AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of better unlimited plans than the AIS 10Mbps?  200baht/month is a great price, but I'd like a more speed.  I use my phone as a hotspot for other devices.

I could get a pocket wifi and another SIM, then bond the two together to create a 20Mbit connection, but I'd need some expensive hardware to bond the two connections together and it would still limit the speed to 10Mbit on the phone.

Any faster unlimited out there?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Anyone know of better unlimited plans than the AIS 10Mbps?  200baht/month is a great price, but I'd like a more speed.  I use my phone as a hotspot for other devices.

I could get a pocket wifi and another SIM, then bond the two together to create a 20Mbit connection, but I'd need some expensive hardware to bond the two connections together and it would still limit the speed to 10Mbit on the phone.

Any faster unlimited out there?

Thanks!

You just missed out on the DTAC double speed offering of 20 Mbps. Though no doubt you would have baulked at the price, as nowhere near 200 baht per month.

I use the 200baht unlimited 10mb package. I share the connection with a WISP router hosting 2 other phones, a Roku, and a laptop. My girlfriend and I use YouTube and internet all day due to the lockdown for covid-19. About 64GB a month. No slowdown near the end of the month as I have run a speed test and get between 7mb and 11mb. No streaming buffering issues. Download torrents overnight. Much better 4G than I ever got in the States.

The condo has wireless, but it is garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 5:20 PM, Eindhoven said:

Go to service provider, buy a SIM and get them to apply the package.

Someone might post the codes if you are lucky.

• max 4 Mbps: 150 THB, activation: *777*967*306650#
  • max. 10 Mbps: 200 THB, activation: *777*968*306650#

Got the details from this site, they have the best info on Thai SIMs I can find.  Update it if you can as its a wiki.

https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Thailand

On 4/10/2020 at 3:58 PM, frantick said:

I use the 200baht unlimited 10mb package. I share the connection with a WISP router hosting 2 other phones, a Roku, and a laptop. 

Does Personal Hotspot on iPhone work with AIS?  I have DTAC and it says no hotspots but it still works.  I'm thinking to switch for the 250B if I can find an open store as the Condo I'm about to move into apparently has crappy wifi for 200B/week, but would hate to throw away the money if there's no hotspot.  I have a travel wifi router but it doesn't have cellular/SIM-card. 

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2020 at 12:03 AM, theWTD said:

Does Personal Hotspot on iPhone work with AIS?  I have DTAC and it says no hotspots but it still works.  I'm thinking to switch for the 250B if I can find an open store as the Condo I'm about to move into apparently has crappy wifi for 200B/week, but would hate to throw away the money if there's no hotspot.  I have a travel wifi router but it doesn't have cellular/SIM-card. 

I'm on True now, but used AIS for 3 years prior to that and Dtac prior to that. Never had a problem with using as a hotspot on any of them even to multiple devices simultaneously. 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, theWTD said:
  • max 4 Mbps: 150 THB, activation: *777*967*306650#
  • max. 10 Mbps: 200 THB, activation: *777*968*306650#

Got the details from this site, they have the best info on Thai SIMs I can find.  Update it if you can as its a wiki.

https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Thailand

These codes have already been posted, a few posts above yours #224.

They appear to have neglected to add the codes from Truemove H and DTAC, who have exactly the same package.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:03 PM, theWTD said:

All networks work with Personal Hotspot. All three main networks have the same package.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 7:19 AM, theWTD said:

Can confirm I got the 200b package and get 10MBPS (up to 30MBPS at times with speedtest).  Works with my iPhone hotspot.  Streaming, Netflix, YouTube, it all works really well. Cheers!

Which carrier?

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

They all have the same package. What is important is which carrier is capable of 10 Mbps at your location.

It was just a general question. I know they all offer the same. I currently have True, but 1 year 4mbps sim. It was working great up until about 2 months ago and has since gone south. Thought it may have been caused by too many sitting at home because of Corona and killing the available bandwidth. I have had AIS and had no problems. Dtac before that ok in urban areas, not so in rural areas. He seemed happy. Just wanted to know the carrier.

22 hours ago, rhodie said:

It was just a general question. I know they all offer the same. I currently have True, but 1 year 4mbps sim. It was working great up until about 2 months ago and has since gone south. Thought it may have been caused by too many sitting at home because of Corona and killing the available bandwidth. I have had AIS and had no problems. Dtac before that ok in urban areas, not so in rural areas. He seemed happy. Just wanted to know the carrier.

Are you still having problems with True? i was toying with switching from AIS, they no longer do the 10mbps 200 baht month deal, but they are doing the ones below, but far more expensive than True

Screenshot_20200520-140407_1.png

On 5/19/2020 at 9:06 AM, rhodie said:

Actually, as Scuba has pointed out below, the unlimited data packages have been discontinued.

Now with a measly 30GB limit. Of course those who signed up earlier will continue to get the fully unlimited data pack for twelve months after subscribing.

Edited by Eindhoven

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are you still having problems with True? i was toying with switching from AIS, they no longer do the 10mbps 200 baht month deal, but they are doing the ones below, but far more expensive than True

People with older SIM(before 1st of Feb last year) can still avail themselves of the truly unlimited data packs

AIS for instance, 1926 baht for 90 days of 10 Mbps or 800 baht for 90 days of 1 Mbps etc

But I still have the 200 baht 10 Mbps pack going...

Perhaps an idea for you to get a 49 baht Truemove H SIM and run a speed test at your location before committing.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10mbps-1-true-sim-net-unlimited-sim-1-i257626141-s396924058.html

Is there any reason that you didn't sign up for the 10 Mbps deal whilst it was running?

You could have signed up and then left it dormant(other than validity date top ups) until you needed it.

You can take a chance in buying a new AIS SIM and applying the 10 Mbps code yourself.

If the code no longer works, you can at least apply the 200 GB of 4 Mbps for 200 baht package that definitely exists, for that month.

So you won't be losing anything by taking a punt.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

People with older SIM(before 1st of Feb last year) can still avail themselves of the truly unlimited data packs

AIS for instance, 1926 baht for 90 days of 10 Mbps or 800 baht for 90 days of 1 Mbps etc

But I still have the 200 baht 10 Mbps pack going...

Perhaps an idea for you to get a 49 baht Truemove H SIM and run a speed test at your location before committing.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10mbps-1-true-sim-net-unlimited-sim-1-i257626141-s396924058.html

Is there any reason that you didn't sign up for the 10 Mbps deal whilst it was running?

You could have signed up and then left it dormant(other than validity date top ups) until you needed it.

You can take a chance in buying a new AIS SIM and applying the 10 Mbps code yourself.

If the code no longer works, you can at least apply the 200 GB of 4 Mbps for 200 baht package that definitely exists, for that month.

So you won't be losing anything by taking a punt.

Good info right there.

I didn't sign up for the 10mbps because i already had 1 year unlimited 1mbps which actually was ok most of the time. Are you sure the unlimited is capped at 30gb? last year on the screen below it had a data allowance, now it's not shown so looks like may not be restricted? i do have an old AIS sim for years so maybe that's why.

I will get the True 49 baht sim to test it

Screenshot_20200520-160123.png

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep. It's what I would expect on the 1 mbps package right now. It was great for 9 months and then not so. AIS was great but when it got to 650 capped I went True. My 1 year runs out in about a month and then I will be looking. 

1 hour ago, rhodie said:

Yep. It's what I would expect on the 1 mbps package right now. It was great for 9 months and then not so. AIS was great but when it got to 650 capped I went True. My 1 year runs out in about a month and then I will be looking. 

I would test a new AIS SIM with the 4(150 baht) or 10 Mbps(200 baht) unlimited code before the end of the month, just in case they let it run unofficially, until the end of the month.

It's the new SIM monthly 10 Mbps packs that have the limited data allowance of 30GB.

Older SIM(b4 1st Feb 2019) have a different set of rules and packages.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

The codes for AIS are shown within post #274.

DTAC 10 Mbps *104*682# 200 baht

Truemove H 10 Mbps *900*9979# 200 baht

AIS 10 Mbps *777*968# 200 baht

Can confirm the AIS package still works I got it 2'ish weeks ago.  The only trick from what I read is that you must activate that package pretty much with a new SIM.  

Didn't know the codes for DTAC, that would have made life easier as I had (and then ditched!) DTAC.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2