AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I got a True sim, from Lazada, they sent 2 for 35 baht, anyway speed was 5-8mbps which is ok but nothing exciting especially when they suggest 300mbps is available, so I'm leaning towards AIS again when i renew

So that would be 5 to 8 Mbps for 1750 baht, for a year with Truemove H.

AIS 1800 baht for 1 Mbps or if the old promo codes still work, 1800 for unlimited 4 Mbps or 2400 for unlimited 10 Mbps.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

So that would be 5 to 8 Mbps for 1750 baht, for a year with Truemove H.

AIS 1800 baht for 1 Mbps or if the old promo codes still work, 1800 for unlimited 4 Mbps or 2400 for unlimited 10 Mbps.

I may still move to True but I'd prefer to avoid having 3 sims, currently i have 2, 1 Thailand and 1 UK. My current 1mbps AIS is giving 72mbps 

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I may still move to True but I'd prefer to avoid having 3 sims, currently i have 2, 1 Thailand and 1 UK. My current 1mbps AIS is giving 72mbps 

Are you connected to wifi by chance when you're running these speed tests?:)  These companies don't just give away fast bandwidth.

1 hour ago, theWTD said:

Are you connected to wifi by chance when you're running these speed tests?:)  These companies don't just give away fast bandwidth.

Wifi is off. AIS speed is 26mbps just now, yesterday was 72mbps. Wifi at best is 20mbps. TiT

I have been with AIS since 2006. I have always had them call or message me to get better packages, with unlimited data or unlimited data/call packages etc, Even my calls are cheaper. I get international roaming and I can pay my account online from anywhere in the world

I do not ask what I can do for them, but what they can do for me !

I have been a Serenade customer of more than ten years.

I am a post paid customer

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, salsajapan said:

So now what is the price for 10mbps unlimited ?

True, AIS and Dtac have it ? only with new sim ?

Why don't you just pay attention to what has been posted on this thread? All the information is already there. You'd better hurry up.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 5:49 AM, salsajapan said:

So now what is the price for 10mbps unlimited ?

True, AIS and Dtac have it ? only with new sim ?

Check the codes on the page 20. If the codes still work, today is likely the last day they will do so.

• Like 2

AIS confirmed that these 12 month deals with them direct are unlimited data, but cost much more than the Lazada 12 month sim deals below. Anyone know if there's any issue with these Lazada sims? ok for foreigners? easy to set up once paid?

Screenshot_20200606-130435.png

Screenshot_20200606-130411.png

Screenshot_20200606-130623_1.png

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

AIS confirmed that these 12 month deals with them direct are unlimited data, but cost much more than the Lazada 12 month sim deals below. Anyone know if there's any issue with these Lazada sims? ok for foreigners? easy to set up once paid?

Screenshot_20200606-130435.png

Screenshot_20200606-130411.png

Screenshot_20200606-130623_1.png

What issue ? the only issue could be that the SIM is fake and does not work ?

Who is selling it ? I would trust AIS shop more...

2 hours ago, scoupeo said:

What issue ? the only issue could be that the SIM is fake and does not work ?

Who is selling it ? I would trust AIS shop more...

Yes AIS shop no problem, in fact i usually just buy via the app. The Lazada sim is more hassle but half the price

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes AIS shop no problem, in fact i usually just buy via the app. The Lazada sim is more hassle but half the price

I bought one of the True sims from Lazada 10 months ago and it has performed to spec mostly, so hopefully these would be the same. I will be looking for the best deal at the end of July and if one of these is around I will give it a go.

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

As you state that AIS confirmed you can buy it directly from them, can you post the details of the 8-10Mbps offer that is available direct from AIS?

Pricing and description.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, Bruno123 said:

As you state that AIS confirmed you can buy it directly from them, can you post the details of the 8-10Mbps offer that is available direct from AIS?

Pricing and description.

Thank you.

the AIS 10MBPS unlimited for 200B/month has been discussed at least 4 times in the past month on this thread.  Take a look thru the thread for more info.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, theWTD said:

the AIS 10MBPS unlimited for 200B/month has been discussed at least 4 times in the past month on this thread.  Take a look thru the thread for more info.

We are not discussing the AIS 10 Mbps package. Pay attention.

This is a separate 8 - 10 Mbps package.

• Like 1

Fwiw my recent experience with Ais is simple....phone 1175 ask for what you want and invariably you will get it rather than trawl through there endless packages and these threads where most access package numbers no longer work/exit. imho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 6:03 PM, salsajapan said:

New AIS promotion unlimited until end of the month for 200thb / month

why paying for a full year when you can pay monthly and get it cheaper ?

image.png.3b004ad49a8c060521bea14cbc682799.png

That states the 12th to the 24th of June, if it works. They have repurposed the former 10 Mbps Unlimited code, for this 4 Mbps Unlimited package?

Seems a bit strange, to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, Eindhoven said:

That states the 12th to the 24th of June, if it works. They have repurposed the former 10 Mbps Unlimited code, for this 4 Mbps Unlimited package?

Just curious.. for these kinds of prepaid data packages, do they include the ability to make regular mobile phone calls for some extra added X baht-per-minute fee... OR.... are they strictly data only package, no calling available via the package?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:21 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just curious.. for these kinds of prepaid data packages, do they include the ability to make regular mobile phone calls for some extra added X baht-per-minute fee... OR.... are they strictly data only package, no calling available via the package?

Totally normal SIM. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

These are data only plans, but you can add a separate calling package on top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, Eindhoven said:

Halo, do you have the reply please ? does it work ? cheers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, asiacurious said:

These are data only plans, but you can add a separate calling package on top.

I had created a mostly ignored thread about "GOMO" the quite new SIM/package option by AIS marketed purely online. Have a look and compare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So apart from the provided data, they have the ability to make calls for some specified X baht per minute rate that's charged against a top-up balance?

Yes it's cheap, i don't use calls much because it's free using Line or messenger or WhatsApp etc. I have a balance of 100+ baht to cover any calls or texts i might make which is minimal

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a weird but typical experience with AIS lately...

The wife and I have been on the same AIS postpaid plan for the past year, 99 baht per month for 180 any network calling minutes, and then any data and SMS charged extra... Which was perfect for us, because we both have other main use SIMs and were just holding onto our original AIS numbers as backups/placeholders...

Now the weird part was, last week, AIS sent us both SMS messages saying our one-year plans were expiring and the best they could offer for the coming year was a 149b per month plan with the same 180 minutes and then unlimited 64 Kbps internet (the latter being pretty useless for almost anything).

I didn't really want to pay more for SIMs we really don't use much, so asked my wife to call AIS and see what could be done. She did, and they ended up offering her over the phone a different plan, supposedly something special because of the CV, that would keep our 99b per month / 180 minutes rate for at least the coming 3 months -- after sending us SMSs saying said plan wasn't available anymore.

So in the process, I was looking at the AIS website and AIS mobile app. Both the original plan we had and the newer 149b plan they originally offered both had Thai names. And neither of those could I find anywhere in the website or app. Nor could I find any calling minutes postpaid plan costing 99b or even 149b per month. I think the lowest postpaid plan with calling minutes I could find with them was something like 249b per month.

So, we're sticking with the 99b / 180 calling minutes plan for at least the coming 3 months. But it strikes me as reflecting an exceptional lack of transparency on AIS's part -- plans they claim are canceled that then are really not, low priced plans they offer, but don't seem to publicly list anywhere... Typical Thai stuff.

• Like 2