Oakley Thailand do not honor warranties

Some guy

I bought a pair of Oakleys less than 2 years ago (the warranty period is 2 years). They broke at the hinge. This is covered according to the English language warranty on the physical warranty card and Oakley Thailand website.

No Oakleys dealers including their own store will honor the warranty. They say the Thai langue version of the warranty says only the lenses are covered. I went to the dealers with my Thai wife so there was no language difficulty.

Oakley Thailand website does not have any contact us info but they do have social media links. I sent them and Oakleys main international email address this complaint with picks weeks ago and they have not replied.

I have always bought Oakleys and I still would in countries where there is only 1 version of the warranty and they honor it, but not Oakley Thailand.

Oakley (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
4.47 Google reviews

Point of interest
Known retail chain for its sporty sunglasses also stocks goggles, apparel & accessories.

Address : Oakley (Thailand) Co., Ltd. No. 1, Moo 3, Samrong Subdistrict, Phra Pradaeng Samut Prakan 10130

Hours :
Open now ·

Phone : 02 743 5151

From the Oakley Thailand English language site:

WHAT IS OAKLEY'S EYEWEAR WARRANTY?

Oakley eyewear products are warranted for two years from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship. Warranty is only valid with a proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer that clearly shows the purchase date.

WHAT IS COVERED BY WARRANTY (examples):

• Delamination and/or peeling of sun lens coating
  • Bubbles or imperfections in lens coating
  • Premature flaking or deterioration of frame coating
  • Soldering defects of temple hinges and/or barrels

WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY (examples):

• Normal wear and tear (scratches or pit marks on sun lenses)
  • Any damages caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, improper use or storage of product
  • Damage caused by chemicals (hair spray, cologne, window cleaner, alcohol, etc.)
  • Unauthorized modifications or repairs Loss of eyewear
  • Installation of non-Oakley lenses

https://th.oakley.com/en/support/Warranty