AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes it's cheap, i don't use calls much because it's free using Line or messenger or WhatsApp etc. I have a balance of 100+ baht to cover any calls or texts i might make which is minimal

ya, but there are still times when you actually have to make a real regular phone call to a regular phone number where LINE or What's App isn't avail as a substitute.

The wife and I talk on the phone 100% of the time via the LINE voice and video call features during the day using mobile data or wifi on our smartphones. I can't remember the last time either of use made a regular mobile call to each other using calling plan minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sundown said:

4mbps is trash..

Finn Mobile has 699 baht/month unlimited data at FULL speed plus UNLIMITED regular calls.

Have had Finn Mobile for the last two years (I'm not on unlimited plan but I save 50% compared to my old AIS SIM) and cannot complain at all.

how is the coverage? never heard of this network

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Had a weird but typical experience with AIS lately...

The wife and I have been on the same AIS postpaid plan for the past year, 99 baht per month for 180 any network calling minutes, and then any data and SMS charged extra... Which was perfect for us, because we both have other main use SIMs and were just holding onto our original AIS numbers as backups/placeholders...

Now the weird part was, last week, AIS sent us both SMS messages saying our one-year plans were expiring and the best they could offer for the coming year was a 149b per month plan with the same 180 minutes and then unlimited 64 Kbps internet (the latter being pretty useless for almost anything).

I didn't really want to pay more for SIMs we really don't use much, so asked my wife to call AIS and see what could be done. She did, and they ended up offering her over the phone a different plan, supposedly something special because of the CV, that would keep our 99b per month / 180 minutes rate for at least the coming 3 months -- after sending us SMSs saying said plan wasn't available anymore.

So in the process, I was looking at the AIS website and AIS mobile app. Both the original plan we had and the newer 149b plan they originally offered both had Thai names. And neither of those could I find anywhere in the website or app. Nor could I find any calling minutes postpaid plan costing 99b or even 149b per month. I think the lowest postpaid plan with calling minutes I could find with them was something like 249b per month.

So, we're sticking with the 99b / 180 calling minutes plan for at least the coming 3 months. But it strikes me as reflecting an exceptional lack of transparency on AIS's part -- plans they claim are canceled that then are really not, low priced plans they offer, but don't seem to publicly list anywhere... Typical Thai stuff.

What did you expect ? they all are cheaters and absolutely do not care customers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buuge said:

It's the former LINE mobile MVNO service via DTAC's network. They changed their name some time back.  If you get good reception with DTAC, it will be the same with FINN.

2020-06-26-096.jpg.5cb0b66312602857754b32ee35592b4d.jpg

https://finnmobile.io/en/packages

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buuge said:

They use DTAC network. And you can switch between full speed data and reduced speed directly from the app. On reduced speed you have unlimited internet usage even on the smallest packages. Last year I had 179 baht package, this year 189 baht month. Used to pay 399 with AIS.

Ps: forgot one important perk you have also unlimited usage of LINE calls, LINE VIDEO, chat and LINE TV at full speed. (When using LINE it doesn't eat your data)

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So apart from the provided data, they have the ability to make calls for some specified X baht per minute rate that's charged against a top-up balance?

Dependent on the promo at the time, you could add unlimited calls for an extra 50 baht per month or 20 baht per week or simply pay the standard rate of around 1 baht per minute.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Had a weird but typical experience with AIS lately...

The wife and I have been on the same AIS postpaid plan for the past year, 99 baht per month for 180 any network calling minutes, and then any data and SMS charged extra... Which was perfect for us, because we both have other main use SIMs and were just holding onto our original AIS numbers as backups/placeholders...

Now the weird part was, last week, AIS sent us both SMS messages saying our one-year plans were expiring and the best they could offer for the coming year was a 149b per month plan with the same 180 minutes and then unlimited 64 Kbps internet (the latter being pretty useless for almost anything).

I didn't really want to pay more for SIMs we really don't use much, so asked my wife to call AIS and see what could be done. She did, and they ended up offering her over the phone a different plan, supposedly something special because of the CV, that would keep our 99b per month / 180 minutes rate for at least the coming 3 months -- after sending us SMSs saying said plan wasn't available anymore.

So in the process, I was looking at the AIS website and AIS mobile app. Both the original plan we had and the newer 149b plan they originally offered both had Thai names. And neither of those could I find anywhere in the website or app. Nor could I find any calling minutes postpaid plan costing 99b or even 149b per month. I think the lowest postpaid plan with calling minutes I could find with them was something like 249b per month.

So, we're sticking with the 99b / 180 calling minutes plan for at least the coming 3 months. But it strikes me as reflecting an exceptional lack of transparency on AIS's part -- plans they claim are canceled that then are really not, low priced plans they offer, but don't seem to publicly list anywhere... Typical Thai stuff.

Move your Postpaid SIM to Prepaid. Then you can keep the numbers alive by simply topping up 20 baht x 12 for it to maintain validity a year in advance. 480 baht per annum, which stays as credit on the SIM account.

Otherwise you are paying 2376 baht per annum for precisely nothing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sundown said:

4mbps is trash..

Finn Mobile has 699 baht/month unlimited data at FULL speed plus UNLIMITED regular calls.

Have had Finn Mobile for the last two years (I'm not on unlimited plan but I save 50% compared to my old AIS SIM) and cannot complain at all.

Full speed means nothing if they don't offer high speeds in your particular location. Both DTAC and Truemove H offer dismal speeds in my apartment. So their "full speed" would still be less than the 10 Mbps AIS package I run. 200 baht per month for unlimited usage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Full speed means nothing if they don't offer high speeds in your particular location. Both DTAC and Truemove H offer dismal speeds in my apartment. So their "full speed" would still be less than the 10 Mbps AIS package I run. 200 baht per month for unlimited usage.

Finn Mobile via DTAC does pretty well in my Central BKK/Sukhumvit location, certainly a lot better than 10 Mbps.

1183069247_2020-06-2713_50_55.jpg.5646a3e4f3874d15bdca7972ba5696b2.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Finn Mobile via DTAC does pretty well in my Central BKK/Sukhumvit location, certainly a lot better than 10 Mbps.

Same exact speeds in Phuket ???? Finn Mobile/DTAC

Screenshot_2020-06-27-14-13-39-434_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest~2.jpg

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's good. But not every experiences the same. So it depends on what you can get at your location.

Even full speed AIS in my apartment fails to exceed 20 Mbps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i signed up for the AIS unlimited 4mbps 12 month deal 2,500 baht, a lazy option really, I didn't want another sim or to change numbers. Anyway 39mbps this morning, yesterday the 1mbps was showing as 24+mbps so some improvement, who knows if and when it will be restricted to 4mbps

Screenshot_20200713-080110.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i signed up for the AIS unlimited 4mbps 12 month deal 2,500 baht, a lazy option really, I didn't want another sim or to change numbers. Anyway 39mbps this morning, yesterday the 1mbps was showing as 24+mbps so some improvement, who knows if and when it will be restricted to 4mbps

Screenshot_20200713-080110.png

What speed do you achieve if you actually download something, as opposed to that speed test?

Alternatively, try; https://testmy.net

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting. Only 4mbps, why do you think so different to Speedtest?

Screenshot_20200713-125445.png

Honestly don't have a clue. I just had a suspicion that the actual sustained download speed would be 4 Mbps on average.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, Sundown said:

4mbps is trash..

If ya need 100MBPS, then yeah that's a great deal. *If* is works at your location.  Sounds like it does for you.

I still think the AIS 10MBPS for 200B (inclusive of taxes) is the best deal around.  I don't really have a need for higher than 10MBPS on my phone.  I lived 3 weeks using it to tether my laptop and it was just fine as well.  I know the difference is only 500B but that 500B goes a long way in Thailand! ???? 

Fortunately for me, I use my "google voice" USA number for WhatsApp so I'm never married to a phone number and switch up SIMs whenever a sexier plan comes around.  Love this thread for the latest on the cheapest!

Edited by theWTD
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 6:23 AM, Eindhoven said:

Unlimited 10 Mbps has gone up to 300 baht with DTAC and Truemove H. Perhaps 349 with AIS. For the moment. Next month may bring a new promo.

And you will post the codes ? As it seems that you have insiders info ❤️

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 12:07 AM, JamJar said:

To prevent you from bumping every old thread you can find

To prevent you from bumping every old thread you can find;

For AIS SIM registered before the 1st of Feb;

1 Mbps

3 months *777*7379# 800 baht incl

6 months *777*7328# 1200 baht incl

12 months *777*7329# 1800 baht incl

For Truemove H SIM registered before the 1st of Feb;

Truemove H 12 months 1 Mbps *900*9960# 1926 baht incl

For new AIS SIM;

Activate a new SIM with AIS by 15/07/2019 and apply *777*919# for 70 GB of 4 Mbps data for 200 baht each month

If ok with 32 GB per month for 100 baht, dial *777*918#

Auto renewal for 12 months. Tax included.

For new Truemove H SIM;

Open a new Truemove H SIM before the end of the month and apply *900*9605# for 70 GB of 4 Mbps data for 200 baht. Includes free calls to all networks. Auto renewal for 12 months. Tax included.

Now please...for the love of...

Hi, do you know if any promotion is available now ?

I found this but not sure if it's only for 1 month or 1 year at 300 thb / month:

No photo description available.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 6:23 AM, Eindhoven said:

Unlimited 10 Mbps has gone up to 300 baht with DTAC and Truemove H. Perhaps 349 with AIS. For the moment. Next month may bring a new promo.

Can you please tell me if you are talking about this one ?

Is it only for new SIM ? Nothing available for older SIM ?

106142975_3210703742325443_5487105555075449876_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=GBQ3sZSX_MwAX9tXguH&_nc_oc=AQlnvoaX-2-kf12YrgkXfiWEB0BBZ8YqPY2inBA6mkLx4rcczjEkm9tunnBC0dplrJA&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=999649cdba1a072e599de9cb401f46da&oe=5F3EE9FC

On 6/17/2020 at 12:03 AM, salsajapan said:

New AIS promotion unlimited until end of the month for 200thb / month

why paying for a full year when you can pay monthly and get it cheaper ?

image.png.3b004ad49a8c060521bea14cbc682799.png

Not available anymore ?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 5:28 PM, scoupeo said:

Can you please tell me if you are talking about this one ?

Is it only for new SIM ? Nothing available for older SIM ?

106142975_3210703742325443_5487105555075449876_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=GBQ3sZSX_MwAX9tXguH&_nc_oc=AQlnvoaX-2-kf12YrgkXfiWEB0BBZ8YqPY2inBA6mkLx4rcczjEkm9tunnBC0dplrJA&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=999649cdba1a072e599de9cb401f46da&oe=5F3EE9FC

Yes, that is the current AIS offer for new SIMs. Auto-renews for six months. 50 baht per month extra if you want unlimited free calls included(15 mins per call).

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 5:19 PM, scoupeo said:

Hi, do you know if any promotion is available now ?

Older SIM registered before 1st of Feb 2019 are eligible for Unlimited 1 Mbps, 4 Mbps and 10 Mbps, though at higher prices than the new SIM promo. 90 days of unlimited 10 Mbps @ 1926 baht for instance.

• Like 1

Product details of SIM Thep Unlimited Internet 8-10 Mbps Free call to all networks Not reducing speed. Can be used for 1 full year. AIS

Just for info, I bought the above SIM from Lazada last week for B1950 and it works well. A few different sellers. I had True 4mbps for the last year. It worked well for the first 9 months but for some reason slowed to around 2-2.5 when Covid set in.

• Like 2

Well I had the 200B 10MBPS plan and forgot to load 200B. Just loaded it after getting an SMS that there wasn't enough credit.  Will it still renew or have I lost it?  I think its gone right? ????  Oops.  And now I have 200B I can't use.

I got another phone the other day and AIS has a 200B, 10MPBS, 32GB limit.  So almost the same just limited to 32GB which I only exceeded once when I was tethering my laptop.  

EDIT: After adding the 200B, it deducted credit and renewed the policy 10 mins later.  Rather nice of them!

Edited by theWTD

11 hours ago, theWTD said:

Well I had the 200B 10MBPS plan and forgot to load 200B. Just loaded it after getting an SMS that there wasn't enough credit.  Will it still renew or have I lost it?  I think its gone right? ????  Oops.  And now I have 200B I can't use.

I got another phone the other day and AIS has a 200B, 10MPBS, 32GB limit.  So almost the same just limited to 32GB which I only exceeded once when I was tethering my laptop.  

EDIT: After adding the 200B, it deducted credit and renewed the policy 10 mins later.  Rather nice of them!

It's normal. It will auto-renew for up to twelve months, so will check for credit over some days before giving up. Worst case you reapply the original code to revive. But usually adding credit will do it.

• Like 2