "her way". The only way was the EU way or the highway. Do you think that she had any real input into the deal she put to parliament?

OK. If that is fact she still remains as the British least effective PM.

I live in Thailand. We are subject to a weekly spruik from the Junta Supreme Leader.

He makes more sence than May and is possibly less glib. lol 

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Largest circulation in the UK. Next a freebie on the bus, followed by Daily Mail.
Bet you don’t like either of those.

Do you remember 1992? “It’s The Sun Wot Won It”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I remember the filth those scum wrote after Hillsborough...

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:
23 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

She has got a deal and that is the one she has tried to get passed by parliament.  The deal is rubbish and let's everyone down.  Hence it was massively rejected by parliament. But it is still the deal she is desperately pushing. If you think that is "playing it just right" then I afraid you are not on the same page as the rest of us.

I think you misunderstood. I said: "she's playing it just right, and that the EU will actually make concessions at the eleventh hour".

In other words that the EU concede at the last minute and give us a deal that is actually good for both sides (as opposed to the current deal). 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think you misunderstood. I said: "she's playing it just right, and that the EU will actually make concessions at the eleventh hour".

In other words that the EU concede at the last minute and give us a deal that is actually good for both sides (as opposed to the current deal). 

Then why is she saying "this is the only deal on the table" and "it's my deal or no deal"? 

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Sorry to be repetitive, but just so it's clear for this post too:

You said "more than a thousand", isn't 1017 more than a thousand?

A lot more than 19% didn't vote in the referendum, ie didn't know, didn't care, couldn't be arsed.

Also suspect some could be "shy remainers" like me who get constant abuse from the hysterical Brexiteers.

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Largest circulation in the UK. Next a freebie on the bus, followed by Daily Mail.
Bet you don’t like either of those.

Do you remember 1992? “It’s The Sun Wot Won It”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Like I said it was obvious that May would leave once the fiasco of Brexit was signed off.  She said that to get MPs to back her in the confidence vote.  This is not news because it was always going to happen.

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I'm surprised she has not resigned before with all the pressure from the EU and British cabinet ministers lack of willingness to compromise.  Enough already!

Come on ….." strong and stable etc...."  you forgot ..? :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

So Brexiteers are dead set against another referendum, unless we remain. Got it.

You rarely get it. We had the referendum, so we don't need another one. If the result is ignored by this government then we'd have to vote another one in to do the job.

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You said "more than a thousand", isn't 1017 more than a thousand?

A lot more than 19% didn't vote in the referendum, ie didn't know, didn't care, couldn't be arsed.

Also suspect some could be "shy remainers" like me who get constant abuse from the hysterical Brexiteers.

Shy remainers like you. Wot a larf.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

You rarely get it. We had the referendum, so we don't need another one. If the result is ignored by this government then we'd have to vote another one in to do the job.

As the majority of MPs are closet remainers, what happens if we vote a remainer government in?

Archived