Video: "New Way to Fly!" Thai airport staffer rants at tourist over cabin baggage weight

webfact

Video: "New Way to Fly!" Thai airport staffer rants at tourist over cabin baggage weight

1pm.jpg

video screenshot

A video posted to the victims of crime site Red Skull featured a female Thai staffer at a gate at Don Muang directing an expletive laden rant in Thai at a foreign tourist about to board. 

The tourist had exceeded NewGen Airways policy of only allowing 5 kilograms in carry on baggage. 

Most airlines allow seven or eight kilos, said Komchadluek in their story. 

Another foreigner can also be seen angry with the tourist as the exasperated Thai woman continues shouting from behind the desk.

NewGen Airways concentrates on flights to and from China. 

Their motto is: "New Way to Fly". 

Source: Komchadluek

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

Good on her. I get sick of those airlines which allow people way over the carry on size and weight, meaning if the plane is more than two thirds full there is no space in the overheads. 

Everyone on cut price carriers are generally aware of the carry on luggage weight but are just too cheap to book themselves a checked in bag. 

Unsurprising they're chinese

In this world of international travel there needs to be international regulations governing luggage weights. A visitor on arrival from the US can have his normal sized bags loaded with no extra costs in LA. Then he flies internal and is told its oversized or too heavy. What can they do? As a tour manager that organised trips Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand I was constantly involved in these disputes because the airlines dont share a common rule. Some even had 15kgs for main check in and no tourists wants to be dumping clothes mid holiday. 

everyone is wrong here; the airline, the staff and the passenger

the airline needs to employ the right kind of people and train them appropriately, and have clear procedures in place to deal with such a situation - it happens all the time.

this situation should be dealt with in a calm and reasonable way. if the passenger refuses to comply remove him from the flight.

if he kicks off have security remove him to an appropriate holding area until he calms down.

1 hour ago, SamT said:

Good on her. I get sick of those airlines which allow people way over the carry on size and weight, meaning if the plane is more than two thirds full there is no space in the overheads. 

Everyone on cut price carriers are generally aware of the carry on luggage weight but are just too cheap to book themselves a checked in bag. 

Unsurprising they're chinese

gotta love the Indians as well

'20 kg, sir' 'no its 6 kg'. '

'No it isn't sir', 'yes it is'. 

'Ok-15 kg.' 'No sir', 'Ok- 10kg' ????

46 minutes ago, Thrip said:

Beware, the Land of Smiles can very quickly turn into the Land of Snarls if you don't play ball!

Also well possible the airline staff lady got the job and now thinks she is god / she has the right to be super bossy and yell at people, etc...

1 hour ago, SamT said:

True...but what always gets me is an airline getting excited if the 50 kilo passenger has a carry on bag a kilo or so over…yet the 150 kilo passenger with the small bag is just fine and meets all airline specs.

Plus, if you tried to discuss this specific point with the hostess she probably wouldn't have a clue what your talking about.

On the wider picture I've often wondered how the cabin staff would perform in a serious emergency. 

Probably tell the passengers to remove their shoes before they jump onto the slide then not remove their own shoes before they jump on the slide.

Chinese airline + chinese customer = trouble in LOS.... chinese principles don't fit with receiving orders/instructions, their small brain thinks """ I pay ticket can take luggage, I want to get off plane first, in front of everyone else, carry luggage she said 5 kilos, me have 5 kilos + 10, can do""""

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

It's just the Chinese way.

I was stuck on a delayed flight in Shanghai a year ago and staff was screaming their lungs out at each other. Five minutes later they were all joking around.

that's a standard procedure when boarding planes in China, cut line, extra weight, spit, shout, yelling screaming and usually (depending how loud) they get away with it and board the plane,,,,if you get lucky they won't sit next to you

With 10 million tourists from China arriving annually (averaging over 27,000 per day, then multiply x2...enter/exit), and imposing their cultural norms in etiquette, I'd become unglued and scream a little scream (just before I went postal).

I always wear one of these multipocket sports jackets and stuff the pockets to lighten my carry on bag load. Actually I think volume should be the criteria not the weight as overhead lockers are the limiting factor.

same with Thai bus transport now, charging for luggage, over a certain weight, (they got weighing scales set up by the bus luggage hold) i can understand airlines,(always has been) but bus transport,? never use to, its another way of getting money from travellers

Many years ago the wife and I checked in for a klm flight. The carry-on allowance was 7kg and we had 8kg in one bag and 6kg in another. Lady at the check-in counter made us move 1kg from one bag to the other, total jobsworth.

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

It's just the Chinese way.

I was stuck on a delayed flight in Shanghai a year ago and staff was screaming their lungs out at each other. Five minutes later they were all joking around.

They weren't shouting, Sir, but discussing things, Sir.

the other Chinese tourist that pointed at him said "you can't bring it on, no is no". Seems like that tourist kept on insisting to bring his suitcase on the plane. The staff was frustrated that he won't listen and won't remove the stuff / leave it for check in.

3 hours ago, anterian said:

I always wear one of these multipocket sports jackets and stuff the pockets to lighten my carry on bag load. Actually I think volume should be the criteria not the weight as overhead lockers are the limiting factor.

I get tired of (mosty ladies) who even can't lift their handluggage in the overhead compartment and demand me to help them.

Sometimes i just refuse it, depends on the way they ask me or how they look. It's not my ploblem that they overloaded their luggage.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

same with Thai bus transport now, charging for luggage, over a certain weight, (they got weighing scales set up by the bus luggage hold) i can understand airlines,(always has been) but bus transport,? never use to, its another way of getting money from travellers

The reason of these limitations is the safety/health of people who have to load/unload these heavy baggage. Several health organisations have set the limit to 50 pounds / 23 kg. This limit has been taken in airlines international rules, and several other sectors where people have to manage heavy loads. No real surprise in fact to see this rule applied to bus transport too.

I fly a lot and Im tired of these arsehats treating the overhead bins like its the tardis, bringing over stuffed bags plus a "personal item" which is often a big shopping bag.

It doesn't matter if your American, Indian, African or Chinese. They all do and its not acceptable or within the term and conditions of the ticket.

The limit is the limit.

Archived